• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 1,057 Views, 4 Comments

Of Biceps and Butterflies - SolidStone



A short romance about two akward and unlikely ponies. One is a buff workout fanatic; the other is a shy, quiet pony who loves animals. What wil happen when their friends play matchmaker?

  • ...
5
 4
 1,057

On Top of Spaghetti

Bulk began bucking and jumping like a rodeo bull as the other ponies at the competition began noticing and giggling at the sight of the overly masculine hulk freaking out over the smallest of things. Applejack noticed the bucking bronco has her inner cowboy instincts kick in as she ran at full speed towards Bulk. With a mighty leap to the air she lands squarely on his back and kicks his side.

"YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW UP AND AT IM YA BIG VARMINT!"

"EEEEEEEK! A VARMINT WHERE?"

Bulk intensified his bucking and broncoing as more and more ponies gather round to laugh at the sight. Fluttershy easily in what can be called a sort of heavenish hell began whimpering into Bulks chest.

" Please stop...."

Bulk looked down between his pectorals and noticed Fluttershy. He came to a comical mid air stop and gently fell back to the ground. Applejack jumped off and gave him a smack on the flank.

"YEEHAW! That was some real good bucking there pardner! Y'all should head on down to Sweet Apple Acres for some more practice if ya know what I mean."

She gaves him a wink and walked off. Everyone in the crowd does an audience oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh as Bulk clopped his two hooves together, blushing with embaressment again.

Fluttershy pulled her face from Bulks chest and looked up to him with googly eyes, still dizzy from the relucant rodeo ride she had participated in.

"So umm.... Bulk I was wondering...."

"YES FLUTTERSHY I ALSO WONDER TOO, LIKE HOW BUMBLEBEES CAN FLY WHEN THEIR BODY WEIGHT IS DISPROPORTIONATE TO THE SPAN OF THEIR WING LENGTH, OR HOW THE MORNING DEW GLISTENS WITH EACH AND EVERY SUNRISE OR WHEN..."

Fluttershy put her hoof on his lips. Bulk blushed again.

"Bulk, I was wondering if it wasn't too much trouble if maybe me and you could may-"

Bulk began smiling and flapping his tiny colt wings in excitement.

"Maybe we can...."

Fluttershy noticed the entire crowd of ponies around her all giggling and laughing at Bulk. Her knees began to jiggle as her stomach turned into lead. Her eyes shrunk in anxiety as sweat began torrenting off her forehead.

" I..I.....wondering...maybe...."

"WHAT'S WRONG FLUTTERSHY? MAYBE WE SHOULD GO SOMEWHERE MORE PRIVATE WITH LESS PONIES AROUND?"

Fluttershy had a fake smile as her eyes darted back and forth as she whispered through her teeth.

"Y-y-yes..."

Bulk then picked up Fluttershy and then they flew off to the top of Rainbow Falls for a little bit of privacy. As Fluttershy looked down at the crowd of ponies. which became smaller and smaller as did the weight in her stomach. She nustled her head into Bulks chest again.

"ARE YOU AFRAID FLUTTERSHY? I CAN FLY SLOWER IF YOU WOULD LIKE!"

"No its okay Bulk. I just wanted to say I really like you."

" I REALLY LIKE YOU TOO, MORE THAN I LIKE PICKING THINGS UP AND PUTTING THEM BACK DOWN."

Fluttershy giggled as they arrived at the crest of the rainbow waterfall.

"SO YOU WANTED TO ASK ME SOMETHING?"

" Yes, Bulk Id like to know if you would like to join me this weekend for some butterfly watching"

" YES, I WOULD LIKE THAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN ME IN PICKING UP A LARGE ROCK AND THEN PUTTING IT DOWN?"

" Yes,I would like that very much."

Fluttershy nudged closer to Bulk and they looked over the horizon to a new romance.

THE END.