• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 497 Views, 8 Comments

New changes - staryoshi06



There are some new changes happening in Equestria, and a lot of them are awfully familiar.

  • ...
16
 8
 497

1 The package

Twilight, Spike and the rest of the Mane 6 were sitting in the crystal castle. There was a knock on the door.

'Spike, could you get that please?' asked Twilight.

'Sure thing,' Spike replied.

Spike ran out into the hallway. Twilight turned back to the rest of the Mane 6.

'I wonder who that is,' remarked Rarity.

'Maybe it's Princess Celestia,' whispered Fluttershy, 'Oh, I hope there isn't anything wrong.'

'Don't worry, I'm sure everything is fine,' Twilight replied.

'Twilight, could you come here!' yelled Spike.

'Coming Spike!' Twilight yelled back.

***

Twilight arrived at the front door. 'What is it?'

'Uhh, somepony's here to see you,' Spike replied.

Twilight turned and looked at the front door. Derpy Hooves was standing there.

'Delivery for Princess Twilight!' announced Derpy.

'Ooh, that's me,' replied Twilight. She grabbed the package. 'Thank you Derpy. Here, have this.' Twilight tossed Derpy a muffin from a small tray she had left on a nearby table.

'Thank you,' replied Derpy, her voice slightly muffled by the muffin. She smiled at Twilight. 'Have a nice day.'

'You too.' Twilight smiled back.

Derpy flew away. Twilight closed the door and brought the package back to the room with the rest of the Mane 6.

'I wonder what it is,' remarked Applejack.

'Maybe the Wonderbolts have realised my awesomeness and want me to be one of their new captains!' Rainbow Dash exclaimed excitedly.

'Or maybe it's some new materials for my dresses!' Rarity replied.

'Now, now, calm down everypony, let's read what the letter says first. Ahem, Spike!' Twilight called her faithful companion.

Spike came running back. 'Yes Twilight, what do you need?'

Twilight handed him the scroll. 'Read this out, please.'

'Sure thing Twilight!' Spike replied. 'Ahem.' Spike cleared his throat and began reading.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,
A new invention has came to Equestria, so i have decided to send you it, to see what you think. This invention is called a television. This device somehow allows you to view events that have been recorded by a special type of camera. This camera is special in the way that it can take 'moving pictures'. The most amazing thing about it is that it is not run by magic at all (other than charging it up)! Isn't that unbelievable! Sorry, I got a bit excited there. This innovation could change Equestria itself. Imagine the possibilities. Anyway, i hope you and your friends enjoy this invention.
Yours sincerely,
Princess Celestia

***

'Woah, that is amazing!' yelled Pinkie, who surprisingly hadn't been talking much. 'It sounds like so much fun!'

'That can't be darn' possible!' Applejack exclaimed. 'There ain't no darn' way that can be done without magic!'

'OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH!' Rainbow Dash shouted. 'Maybe they can show the Wonderbolts!'

'Calm down girls,' said Twilight. 'There is no way this is going to work if you are all going crazy on it.'

'Hey, there's a boy here too,' Spike complained.

Applejack folded her forelegs. 'I still do not understand how ya' all can believe this.'

Twilight opened the package. Inside was a box shaped device with some strange antennae-like protrusions made of metal and a glass sort-of window on one side. There was also a little booklet labeled: 'Television instruction manual'. Twilight opened the manual. 'Ok, so it appears we have to charge up the "television" through the back.' Twilight used the spell written in the book to charge the television up. 'Next, we just press the button.' Twilight pressed the button on the front. Suddenly, the window jumped to life, currently showing a race being held somewhere in Fillydelphia. The Mane 6 couldn't do anything but be dumbfounded at how amazing this was.

After a short while, everypony started murmuring amongst each other. Twilight kept reading the manual. 'Ok, so apparently the buttons with the arrows on the front is used to change "channels" which show different things.' Twilight pressed the buttons and they were dumbfounded again as the window started showing different places in Equestria. They stopped on a show about the Wonderbolts, which Rainbow Dash was really excited about. They watched it for a while then continued the meeting that had been cut short by the delivery.

Meanwhile, on Earth...

Around the world, there have been some mysterious disappearances. People have disappeared during the night. Detectives have noticed that in every disappearance there have been mysterious hoof shaped footprints outside each house that lead on for a while then mysteriously come to an end. Some detectives reported that while following the footprints, they believed to see something that looks almost cartoonish ahead of them, but when they blinked, it disappeared.

Author's Note:

So, what do you think? Feel free to criticise.