• Published 13th Aug 2014
  • 1,247 Views, 15 Comments

The squirt I'll never forget. - Lightning Splash



Years after Rainbow Dash agrees to take Scootaloo under her wing, Rainbow Dash is an elite flyer at the wonderbolts and Scootaloo is following in her footsteps. But Scootaloo's story takes a turn when a very horrible accident happens

  • ...
8
 15
 1,247

Chapter two

"No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "Seriously Scootaloo, what is wrong with you?"

"Sorry, Commander Dash!" Scootaloo yelled back as she tried to dodge the moving hoops.

"Windy Feathers, pick up the pace! UGH! Scootaloo, get your butt down here!" Rainbow winced as she almost got whacked by the hoop.

"What is it, Rainbow?" Scootaloo asked once she landed.

"No, what is it Scootaloo? Your all over the place, really, what's wrong?" Scootaloo looked away.

"Nothing's wrong, Commander Dash."

"Yes it-...Then you should be doing better. If your not finished by six-o-clock your not getting dinner." Scootaloo's jaw dropped.

"What?! That's not fair!"

"Scootaloo." Rainbow whispered and pulled the orange pony closer. "Listen, if you don't start getting better, I'm going to have to fail you. You've been getting thirty percent or less on all the challenges and that's an F. If you don't pick up the slack, ponies will start to think I'm favoring you." Scootaloo sighed.

"I'm really sorry, Dash. I'm not slacking off! I haven't been staying up late or anything."

"Maybe your not ready to be a wonderbolt." Rainbow interrupted.

"I am, I swear! You said so yourself, I'm better than you when you were my age."

"Not any more. Either do something about your awful grades or quit. If there's really nothing wrong, which might I add, I don't believe, then you should be doing better." Scootaloo sighed.

"Yes, Commander Dash." She said and rocketed back up into the sky. At least her speed was still working.

"Your in denial Scootaloo." Rainbow murmured as she watched the pony fail to finish going through the hoop. "Maybe you'll be better at tomorrow's race." Spitfire walked up next to Rainbow.

"She's not doing so good." Spitfire said.

"I've been trying to figure out what wrong, but she says it's nothing."

"DABDA." Spitfire said knowingly.

"Gesundheit." Spitfire rolled her eyes.

"No, it's the stages of grief. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. Has she lost anyone lately?"

"No. If she had, I would have known. Maybe a boyfriend just broke up with her." Spitfire raised an eyebrow at this. "Maybe not." Rainbow admitted, suppressing a grin.

"Speaking of boyfriend, how's the fort holding up?" Rainbow cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Marriage, Dash. How are you and Soarin'?" Rainbow winced at his name.

"GREAT JOB, CYAN WINGS!" Dash yelled as one of her best ponies dodged a particularly hard obstacle. "I miss him. He's been gone a lot, saying he's got work. But when I call his workplace they say he hasn't been there for days." Spitfire nodded absently. "I think he's cheating."

"What?" Spitfire eyes widened. "Why would Soarin' do that?"

"I dunno." Rainbow said sadly, tears starting to swell in her eyes, but never wetting her cheeks.

"Looks like you've got some problems of your own to figure out." Was all she said. Spitfire flew away leaving Rainbow to her thoughts.

"Looks like I've got a hubby to talk to." Rainbow gritted her teeth.



Work ran late that day, when Rainbow Dash returned home she was about ready to hit the hay. About ready, not quite yet. When she walked in the door she set her bags down and slipped out of her itchy uniform. Soarin' ran up to greet her but she pushed him away. Soarin' was confused by this action but he shook his head, as if trying to clear the thoughts away.

"We need to talk." He said sitting down on the couch with a smug face.

"Yeah, we do need to talk!" Soarin' eyes widened at her assertiveness.

"Dashie, baby, are you alright. Maybe you need a massage." He started to rub her back. She pulled away from his touch again.

"Don't call me that!" She smacked his hoof. His brows started to crease in sadness.

"What's wrong?" He asked confused and sad.

"You! Your what's so wrong. You walked into my life, and you were so perfect, and then." Rainbow started to hyperventilate. "And then you broke my heart!" She sobbed.

"Rainbow." Soarin' said grabbing her and hugging her tightly. Her stroked her mane gently and rocked her back and forth. "What happened, what did I do to hurt you?"

"You're a cheater." She cried.

"A cheater?" He gasped surprised. "Dashie, I love you. Why ever would you think that?"

"Because you say you're going to work, I pack you a sandwich, I say I love you, and then when I call to see if your off work soon they say you haven't been there for days."

"Oh no, Dashie, that's not it at all." He said starting to understand. He pulled her away to look at her face. "Baby, honey. My lovely wife, do you want to know what I've really been doing?" Rainbow was unsure but nodded. Soarin' carried her into their back yard. But it didn't look like their back yard. Rainbow gasped.

"I love you! I'll never doubt you again, I'm so sorry!" She kissed him. All around the back yard lights were strung in rainbow colors. There was a giant pond with a bridge that led to a gazebo with a table and two chairs. As Soarin' carried her closer Rainbow heard the soft music of a medalark. The table was lit by candle light, A simple white table cloth was draped over it. Soarin' pulled out a chair and set Rainbow down gently, birds flew around her head and crowned her with flowers, Soarin' took a seat on the opposite side. On the table was a plate of food with a silver dome over it and a glass of bubbling champagne was poured by several birds.

"So do you like it?" Rainbow's eyes widened.

"I love it! You're the best husband in the world! It's beautiful." Soarin' smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you."

Author's Note:

I know it seems like a love story, but it's not! I just needed to clarify the story is about Rainbow Dash and I wanted to make sure Rainbow Dash knew her hubby wasn't cheating on her.