• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 2,593 Views, 15 Comments

Violet Reflections - Derpator



A series of Twilight x Pinkie minifics, using episodes as prompts.

  • ...
8
 15
 2,593

Friendship Is Magic

“It sure is nice of Princess Celestia to let us have copies of the royal mirrors,” Spike exclaimed as he and the alicorn wandered through their newly refurbished hall, checking out the fabulously made mirrors of recognition. The hall, which Twilight hadn’t fully adjusted to yet, was quite grand, a joyful spectacle, especially when there were huge mirrors placed on either side.

“Hmm,” Twilight thought, raising a hoof to her chin, “They’ve only been put in today. I guess it’ll take some time getting used to.” She gave the mirrors an edgy look.

“Yeah,” Spike agreed, turning to face Twilight, “But think about it. Now you can see all of your triumphs anytime you want! No more going to Canterlot.” He looked up at the mirror they were currently standing in front of; a giant pane of glass with a figure of Discord. “Well, almost every triumph,” he muttered under his own breath.

“Yeah...” Twilight reluctantly agreed, “This one seems a bit... off. It was based off his ruling before Princess Celestia and Luna stood up to him. I wouldn’t say I’m proud of this one, but it’s a memory nonetheless. An important part of Equestrian history. A monument. A sign of décor. A symbol.”

“Okay, okay... geez. There’s no need to hammer it in. It’ll stay, enough said.”

“I wonder what the girls will think of this new change,” Twilight wondered out loud, ignoring Spike’s small outburst. “I told Pinkie Pie about it. She said she’ll be around today to check them out.” Her grin grew a tiny bit. “I can’t wait for her to get here.”

Spike backed away a little, almost as if he was afraid of the pink mare emerging out of thin air. “Hold on. If you two are going to go all mushy when she gets here, then count me out!”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Oh grow up Spike.” She quickly grinned, realising something she could use to her advantage. “Besides, don’t you want to do similar things with Rarity?”

Spike’s eyes widened, a blush quickly forming on him. “Uh...” he stammered, not coming up with anything. No arguments whatsoever.

Twilight chuckled, knowing she was right once again. “Why don’t you go on over and tell her about these anyway? I’m sure she’ll be happy to know of this new change. We all have a small input here now after all.”

Spike perked up at the very idea of speaking with Rarity. He made a salute motion. “Aye aye!” In a flash, he was off to head towards the Boutique, where no doubt Rarity would be, likely awaiting the very presence of a handsome dragon.

Twilight sighed as the dragon left her field of vision, turning back up to the glass. The figure of Discord looked a bit scary, even though he was a close friend. It was made for when he ruled though, so the designers likely made it that way deliberately. How Celestia put up with the horrifying image was something she couldn’t understand though. After a while of pondering, she simply shrugged it off.

She whistled as she continued her gentle walk the hallway, checking out, like Spike had said, many triumphs, as well as downsides to Equestria’s history. She stopped in front of a particular mirror. The one that referenced King Sombra’s ruling, it made her shudder just thinking about it, the evil eyes especially sticking out. But to have it as a lingering memory in her home for an inexplicable amount of time, always being reminded of it whenever her eyes set on it.

Well, it made her slightly nervous.

“Twilight!” a cheery voice called out during her concentration, heard from all away across the entire castle.

Twilight turned her head towards the direction of the voice, smiling, knowing just who it was. The increasing sounds of rapid clip clops told her Pinkie Pie was right nearby. “In here Pinkie!” she called back, to give the pink pony her precise location.

Within the span of a few seconds, the door to the hallway swung open widely, revealing the most beautiful mare Twilight had ever seen. The puffy mane, the sparkling blue eyes. The pinkness.

Pinkie Pie had arrived.

The party pony laid her eyes on her marefriend after quickly scouting the room, her grin enlarging by a value likely tenfold, before she charged right at the alicorn with all her might. She tackled Twilight to the ground, before promptly peppering her with small, rapid fire kisses.

Twilight giggled involuntarily as Pinkie Pie blew a deep playful raspberry on her neck, knowing exactly what made her tick. Expertly crafting her hooves, she pulled the pink mass away from her, gazing into her eyes. “Hey Pinkie,” she greeted the pink mare softly, already a seductive tone just from seeing her.

Pinkie Pie didn’t waste any time in lowering her lips to Twilight’s, sending the two of them in yet another plane of bliss from their usual routine. Spending no less than ten seconds in an interlocked kiss, she broke away. “Hey Twilight,” she finally said with glee, even though she was late to the conversation.

Twilight felt heat rise in her cheeks with her marefriend positioned on top of her. She continued to look up at Pinkie Pie, before her eyes trailed off to her side, where the mirror of King Sombra stood, the image looking like the ex-king himself was watching them both without remorse. She would much rather make out with Pinkie Pie than stare at Sombra any day, but Pinkie Pie had come around for a reason, not to mention the very thought of Sombra staring at them both was creepy. She cleared her throat, prompting the pink pony to climb off her. “It’s good to see you too,” she heartedly replied, rising up on her legs.

“Sooo,” Pinkie Pie began, already excited for what Twilight had in store for her, “What exactly are you showing me?” She looked left and right, before leaning in to Twilght’s ear, ready to whisper.

Twilight blushed just from the idea alone of what Pinkie Pie whispered to her, strictly remembering events to exactly three nights prior perfectly, but a little too exact. She rubbed the back of her head nervously, Pinkie Pie also having resorted to a blush. “No... it’s not that.” She pointed towards the King Sombra mirror. “It’s this.”

Pinkie Pie looked up at the horrifying mirror image, before screaming, pointing her accusing hoof at the motionless picture. “Ah! Sombra’s in our castle!” She immediately ran up to the mirror, ready to smash it with her hoof.

“Pinkie wait!” Twilight yelled in no time, the message thankfully getting across before her precious mirror got shattered into fragments. She took a breath at the close call. “No, Princess Celestia has been kind enough to let this castle have the same monuments as the Canterlot castle.”

Pinkie Pie tilted her head, still a bit confused, whilst also antsy about King Sombra.

“See?” Twilight asked, pointing to the next window in the hallway. Pinkie Pie joined to her side to gaze up at the spectacle.

“Whoa...” Pinkie Pie unconsciously said out, looking up at a mirror that showed Princess Celestia and Luna at the founding of Equestria.

“You see?” Twilight asked, turning to face Pinkie Pie, “They’re memories. They can remain here to remind us of the good times.” She quickly got the image of evil Discord again in her mind. “As well as the bad...” she mumbled, not keen on hiding it.

Pinkie Pie checked out the variety of memories, some of which the events represented she was personally involved in. She awed at some of the decorations, not really having an extended period of time to check them out in detail before. Whenever she, or even the group of friends for that matter, went to meet Princess Celestia in Canterlot, Equestria usually hung in the balance, not really giving a long time to gaze at the history.

She got attached to a certain mirror, heading over in front of it to stare up at the memory. Twilight joined to her side in curiosity, to see which one grabbed most of her attention. When she followed up with her eyes, she was caught by the specific treasured memory as well.

It was her, along with her five friends, all coming together, first forming the Elements of Harmony. It was when her life changed for the better, getting a group of friends she loved dearly. If that day didn’t happen, she might have just been stuck up in Canterlot, continuing to study magic by her lonesome.

She wrapped her hoof around Pinkie Pie, the party pony easily succumbing to the embrace, leaning on Twilight’s neck. “This might just be one of my most treasured memories,” Twilight said, speaking her mind, still looking up at the glass panel.

“Yeah?” Pinkie Pie replied, still gazing up at the window.

“Although I wasn’t the easiest pony to deal with...” She heard Pinkie Pie giggle at her tormented behaviour when first visiting Ponyville, “It was the day I met you. I met all of you.”

“I was the first pony to see you in town too!” Pinkie added.

Twilight leaned her head over so it became buried in the puffy pink mane. “Yeah... it wasn’t really the best introduction though. I mean, you just jumped into the air and ran away!”

“Well yeah,” Pinkie Pie defended, “Because I could tell you were special, so I just had to go and throw you the bestest super-duperific party ever!”

Twilight smiled. “I’m still grateful for that by the way... even if my attitude at the time wasn’t... ideal.”

Pinkie Pie giggled again. “I could tell. You were being such a grumpy-pants not taking part, locking yourself in your room, all because you were so lonely and that you didn’t have any friends. And then Black Snooty had to come along and ruin everything!”

Twilight frowned. “I think you mean Nightmare Moon.”

“Yeah. But we showed her!”

Twilight broke from the small hug, inching closer towards the mirror. “That’s right. We were destined and followed through to become the Elements of Harmony that day.” She turned around to face Pinkie Pie. “That’s a day I won’t ever forget.”

“Really?” Pinkie Pie asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Mhmm,” Twilight answered, nodding her head, before closing the gap between them, lifting a hoof onto Pinkie’s shoulder. “It’s the day I found my friends. And if that didn’t happen, I wouldn’t be standing here with you now.”

Pinkie Pie felt flushed as Twilight began to lean in. She mimicked the same action in return, leaning forward and putting the two of them in a binding kiss.

“See? Told you,” a voice said from the silence during their connected lip play, unsure of how exactly it was they were locked together. The pair broke the kiss to follow the direction of the voice, only to spot Spike alongside with Rarity a bit behind. He had his arms folded, likely from seeing yet another public display of infatuation, a deep frown, while Rarity presented her warm smile.

“Hey Rarity!” Pinkie Pie greeted.

“Good afternoon,” she gracefully replied, trotting her way over towards the pair, Spike following with a grump. “Little Spike here told me you had something to show me.” She fluttered her eyelashes, before realising something. “That is, if you two didn’t want a moment.”

Twilight and Pinkie Pie looked at each other, blushes present on the both of them. “Spike,” Twilight finally said after an embarrassing display, “Would you mind rounding up the rest of the girls?”

Spike stood still for a moment, the request going and registering into his brain. Moving without a word, he grumbled something under his tongue, nonsensical jabber to the three mares, slouching his way out of the hallway. “Here we are,” Twilight said, pointing towards one of the mirrors, Rarity following the direction of the hoof.

“Sweet Celestia...” Rarity said, surprised at the marvellous pane of glass in front of her, her jaw dropping.

“Nice huh?” Twilight asked Rarity, a smug grin upon her.

“Nice? This is spectacular!” The white unicorn looked all around her, gaping at each of the mirrors, walking down the hallway with each panel getting better than the last. “Truly appreciative art here. It looks amazing!”

Pinkie Pie leaned next to Twilight’s ear, lowering her volume while holding a hoof to block possible audio reaching Rarity. “Don’t let her see the Sombra one.”