• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 861 Views, 13 Comments

The Valkyries - StayAwhileAndListen



Strange happenings in Equestria, ponies suddenly vanishing, an unknown force making its move. Fluttershy is taken from her home, and dropped alone in a strange new land.

  • ...
1
 13
 861

Chapter 1: So where is she?

Author's Note:

So I made a rather HUUUUGE deletion here, the original scene I had with the villains being all...villainous, is now gone. I felt it didn't fit with the rest of the story, maybe gave too much away, just wasn't very well written, and admittedly also didn't have very much forethought behind it. Since time has passed and well, I now know more so of who the villains are, and where I want the story to go. So that section is officially scrapped, and does not actually have any effect on any chapters to come.

---

Also! Decided to make a Stat sheet for every and any Stand introduced. Why? Because it's done in the manga of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and it highly amuses me soooo... here's the first!

Stand: Angel Witch
User: Kendal Armstrong

Power: C
Speed: C
Range: C
Staying: A
Precision: B
Learning: A

Ability: When it touches any sentient organism, it may force that organism to fuse with the next living thing it touches. The Stand User may decide exactly how those organisms fuse, if she were to care enough to do so. Those fused in such a way may find themselves stuck in a situation where their two minds become forced to share one.

Fluttershy had spent several minutes hiding away from the creature that had scared her. Her forehead throbbed, as she had jerked it directly into the other thing's skull. She had made a mad dash into a nearby bush, just staring at her strange new appendages and trying to make sense of what had happened. She remembered a bizarre pony, and there was a portal in her home.

She wiped at her eyes with her fingers, tearing up either due to her situation, the pain in her forehead, or both. Her breathing had sped up dramatically, and the only explanation she could come up with was that this was all part of some horrible nightmare.

“Uh... you alright there? Do you understand me?” Fluttershy nearly jumped when the person spoke again. They continued to speak to her, though after the first questions their words had become quite foreign to her ears.

“I... I'm okay,” Fluttershy whispered back, “B-but I don't know wh-where I am.”

There was a moment of silence between the two of them, and Fluttershy looked out of her bush to see the two legged person putting her ear right up to the leaves, “Huh? Did you say something?” her words had gone back to Fluttershy's own language, which was at least slightly more comforting, “I've got some extra clothes if you need a pair.”

“I-I'm fine...” She was still whispering, mostly just wanting whoever it was to leave her alone so she could curl into a ball and sob for a while. She needed to wait there, the girls would get her out of this. They always were there when she needed them.

“Well, fair enough! I'll be moving along then, was nice to-” The voice, full of energy and a bit boyish, stopped dead in its tracks as the creature it belonged to stared through the branches of the bush directly at Fluttershy.

She quickly wrapped her wings around her face as soon as she knew she was being watched.

“By Erucaundron's knuckles, you've got wings!” Fluttershy was not certain as to why that of all things was strange, given that her body was a lanky, mess with front hooves that worked vastly differently than the back ones, “And pink hair!” Nor was she too sure why her mane was getting so much attention. The longer this thing stayed by her, the more she just wished they'd go away, “You must be an angel!”

Fluttershy never took well to attention of almost any sort, and in such a unique situation as she had found herself in, she simply began to whimper behind her own wings. Perhaps if she didn't say anything long enough, she would have been left alone. But, on the other hoof, the creature in front of her did seem kind enough, if a bit overwhelming.

“I'm a pegasus...” She whispered again, only being answered by a moment of silence.

She had been about to repeat herself, when a pair of hands gripped her wings firmly and gently pulled them open, revealing a girl wearing a massive grin and two piercing yellow eyes, “Okay, I can't hear you from down here, and it's starting to bother me. Who are you? Can you speak up? Would you like some pants? Also, are you an angel?” Fluttershy stared awestruck at the girl in front of her. Her face had no coat of fur, much as she no longer had. Her mane, on the other hoof, was in dire need of a comb. The shoulder length brown hairs reached out in all directions, which combined with the eyes to give her the appearance of a predator from the Everfree Forest.

Fluttershy's instinct to shriek and flail at the sudden touch seemed to be forgotten by the barrage of questions, as she suddenly found her voice, “I'm a Pegasus from Ponyville, my name is Fluttershy, I have no idea what's going on and I'm terrified right now!” She nearly yelled her answers as she turned away from those dangerous looking eyes, and backed herself to the other end of her bush.

She had put her hands in front of her eyes as she tried to conceal herself, knowing that she could get out whenever she had a better grasp of where she was, or what she was. Or she could never come out, that didn't sound too bad either. Fluttershy hardly even noticed that the girl had sat down beside her, “I'm Syndra, nice to meet you, Butterfly!” Her voice never seemed to lose it's childlike energy. Fluttershy dared to look again, seeing the now seated creature staring her down, wearing a grin that could rival Pinkie's.

Fluttershy's first instinct was to whimper. Instead, she put her limbs down, holding herself up to look at the girl in front of her, “My-uhm my name is Fluttershy, not Butterfly.” She poked her head outside of the bush, trying to get herself back out of it, now that she felt somewhat calmer. Her movement felt awkward, with back legs far too long and a bone structure that didn't seem able to easily support walking as she was used to. Her front limbs seemed to fair a little better, with a slightly wider range of motion, yet they were shorter than the back legs. Her attempt at a simple trot ended up as an awkward crawl with her new appendages pointed at odd angles, and her back arched as though she were stretching out, instead of trying to walk normally.

Needless to say, it didn't take long for her not-hooves to slide out beneath her and sent her falling into the dirt. Her sudden humiliation was countered only by Syndra's sudden amusement, the girl letting out a burst of laughter, “Yahahaha! Well, you definitely don't walk like an angel!” Fluttershy started to whimper at the girl's laughter, the harsh words of several young fillies and colts running through her mind. She just couldn't catch a break, everyone was going to be awful to her, and her friends were no where to be seen! Not to forget that she didn't even know if Angel and the other animals were alright, and...

“Hey, Flutterfly, let's be friends!”

Fluttershy looked up from the ground, a hand extended out to her. For a brief moment, as she looked upon the still smiling face of her new acquaintance, she couldn't help but forget her own fear. She took the strange girl's hand without a second thought.