• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 1,043 Views, 3 Comments

The Princess and the Nightcolt - fluttercord4ever



"A tragic tale between a princess and a pony who was suppose to be her worst enemy."

  • ...
6
 3
 1,043

prologue

It was a warm summer's night. Twilight was finishing her weekly letters to Princess Celestia, when she heard tiny hooves steps coming down the stairs. Twilight turned around to see Nyx with tiny sleepy eyes.

"Hey Nyx. Why are you up so late? You do know you have school in the morning." Twilight said

"I know Twilight," Nyx said in her sweet innocent voice. "but I can't sleep. I tried and tried, but I can't."

Nyx looked up a Twilight with her pretty blue eyes. Twilight thought for a moment and then smiled to herself. With her horn glowing she pulled out a purple book from the top self.

"How about I read you a story, Nyx? That's what my mother did when I couldn't fall asleep." Twilight said with a warm smile.

Jumping around Nyx said.

"I would love that Twilight!"

Twilight smiled and said back to Nyx.

"Ok, lets go to my bed and I'll read it to you."

Twilight said as taking Nyx to her room. When getting there Nyx jumped happily on the Twilight's bed with a joyful laugh. Twilight smiled at laughing jumpy filly on her bed. With her magic still holding the book she walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Ok Nyx, this was one of the stories my mother read to me." Twilight said.

Twilight then smiled at the book remembering asking her mother to read this book over and over again.

"Boy, I must have been a hooveful for my mother." Twilight said to herself.

Nyx still jumping on the bed with a big smile on her face.

" So, what is the story called Twilight?" Nyx ask Twilight.

Twilight used her magic to bring the book on her bed and flipped the page to the title page "The Princess and the Nightcolt".

"What is the book about Twilight?" Nyx asked Twilight with joyful eyes.

Twilight looked at Nyx eyes and said.

"A tragic tale between a princess and a pony who was suppose to be her worst enemy."