• Published 27th Jun 2014
  • 411 Views, 3 Comments

Silver Strings - Silver Strings



Silver Strings is a cute fanfiction about my oc and how he met the love of his life.

  • ...
 3
 411

Ch 1: First Love

Silver Strings Ch 1: First Love

This is a fanfic of a pony I have invented myself. This fanfic is inspired simply from my imagination with some help from my girlfriend. His name is Silver Strings. His pegasus body is a light blue gray color, and his mane and eyes, a dark brown. My first story is the meeting of his first love, Star Shimmer. Now, on to the story.

It was just an ordinary day for Silver, nothing special; he was on his way home from practice with the Canterlot orchestra to play some games. But then he ran into her. Well, more she ran into him. She was in a hurry and plowed straight into Silver, knocking them both over.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," she said as she picked herself off of him. She was a light blue mare with a short blonde mane.

Silver Strings looked into her eyes while still sprawled on his back. "Oh, it's really no problem. You must be going somewhere important to have hit me so hard."

"Sorry, and I am. I have an audition for the lead role in an upcoming play."

Silver had always been kind without really trying, sometimes too much for his own good. "Let me escort you there to keep you company. I know where the audition building is and that's quite a while away." They began walking together.

"It's okay. You don't have to do this for me. I've already caused you enough trouble today with knocking you over like that."

"That's alright. I'm fine," he let out his wings and hovered above the ground for a few feet. "See? It's my pleasure to be with a cute mare such as yourself."

The mare blushed. "We'll I'm glad to be escorted by a handsome stallion such as yourself."

They walked on just enjoying their conversation until they arrived at the theater. "Well...ummm...thank you for bringing me here. I'm just on time. I really enjoyed your company...and, sorry for running into you when we met."

He smiled, "That's ok. I told you I'm fine."

The blue mare quickly kissed Silver on the cheek. "I'm still sorry. Hey, I gotta go, but maybe I'll see you around. Oh, I don't think I ever got your name. I'm Star Shimmer. And you?"

He smiled at the thought of meeting her again. "Silver Strings," he gave a dramatic bow.

Star giggled before finally deciding to go. "Well I really should get in there now. Hope to see you again, Silver."

"Yeah, see you around. Maybe we can try to not meet by crashing into each other next time."

She smiled and went inside.

Silver smiled as he flew all the way home unaware that he had just met the love of his life.

*** *** ***

The next day he was hanging out with one of his friends like usual, "Hey dude, where were you yesterday? I thought you were coming over to try out this new game."

"Well, its kinda a long story. I sorta met somepony."

"She better have been cute."

"I never said it was a mare."

"No, but why would you flake for some dude?"

"Fair enough. Yeah, I guess you could say she was cute."

"Dude, I can already see it. You're head over hooves for this pony."

"What are you talking about? We only met once. All I did was walk her to an audition."

"Aaaaaand?"

"What do you mean 'and'?"

"What? Did you not talk at all?"

"Oh, well she sorta crashed into me on her way and I decided to take her there. She seemed a little lost. And yeah, we talked."

"She better have been cute man."

"Well it's not like she was a mule."

He glared at Silver.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Forgot your cousin is a mule."

*** *** ***

Silver and Star did not meet again until some weeks later. He was going to visit a friends house when he saw her looking around and talking to other ponies, looking determined to find something, or somepony.

"Hey Star, whatcha doin' around here? I thought you said you lived in Ponyville. Remember me?" He said as he walked up to her.

"Yes I do, and of course I remember you. How could I forget the stallion that walked me to my audition? That's sorta what I'm here for. I wanted to thank you for taking me. You really calmed my nerves down and I got the part thanks to you." She blushed and poked at the ground with her front hooves.

"So is that all you're here for?"

"I guess so...I just really wanted to say thank you. So...I...I guess I'll just head home now. Thanks Silver." She lifted herself above the ground, her head hanging slightly.

Silver hooked one leg into Star's before she could go anywhere, "Hey wait, don't go yet... Would you like to umm..." He smiled, blushed, looked down, and poked at the ground. "Would you like to...ummm" He hesitated before continuing, "go on a date?" Silver hadn't hesitated because he didn't want to but because he was nervous to ask.

She smiled, a sincere and joyous, but subtle smile. "I was hoping you would ask that. That's really what I was here for to be honest. I just...I don't know...I haven't really been able to stop thinking about you and I wanted to know if there was a reason why."

"To be honest, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you either. The conductor yelled at me yesterday because I wasn't paying any attention."

"I'm sorry."

"Eh, it's not your fault. So where would you like to go?"

"I don't know. I don't live here. Plus, you're the one that offered," she teased.

"Well then, come with me." Silver Strings took Star to the cliché couple places; a simple place for lunch, the park, a calm flight through the clouds, and later she took him to a play and dinner.

They were almost done with the date and were just walking around now. "So how exactly did a pegasus-pony get into an orchestra?" She asked him as they walked around. "It's just that most musicians are earth-ponies or unicorn-ponies. It's a little hard to believe that you play violin."

"What? Do I not look fancy enough to play violin," he said jokingly, holding his head up high to look 'fancy'. "Well it's part of my name for one thing. I see what you mean though; my cutie mark doesn't really match. I technically have two talents. If you look closely, the buttons on my cutie mark are music notes and clefs."

"So what's your other talent?"

"Well it seems you can't tell just by looking at me. I'm extremely talented with technology. Give me some spare parts and I could have a brand new sound board for Vinyl Scratch in less than an hour."

"Wow. Wait, you know Vinyl?"

"What musician doesn't know about the best Dj in Equestria? I mean, I've never actually met her though."

"Well she does live in Ponyville. Maybe you could come visit me next time."

"I may just have to take you up on that offer. So you want me to take you home?"

"No, I'll be fine. I'm a grown up pony too you know." She smiled. "See you later Silver." She nuzzled Silver under his neck for a second and then took off on her way home.

"I'll give it a day or two. Then I have to go see her again," Silver said to himself as he watched her fly off.

*** *** ***

The next day Silver hung out with his friend again.

"Hey, I saw you with that cute pony yesterday. I can see why you like her," Mark said to him while they played video games.

"Hey now, I don't like her just because she looks cute. She's sweet, and smart, and fun to talk to. It's just a bonus that she's as cute as she is."

"Well, are you going to get serious?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, it just seems that you really like her. Are you gonna, you know, make it an official relationship?"

"I don't know to be honest. She lives so far away. It would be difficult."

"True, but you are both Pegasus-ponies. It's not like it would take that long to get to her. Where does she live anyway?"

"Ponyville."

"Oh, that is kinda far. Wait a minute. Doesn't Vinyl live in Ponyville?!"

"Yes."

"Dude, you gotta take me! Come on, make it official. I gotta meet Vinyl. Come on, it's a win win situation. Just think about it: I get to meet Vinyl and you get a cute marefriend. Nopony loses."

"Yeah, ok. I'm going in two days. You better not bother us."

"I won't, I won't. I'll be too busy fanboying over Vinyl." Mark said the last sentence under his breath, too quiet for Silver to hear.

*** *** ***

Those two days went by and the two friends took a train to get to Ponyville. Star Shimmer was waiting with Vinyl Scratch when they arrived.

"Hey, Silver. I hear you're a pretty big fan of mine." Vinyl's voice was so cool.

Silver's eyes grew wide. As did Mark's.

Star walked up to them. "Come on Silver. You can talk to Vinyl some other time. Let's go have some alone time."

Silver walked alongside Star as they walked away. "Alright. Only because I'm sure I'll be coming back for you."

"Coming back for me?"

"Well, yeah. You don't think this is the last time I'm gonna visit, do you?"

Star smiled, "so what to do this time? We could head on over to Sugarcube Corners for some treats; I know Pinkie Pie could give me a discount. Or maybe to the library. Something is always going on with Twilight over there."

"Eh, I'm not really a big fan of libraries. I love books but... It's just too quiet."

"Too quiet? From a couple days ago I would have thought that silence was bliss."

"It's not the same. Yeah, getting to my quiet home from the hustle and bustle of Canterlot is blissful but with libraries it almost feels like it's a crime to make a sound."

"Don't worry then; it's never quiet at this library. The six ponies that are always there are a bit crazy."

"And by that you mean?"

"If you meet Pinkie, you will know exactly what I mean."

"Ok then. Well, why don't we head over to Sugarcube Corners then? I've been feeling a bit snackish anyway."

The two of them headed over to Sugarcube Corners, walking close enough to occasionally bump into each other.

"Good evening partner," they heard a pony say as they walked in.

"Hi, Applejack. How's it goin'?"

"Pretty good myself, who's your friend o'er here? I don't believe I've ever met you."

"Oh, this is Silver Strings. He doesn't live in Ponyville. He's just visiting me."

"Looks to me like the two of you are datin'. Well I've never been one to intrude, so I'll jus' leave the two a' you alone. See ya later Sugarcube."

Star was blushing.

"Sugarcube?" Silver said.

"Oh don't worry 'bout that. She calls everypony Sugarcube. Hey Pinkie, can we get some cupcakes to go?" She asked a bubblegum pink pony behind a counter.

"Cupcakes? Sure thing!" Pinkie Pie chortled as she went into the back to bake some cupcakes.

"So that was Pinkie Pie? I thought you said she was crazy."

"Oh just wait 'till she realizes she doesn't know you."

Pinkie Pie came back a few minutes later with freshly baked cupcakes. "Here's the cupcakes.... Hey...wait a second." Pinkie analyzed Silver for a moment. "I don't believe I've ever seen you around Ponyville before."

"Oh, well, I'm just here visiting Star. I don't live nearby." Silver said, trying to avoid confrontation.

"Well, since you're not staying long we should throw you a party!" She shouted cheerfully. She began bouncing around the room muttering about party plans.

"Umm, that's alright Pinkie, we don't really have time for that right now," Star said quickly, starting to push Silver out the door.

Pinkie Pie stopped bouncing, "hmm, something seems fishy between you too, or maybe its not fishy. Maybe it's something...hmmm, wiggly nose..." Pinkie lit up like a Hearth's Warming Tree and squealed loudly with delight. "Star, meet me at the library around eight." She squealed again and then hopped off towards the library.

"I see what you mean by crazy. What was that bit with her nose though?" Silver asked, at a loss for anything else to say.

"She has a Pinkie sense. Don't worry about it though."

"Well what's wiggly nose then?"

"Well, it's either somepony nearby is in love or somepony is hiding something. Don't worry about it though. I could be wrong. Just wait for her to break physics; then you'll really think she's crazy." Star laughed.

"Wait, what?"

"Just wait."

"Anyway...where to now?"

"Well we're going to the library later, so..."

"But I just said I don't like libraries."

"Pinkie has a party planned. You're gonna want to go to the library."

"Alright, so what do we do until then?"

"Whatever you want," she leaned against him and nuzzled his neck.

"Hmmm, are there any public events going on?"

"Not at the moment but there is an orchestra playing next week."

"Well then I'll see you again next week," he smiled. "Anypony we can hang out with?"

"Not that I can think of. Everyone is probably getting the party ready."

"How? She just started planning it like three minutes ago."

"It's Pinkie; don't question it. We could go to the park for a while and just enjoy the day. We still barely know each other."

"Yeah. That's not a bad idea. If I'm going to be with somepony, it's probably a good idea to get to know them. Lead me there."

They went to the park and just began talking to each other. In just a few hours they knew more about each other than they knew about their best friends.

The two ponies looked into each others eyes, "Silver, have you thought about how crazy this is?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just think about it; we've only met three times and we know this much about each other. And I tend to get to know somepony for a
while before I decide to date them."

"Yeah, I never thought I would fall for somepony who I met because they literally fell on me."

She blushed, "I was in a rush."

"I know, and I'm glad you were. We wouldn't even be talking right now if it weren't for that. I would just be spending my days hanging out with Mark."

"What's the story with him anyway?"

"He's the black sheep in his family. His name is Marksmith; his family is a long line of smiths. His father is a locksmith and his grandfather is a steel smith. Mark makes games."

"Huh, odd. So if you weren't a musician you would be making the consoles and he would make the games?"

Silver laughed a little, "yeah I guess so, but probably the other way around. I'm better with tech and he's better with building. Sometimes I'm just not sure if I made the right choice when I chose music over games though. Both are high-paying and I really enjoy doing both, but, there's so much competition in music. I've never been a competitive pony unless I'm playing a game."

"Well I think you made the right choice, Silver. Think about it, we could work together; plays use orchestras. And it makes you much more appealing. Oh, and mares love a stallion who can sing."

"But I never said I could sing."

"I can just tell."

Silver gave her a skeptical look.

"Don't question it. I just know."

"So, I think it's almost time to go to the library. Should I be worried in any way?"

"I don't think so. I mean she's crazy but she's not dangerous. The worst you'll go through is some harmless pranks."

Thats not good either, Silver thought to himself, I hate being noticed.

"C'mon, Silver." Star nuzzled under his neck and he dreamily followed after her.

*** *** ***

They got to the library which was a mess with party supplies; streamers and balloons everywhere. "How in Equestria did she get this set up so fast? Does she have some kind of party cannon?"

Star didn't answer, but laughed and walked in.

"Hi there," Pinkie's high voice greeted them as they walked through the doors. "Since you're not staying long, you should get to meet as many ponies as you can. Like, this is Rarity," she dragged a white mare to Silver who introduced herself very politely. "And this is Fluttershy."

Fluttershy shyly said hi and hid behind her pink mane.

"And this is Applejack, oh wait. You already met Applejack." Pinkie laughed hysterically at her realization.

Silver smiled awkwardly and started to walk away backwards towards the back of the library.

"Silver what's wrong?" Star asked softly.

"It's nothing. I just...don't like being the center of attention."

"Oh, nonsense. You were perfectly fine being my center of attention at the park." She tried to make him feel more confident.

"That's different. That's alone, one on one, with you. I'm bad with crowds." He looked around nervously.

"Ok. Let me talk to Pinkie and see what she can do. Can we also talk a bit more later before you go?"

Star went to talk to Pinkie. Silver waited awkwardly at the back of the library and eventually started looking for a book to read. He found a copy of Daring Do and began reading.

"Daring Do, huh," Silver heard a mare's scratchy voice say. "What's the name kid? Anypony wanting to read this is already my friend."

Silver didn't bother to look up, "name's Silver Strings. And don't call me kid," he looked up. "We look almost the same age anyway. Wait...is that you Rainbow Dash?"

"Yeah, how do you know me? I don't recognize you."

"Well, we've never met. I went to the Cloudsdale flight camp when I was younger. I remember when you made that sonic rainboom! I'm a year younger than you so we never would have met but I guess technically you are able to call me kid."

Star began walking back.

"Hey Star, look who's here," Silver said excitedly.

"Yeah, I know. She lives here in Ponyville." Star said as she walked up.

"How many famous ponies live here!?"

Well, there's Vinyl, Rainbow Dash, Princess Twilight. Only three that I can think of off the top of my head." Rainbowdash walked
away while they were talking.

"Hmm, less than I expected actually..."

"Come on Silver. I asked Pinkie to be a little less...Pinkie...for you. Lets go have a little fun." Silver put away his book and followed
Star to dance.

Silver was actually able to enjoy himself once he wasn't having other ponies shoved in his face to meet.

*** *** ***

They had left the party and were now in front of Star's front door. The pair stopped in front of her door to talk for a while. "So what
was it you said you wanted to talk about Star?"

"Well, first I wanted to ask if this...us...if it's going to happen."

Silver smiled, "of course it is."

Star blushed.

"So is that all?"

She didn't answer, but instead smiled and looked away teasingly.

"What?"

"There's a certain question I'm waiting for."

Silver smiled and laughed to himself, "Star Shimmer, will you be my special somepony?"

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Answer your question?"

Silver wasn't able to respond. All he did was blush furiously and smile.

"The last thing I was wanting to know was, how are you bad in crowds?"

"Well, believe it or not I'm actually very shy."

"You? No. I don't believe you. You had no problem talking to me the first time we met."

"I knew you'd say that. There's certain times when I'm not at all shy. Like when I'm performing for a crowd."

"That's such a backwards sentence. You're shy and bad with crowds but you can perform with perfect confidence in front of one?"

"Yeah, I know. It's weird. I don't get it either. Being on stage gives me such a rush. I don't understand it but everything that I worry
about just washes away while I perform and there's nothing but me and the music."

"That's so cool. I kinda wish I was that way. I'm an actress but I worry so much about messing up on stage."

"I'll be there for you next time. Maybe I can help you calm down like your audition."

"Yeah, maybe."

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go. I'll see you soon Star."

She nuzzled under his neck and he kissed her quickly on the cheek and then flew off. Silver looked back one last time to wave
goodbye before he left.



Disclaimer: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and all characters directly from the show belong to Hasbro. I do not own any rights to anything that isn't an original character.

Author's Note:

This is still somewhat a work in progress so any and all feedback in the comments is appreciated. If you have any comments you don't wish to have public, message me at bronysilverstrings@gmail.com. If you wish to be an editor, contact me at the same location. Big thanks to my current editors flux, cayden, kenny, and of course my girlfriend who made this story even possible.