• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 421 Views, 0 Comments

A Lost Hawk - SketchGlide



A tale of a young human's journey through Equestria, seeking a way back to his homeworld but will soon play a part in something much larger.

  • ...
7
 0
 421

Prologue

A Lost Hawk

Prologue

Equestria, the world that you know filled with the many bright, colourful and pleasant beings known as ponies wasn't always like this. Even before the reign of Celestia and her sister, the world was quite a different place. Humans were the beings that presided over the land. And this world, much like the ponies' was at a state of peace, the humans lived pleasant, peaceful and prosperous lives. However, evil existed in each one, some humans never let it see the light of day while others used it simply to play harmless but devious tricks on one another. But a select few relished in it. A group of humans, driven by the desire for power and control over the land began to make a plan. A plan to resurrect a deity known as Diremos, that had long since been abolished long ago. But these humans were foolish and blinded by their dreams because although they were successful in bringing the demon lord back from his eternal slumber, they could not seize his power, nor negotiate with him.

It wasn't long before the world of peace became the world of torment. Diremos had made all the humans into his mere slaves and their towns and streets were filled with flames, blood and death. The world was crumbling and the signs of hope grew dimmer as each day passed. The humans however, although many had succumbed to the misery of the world, still stood with a flame of hope growing ever brighter in their hearts. They sought for the freedom of their species and the liberation of the land.

A great war soon ensued, where humans and demons fought for endless days and nights. Much blood was shed and much pain was felt, but the humans were nothing if not persistent and they fought on no matter the cost. The war seemed to last for eons with little sign of any struggle from Diremos, in fact this war appeared to be little more than a game to him. For as many as the humans were, he and his demons stood strong and powerful as ever.

More time passed by, humans grew tired and weak and Diremos seemed to be getting weary of the war, even he was surprised towards the persistence of the humans, but there numbers were dying down, many were lying in holes dying and the few remaining were left with ounces of strength left. Although they could not kill the evil one, there was one more thing that they could do. Imprison his soul. sure enough the humans were able to seal him deep beneath the earth in a seal that would never again be opened. The last of the humans left their cold, dark and broken world that now housed the evil spirit and fled to a new one where they could rebuild and reclaim the peace that they sought after.

Many many years have passed since these dark days, the humans gone from the world and the demon lord remained trapped in the depths of the earth. The world became the beautiful Equestria, the magical equines came to power and a reign of peace resigned over the world. The days went by and the beings of this world knew little to nothing of the humans and their past, with only a select few passing down what they knew.

Humans were little more than a legend to them.