• Published 5th Jul 2014
  • 759 Views, 5 Comments

The Parties of Party Ponies - Derpator



Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie exchange letters, sharing their party stories between each other.

  • ...
0
 5
 759

1 - Working out the kinks (Prologue)

Thursday 26th March 7:34PM

Dear Pinkie Pie,

I’m not sure how to open up with this. It’s my first letter, and I’m not entirely used to how this works. You told me to send you details regarding my parties around Equestria. I’ll happily do that, but Boneless Two doesn’t seem to react much. Does the letter magically emerge? And how do I send it?

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. I’ll try to insert it into Boneless Two’s mouth, but otherwise I’m confused.

Yours truly,

Cheese Sandwich


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 7:39PM

Dear Cheese Sandwich,

Thanks for writing! I got your letter from Boneless. Twilight used her fancy magic to turn Boneless into a mailbox too! We have matching sets! Thanks again for giving me Boneless by the way, that was really sweet of you.

I’m guessing since I got this letter, that you managed to send it. I saw the look on your face when the letter suddenly vanished, and then you jumped back. I couldn’t help giggling, sorry about that. In case you didn’t know, I’m currently watching you from the upstairs of Sugarcube Corner. You haven’t even left Ponyville yet!

Why don’t you come back and I’ll help you out? When you get this letter, look up at Sugarcube Corner, and you’ll see me waving.

Also, can I call you Cheese from now on?

Pinkie Pie xx


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 7:40PM

Dear Cheese,

Did you see me waving? I saw you see me! Hi again! Come back ok?

Pinkie Pie xx


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 8:25PM

Dear Pinkie Pie,

Thank you for helping me out there. I was afraid there for a moment. I’ve now left Ponyville, ready to carry on my travels. I’ll definitely write to you about the parties I throw. I’m sure you’ll be very interested in what I have to share.

...Actually, I’m getting something now. Hold on a second.

Whoa, that was certainly something. My cheesy sense went a-tinglin! It seems my next destination is Canterlot. Guess I’ll have to catch a train to get there.

Go ahead and call me Cheese, I don’t mind. By the way, what is up with the time at the top of the letter? Did you write it?

Yours truly,

Cheese Sandwich


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 8:28PM

Dear Cheese,

Ooh, Canterlot sounds great! I hope you’ll have a great party. I’ve been there a few times, and I’ve thrown a few parties on my visits. Did you know I threw the party for Princess Cadence and Shining Armor’s wedding? It was super special, except for those mean changelings showing up. They almost ruined everything!

I bet you’ll like Canterlot. Rarity says it’s filled with high-class unicorns though, so you might want to organise something a little less Pinkie and a bit more fancy. I wish they’d liven up though. Who doesn’t love a good party?

Dashie still thanks you by the way; she won’t stop jumping around my room shouting out how epic her birth-iversary was. She wants to remind you how awesome her day was thanks to you. I think we really made a birthday she won't ever forget. We should do another joint party again sometime.

You know, you don’t have to end with ‘yours truly’ every letter. You can also call me Pinkie, if you’d like. I don't mind.

I don’t get the time flicky thing either. I didn't write it. Twilight said a whole bunch of science-y mumble stuff, and she said something about these letters having an ‘automatic clock’. I don’t know what that means, but I assume it’s good.

I look forward to hearing about your Canterlot party!

Pinkie Pie xx


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 10:01PM

Dear Pinkie, Pie

Sorry about that error, I remembered after making the mistake. I haven’t reached Canterlot yet. I’m currently on the train there, but I couldn’t stop thinking about what you meant regarding the ‘high class’ aspect. Could you possibly clarify more on that?

And what is a changeling?

Yours tru Sorry, made a mistake again.

Cheese Sandwich


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 10:10PM

Dear Cheese,

Cheese you silly filly. You don’t have to be sorry about making a silly error.

What I mean is, Rarity says the unicorns that live in Canterlot prefer the more fancy things than we Ponyville ponies do. Princess Cadence didn’t want one of those, so it was a regular Pinkie Pie party when I was there. I don’t exactly know how much of a difference you'd have to make, but I get a tingly feeling that using your party howitzer might not be the best idea.

You don’t know what a changeling is? They’re nasty, mean bugs that feed off of love. They almost ruined the royal wedding of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor! They can change their appearance to mimic a pony, so you wouldn’t ever know if your best friend is one! You shouldn’t see any in Canterlot though. We got rid of them all.

Hang on a moment. I think Dashie is acting a bit suspicious. She might be a changeling as I look at her. I need to check this out.

Pinkie Pie xx


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 10:15PM

Dear Pinkie,

I’ve thrown a Canterlot party before, but it wasn’t what you seem to be describing. I guess I’ll ask around once I arrive, and I’ll take into account your party howitzer suggestion.

Those changelings sound horrible. I’ve never heard of them, but they sound bad just from what you wrote. I’m glad you saved the day, I presume, seeing as how you mentioned they ‘almost’ ruined the wedding. I’m guessing it all went better than excepted.

I’m pretty sure Rainbow Dash isn’t a changeling though. I’ve never met one, but she doesn't strike me as the type to feed off love, or copy another pony's identity. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Cheese Sandwich


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 10:18PM

Dear Pinkie,

I’ve just went through a few minutes of thinking, and I really, really have to persist the idea that Rainbow Dash is NOT a changeling. Don’t worry about it.

Cheese Sandwich


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 10:25PM

Dear Pinkie,

Are you there? You’re starting to worry me Pinkie. Suggesting that Rainbow Dash is a changeling, and then not writing to me for ten minutes. Please don’t do anything rash. Again, I don’t think she would be one, and I ask that you not do anything you might regret.

Cheese Sandwich


[/hr]


[/hr]

Thursday 26th March 10:28PM

Dear Cheese,

Sorry about that. You were right, Dashie isn’t a changeling. It took a lot of Pinkie Pie measures to get her to fess up, but I did it!

I’m sorry for making you worry so much. Be sure to let me know when you’re in Canterlot!

Pinkie Pie xx