• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 296 Views, 0 Comments

Dark Ascent - Wildluigi77777



When Wild and Chrono fool around with dark magic, an evil side of Wild is given life.

  • ...
 0
 296

Two New Heroes

Author's Note:

Another short one. This and chapter 6 are shorter as both take place while Wild is explaining Sentry's death to Twilight.

"Come on! Wake up! Don't you feel this disturbance in the balance? It can only be one thing..."
"Damnit, can't a mare get some sleep around here? What's going on?"
"You don't feel that disturbance!? He's returned!"

"Who!? Wait, you mean... Him, don't you?"

"Yes, I mean him. The Harbinger of Darkness, the Lord of Shadows. Darkblithe."
"It feels like him, but the power is off... He seems weaker. Much weaker. This can't be the same stallion. Are you sure Krys?"
"I'm more than sure, Valencia. It's him."

Krys grabs her friend by the arm and drags her out of the house. Upon stepping out, she felt an all too familiar power. "Wait... Wild... Didn't he... die?"
"Who, Wild? Uhh, yeah. But his body was never found... Why?"

"I... I feel him! I feel his power! He's alive!" Krys shouted to the heavens. Wild was an old friend of hers. Always protective of her. He looked down at her like a filly, but she didn't mind. Her wings flapped happily at feeling his power, but she shivered a bit in fear that he could be a risen. Nasty buggers they are. Undead that look too much like who they were before they died. They used this to their advantage to kill millions of ponies during the first Moon of the Dead. Another was due in a few years, but, that's another story.

Valencia sighed. "I highly doubt it now. If he wasn't dead, he would've been found years ago, with everyone looking for him. We would have felt him when he went missing as well! It's not him!"

"Valencia... I don't care. I'm going to find him! If it's him, yay, if it's not, so be it. I at least spent the time looking!" Krys took off flying, leaving her friend on the ground, who quickly flies after her.

"If it's not him, I'm going to slap you for waking me up! Now, where is his energy coming from?"
"Ponyville!" The excited Pegasus flies swiftly to Ponyville, hoping, wanting the energy signature to be none other than her best friend, Wild.
Valencia flutters her wings harder, trying her hardest to keep up with her friend. Seeing it as a lost cause, she stops trying to catch up. "That mare... She always jumped when she felt his power all those years ago... She didn't change in that aspect."