• Published 2nd Jul 2014
  • 834 Views, 2 Comments

Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone - Lightning Splash



This is the first book in the Daring Do adventures in which Daring Do finds the sapphire stone and has to go through many perilous adventures that include Ahuizotl

  • ...
2
 2
 834

Chapter seven: Another Day, Another Dungeon

Daring Do struggled as the bonds that held her to the table squeezed tighter.

“You won’t get away with this Ahuizotl!” Daring grunted in anger.

“But I already have.” Ahuizotl said simply in that same silky voice. He turned and pulled a lever.

“Ugh! Not again.” Ahuizotl waved goodbye and ran away with his cats following him. Suddenly the walls grew spikes and started to close in. Daring Do struggled more. Spiders began to crawl out onto the spikes. Cobras crawled in and came up to meet Daring’s eyes and sand poured in the room. “Quick sand!” Daring Do said and struggled more. “Feels like the harder I struggle, ugh, the tighter the ropes get.” She struggled even more and her hat fell off. She looked over at the lever and grabbed her hat with her teeth and with her hind leg she launched the hat across the room. The hat flew around the room hitting various objects but she never got the see if it hit its mark because sand came up all around her and filled her nostrils so she couldn’t breathe. Suddenly the sand came down and the ropes busted. The hat hit the lever! She was free! She breathed in the sweet air and chucked sand out of her ears. The door opened and Daring got her hat and put it on. “Another day, another dungeon.”