• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 1,141 Views, 15 Comments

The other Spirits of Chaos - Siswitch



the one with the other draconequus

  • ...
2
 15
 1,141

The draconequus's plot

The orange pegasus filly swallowed nervously as she took in the massive structure in front of her. The ragged mountain wasn't necessarily the tallest mountain in the land, the peak was barely sprinkled with snow, but it was the most foreboding. To her it resembled an old piece of paper that had been crumpled and thrown to the ground with many impossible overhangs creating menacing shadows and deep treacherous caves giving it a frightening appearance.

Just touch the base of the mountain and then run away. That’s all you need to do.

The filly remembered the dare her friends had given her. The mountain was barely spoken about in her town a few miles away because of its sudden appearance, chaotic structure and dark presence, even the clouds around it swirled around the tip as though the sheer creepiness of the mountain was causing a gravitation pull. Princess Celestia had forbid anyone from going there, promising it would go away after a week, how she knew it would disappear the filly didn’t know. After taking a few deep breaths she straightened up and put on a brave face, she convinced herself she was braver than she actually was and marched towards the mountain.

“People have been speaking of us a lot lately.” The sudden deep voices made all sense of bravery in her disappear, the filly backed up slowly into a gap in a deformed rock to hide. She tried not to yelp in pain as a feather was torn off by the walls of her hiding place but a small whimper escaped her lips, the silence that followed frightened her to the core as the waited for whatever spoke to continue. She let out a breath of relief as it apparently didn’t hear her and continued speaking casually, “One of our kind has been accepted into a community of ponies.”

The young filly poked her head out of her hiding place a little to try and see what it was, she could clearly see a faded red tail that was missing a few scales hanging over the edge of a rock and a two long different horns peeking over the edge but the rest was impossible to see from her angle. Another unseen creature scoffed.

“No they haven’t! They aren’t speaking of us, only him. That... Stupid oaf! They know nothing of a true Draconequus.” Draconequus, she had heard that word before. There was one in Ponyville, her home, he was harmless albeit a bit childish at times. “He’s an insult to our kind! Chaos isn’t supposed to be fun or safe!” His voice had a low growling edge to it.

“Calm yourself Anarchy.” An older voice, deeper voice seemed to calm him as the growling stopped, it was the same voice that had spoken first. The small filly saw the faded red tail disappear as it walked away from the edge, “We simply need to pay, Discord was it?” A murmur of agreement. “Discord a little visit so we can ‘talk’ to him. We need those in the town who like him and think that his actions are normal to realise he is a freak. That he isn’t even close to being a true draconequus.” He paused, she could just hear him sigh. “That despite him being apparently as old as me he is the most childish creature I have ever heard off!”

The unseen group all yelled in agreement, the filly could see most fly into the air as they spoke of their plan to ‘talk’ with him. She and gasped breathlessly at what she saw, they all had such horrible unnatural forms, their bodies were mismatched, heavily muscled and long. Their huge carnivorous teeth seemed to barely fit in their mouths as they joined in an almost tribal cheer.

One of the thicker ones fell to the rock floor with a ground shaking thump, it violently shape shifted as he landed to a redder, warmer stone. The filly yelped in shock as the ground under her hooves morphed in such a sudden way.

Silence.

The eldest turned to look at the young filly, his fur was shaggy and his horns were the definitely the longest giving him a wise and at the same time frightening appearance.

“My my... Look what we have here.” His grin widened as he heard her whimper, his pack of fellow monsters gathered around her too. He let a little growl escape his throat to further enhance her fear. “Sorry for this darling but we can’t have anypony finding out about us...”

Run.

Her legs seemed to gallop before her brain sent them the signal to, running faster than they ever had to escape these horrible creatures. She might only be a small filly but the huge beasts had a disadvantage, both their magic and their huge bodies were inaccurate at chasing the small orange dot as she zipped through cracks in rock and under slabs.

Or at least that’s what she thought.

Later that evening she’d realise they were spirits of chaos, they could off easily trapped her. They weren’t trying to get her.

They were trying to send a message.

After a minute or two they stopped dead in their tracks, watching the little orange pegasus dart away quickly in the direction of her home town.

“That was a bit harsh.” A heavily scarred draconequus said sarcastically as he watched the frightened dot disappear into the horizon.

“We needed to give a fair warning, besides I’m not hungry.” The leader gave a quick glance over his colleague’s battered body before leaping into the air, his large wings easily keeping him up. He scanned his packs mismatched forms and grinned, revealing his large white teeth. “Come join me my brethren in a reawakening of the meaning of ‘draconequus’. Whether you are young or old, male or female I don’t care... Let us show those foals what we are; Spirits of CHAOS!”
Another tribal cheer erupted from his large pack as they revelled in the idea. One by one they jumped into the air and shifted into an array of flying animals, all heading for one location. The location of Discord, the one who was sullying their name, the one who was an insult to their kind.

The one who lived in Ponyville.
------

“What do you thinks taking her?” The small white filly squeaked, the mountain from here was a long way but it had been around two hours since they had seen their friend. The yellow filly beside her shook her head, her eyes twisted in worry.

“Ah dunno.. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea, Sweetie Belle...” Apple Bloom swallowed as she began to feel fear at what might off befallen her friend. “I mean... Maybe it is too dangerous like Princess Celestia said!”

Before her friend could answer a small orange flash caught their eye, they turned and saw their friend walking pathetically slowly towards them. Rushing quickly to meet her they noticed something was wrong straight away.

Scootaloo’s mane, coat and feathers were all ruffled and out of place, her eyes were tear streaked and red and she was panting hard and ragged like she had just ran a marathon. Her friends frantically asked her what was wrong, why she’d taken so long and asked what she saw. To all this, Scootaloo could only take one final deep breath to calm her aching lungs and muttered.

“I need to get to town. I need to warn everypony.. The... The Draconequu’s are co-coming... They’re coming for Discord.”