• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 1,378 Views, 18 Comments

The True Power of Friendship and Love - LittleSister



Sometimes it only takes friendship and love to save one ponies life.

  • ...
 18
 1,378

How can you fix what's already broken?

How can you fix what’s already broken?

Caramel looked at Applejack with eyes filled with passion. Eyes that pleaded her to let him help. He couldn’t stand to see her this way. He couldn’t stand to let her think so low of herself.

‘Why couldn’t she see how beautiful she truly was.’ He thought to himself. ‘She may have messed up. Yet no one is perfect, so why was she trying to be?’
She didn’t want him to help her. He got so filled with an intense firing rage that he couldn’t control himself, he yelled out to her.

“I WONT let you push me away. God Damn It! You need someone to help you. And I don’t care if you don’t want it to be me. Whether you like it or not. I WILL help you!”
When those words came out he started to break down himself. He hated her this way. He felt almost as if it was his fault, yet he knew very well that her past had nothing to do with her. They had only met a few weeks before. Yet only just meeting didn’t change the fact, he cared intensely about her. More intense than any other pony he has ever met. It almost seemed to scare him.

“You… you don’t understand Caramel.” She explained to him, “I want your help, I want to get out of this. I don’t want all this pain I'm feeling. I want to…. I just want to…. I want to be happy. But I’m afraid if you try to help me, then you’ll just end up being dragged down with me. There’s no way I want that for you. I couldn’t live with myself if I hurt you Caramel. I just couldn’t, and I don’t want to subject you to a suicide mission.”

He could see the tears fill her eyes. And it killed him. He just sat there staring into her eyes. It seemed like hours, yet he knew it was only a few seconds. He searched deep inside, just to find the right words. The words that would make her believe that there wasn’t a single thing she could say or do that would make him leave her. That would hurt him. He just wanted her happy. He didn’t care if he died in that process. He was willing to do quite literally anything, and everything for her. Just to see her beautiful smile. For when she smiled there was nothing brighter. He could swear he whole face lit up. And the first time he saw her smile, was when he realized how he felt, and that he was willing to do anything for her. IF she let him.

“Apple, I don’t care if you hurt me. I just want to see you smile. I’m willing to go on a suicide mission. IF it means I get to see you smile. Please will you please just let me help you? You’ll be hurting me if you walk away now. I couldn’t stand to let you leave, and have myself know I couldn’t help you in any way. If you don’t let me try to save you, then you’ll be hurting me. I want to see your beautiful smile. I want to see your eyes gleam from happiness. Not from tears. I want to help. And if you don’t let me.. and…. And something happens…….. Well I don’t think I could ever forgive myself.”
And with those words as they came flooding out he broke down himself. He began to cry.

‘I really could never forgive myself if something happened to her, and I didn’t try to save her’ He thought to himself. He knew she was on the edge. Yet he had only just said he wanted to help her. He could see it from the day he met her. It was in her eyes. Even Vinyl had noticed. He had originally asked her about Apple. Vinyl knew things were wrong, yet Apple had always refused to open up to her. Maybe just maybe there was something the two of them could do to help her. Even if it was just being friends to her.

‘Maybe I could be something more than just her friend.’ Caramel thought. Though he knew she may never let that happen. She may never let him get that close. Yet he had to try. He’d be damned if he didn’t.

“Caramel,” she whispered softly, “Please don’t cry. I don’t want to see you hurting. Not because of me.”

“Do you realize how I'm feeling now? I can’t stand to see you hurting every day. I’ll be damned if I let you hurt anymore.”
There was so much passion behind his voice. He could see how it took her back. She was surprised.

‘But surprised of what?’ He wondered, ‘Surprised someone truly cared enough to risk themselves for her? Could that be it? It had to be.’
He saw a look of fault on her face. A look of almost acceptance. Was she going to let him in? He didn’t know. He could only hope that she would. He could only hope the fact that she would realize he truly cared. He really did. Maybe more than any other pony. The only one that may match up would be Vinyl. Vinyl was her best friend, and like her sister, even though they did have their moments. Yet I guess you would have to expect that to happen. Applejack couldn’t really ever get along with the other females. She had to work as hard as possible to get along with, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. She and Twilight Sparkle were no longer aloud in the same room. They tried to rip each other’s manes off last time. Applejack was a special one. He knew she was best friends with Vinyl. And he also knew that Vinyl could get to her better than he could. Maybe he could even convince Vinyl to set them up. He had a plan, and he was about to set it in action, as soon as he left here he would go have a conversation with Vinyl. He knew he needed to talk to her. Yet he couldn’t just leave Applejack here. So that would have to wait. He would stick by her until she was at least a little bit ok. He looked over at Applejack and noticed she was looking into the sky. He waited there just watching her until she opened her mouth to say something.

“I… I…. I need to go home Caramel. I can’t do this right now, and it’s getting late. Big Mac will be wondering where I am.” She stood up slowly, as though if she had done it any fast she would have fallen. He noticed she didn’t look quite so steady on her feet. He slowly stood and went to stand by her side. As to make sure she didn’t fall.

“I’ll walk with you until we reach the fields. I want to make sure you’re ok, and I truthfully have no idea how to get out of here.” He chuckled a little, and noticed she smiled a bit.

“I guess that’s one thing I can’t tell you no to. So let’s go.” She picked her head up, almost as to show that she was fine. And started to walk. He noticed the smile on her face, yet her eye’s told a different story. She was still really hurting and he was determined to help her. He wanted her happiness to shine inside and out, not just be plastered onto her face, like some mask.

They began to walk, and it was quiet most of the way. He realized the apple fields weren’t to far from where they were. It almost shocked him. He still didn’t know how she found that place, or even why she had gone there.

‘I have to ask her about that. Although it may be personal and I think I’ve done enough so far today. Those questions will have to wait, *sigh* I wish she would just let me help. I can’t stand to see her this way. I don’t want it. I truly do need to do something, yet I don’t know what, or who to turn to. I guess for now Vinyl’s my only option. I’ll have to use that to my advantage.’

He looked up ahead and saw the fields. So he stopped. Applejack stopped almost as soon as he did. Maybe one or two hooves ahead of him. She had a look on her face, like she was almost as deep in thought as him. It scared him.

“I’ll let you go from here.”

“Alright, I guess I’ll see you around or something.”

“Yea you will,” he turned to go leave, “And Applejack?”

“Yea, Caramel?” she looked almost shocked. He almost never used her full name. Not even when they first met.

“Promise me something? Please?”

“Depends on what it is. I won’t ever make a promise I can’t or won’t keep.”

“Just promise me, that at least tonight you won’t do anything stupid? Promise me that I can wake up tomorrow and come here, and you’ll be the one to answer the door? Please just promise me that much? At least for tonight?” he exclaimed, as tears seemed to fill his eyes, and he looked her dead in the eyes. Almost seeming to send her a message with his mind. He wanted her to know how upset he was. Not for guilt, but so she understood that he would be hurt if she did anything stupid.

“I can promise you that. For tonight.”
An eerie sense seemed to hang in the air after she finished her sentence. It was a promise yet also a threat. He knew she would give up soon, but he wasn’t going to let it be tonight.

“I can’t ask for much more I guess. I do have to go. So goodnight Apple,” he gave her a look filled with sorrow and compassion. A look filled with love, and a hint of pain. Pain for her.

“Goodnight Caramel.” She turned her head, breaking his intense gaze and started to walk away. She looked back several times and he just keeps standing there. Making sure she got inside safely. Hoping she kept her promise, he would stop by tomorrow to make sure.

‘As soon as she’s inside I’ll head over to Vinyl’s. Hopefully she’ll be able to help me. I need to save Apple. I can’t stand to see her hurting like this, and I'm afraid she’s going to do something stupid.’
Applejack was finally at her door, she took another look behind her and even from the distance, and Caramel could see the pain in her eyes. Almost feel the pain she had hidden deep inside. She walked inside and Caramel turned around to run. He needed to get to Vinyl’s as quick as he possibly could. There wasn’t any time he needed to waste, and he really hoped she was still awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He got to Vinyl’s completely out of breathe. He almost crashed into the door that’s how fast he was going. He knocked as hard as he could. Almost in panic you could say.

“VINYL, OPEN UP!” He yelled through the door. He could almost feel the fear in his voice. He could hear it that was for sure.

A few seconds past, yet those few seconds that passed, seemed to drag on forever. Finally he heard a click of the door. And it slightly opened.

“Ohh, Caramel. What are you doing here? It’s late don’t you realize that? You’re welcomed in yet it’s truly a mess.”

“I need to talk to you. I'm freaking out, and I need your help. It’s about Applejack.” He peered into the door to look at her. He knew he had a complete look of despair on and that’s exactly what he needed. He could only hope Vinyl would help him.

“Well come in and tell me what’s wrong.” She almost seemed to have a look of hurt about her face. Yet he would question that later on.

She opened the door, and he stepped in. Almost tripping over some wire he managed to find some hay to sit on.

“So what’s going on?” She asked, concern seeming to fill her voice.

“I think Apple needs help. I think we may need to try and save her from herself. I need you to help. I could never manage it alone. I like her, and I told her that today. But she told me it was suicide to try and save her. Yet I’m willing to take that risk. I need to. I could never forgive myself if anything happened to her. Please Vinyl will you help?” His voice almost had a pleading in it. I guess you can say he was maybe even begging for her help right now.
Vinyl seemed to have an almost shocked look on her face. Maybe even a hint of jealously. Yet Caramel was too wrapped up in his own mind, that he didn’t seem to notice, or care.

“I……. I... uhm… I really don’t know Caramel. I don’t know how I could help.” She explained, a hint of sadness tasting at her words.

“Please Vinyl?” Now he truly was begging.

“I guess, I guess I can try. Although I don’t know how on earth I can help. You know she won’t open up to me.”
‘She’s right’ he thought to himself. He truly didn’t know what he was going to do now. He didn’t understand how he could help. Yet he knew he had to try. Nothing else mattered right now. Nothing else mattered but keeping Applejack safe and sound.

~AUTHOR NOTE~

Hey guys!
This chapter is from Caramels point of view. Im working on changing things up a little bit. Next one may be from Vinyls. Give me feedback on what you think of the story! Thanks :)