• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 1,155 Views, 11 Comments

The Missing Half - VinylDashxD



Vinyl has it all, But something's still missing

  • ...
3
 11
 1,155

A State of Trance

A State of Trance

Waves of harmonic bass shifted through Vinyl's core, locking her in a state of trance.

Her eyes were closed, but the young producer's ears were hard at work.

Vinyl's hands tweaked knobs on the mixing console as she progressed through the track.

The towering monitors knocked Vinyl's hair back with a flow every time a new chord was produced, leaving it a stylish mess.

This was why she did it. This is what she loved.

Work on the track continued until a barrier was reached.

The quality was there, but a hook was required to breath life into the track. It needed something that would set it apart from all the other electronic songs.

Vinyl scrolled through bank upon bank of sound samples, desperately looking for something that could fill the emptiness of the track.

"Come.. on..." Vinyl moaned, resting her head on crossed arms readily admitting defeat.

It was never this hard for the DJ to think of a clever answer to her production problems. However, battling the writers block that clouded her mind proved pointless, and she soon accepted the inevitable.

"I need to sleep on it.. Or, something."

A cell phone buzzed at the end of the production desk, alerting Vinyl that she would have to leave for Platt's soon.

"Ughhh..."

The DJ flung the phone into a bean bag across the room in disgust.

Enduring two hours of pure boredom was not high on her list of evening activities. But Neon had gone far out of his way plenty of times for her, and it was high time she returned the favor.

After spinning around a couple times in her office chair, Vinyl grabbed her gear pack and started stuffing it with things she might need. A variety of cords and adapters, a couple microphones, her laptop and a miniature two-input mixer, for the sake of mobility.

She was certain Platt's would have everything she needed and more, but as she liked to put it, luck favors the prepared.

Checking her phone, Vinyl noticed that she had spent way too much time packing, giving her a mere twenty five minutes to make the thirty minute drive.

"Shit, shit, shit" Vinyl mumbled, while fumbling with her shoes and throwing on her leather jacket.

"Gotta go!"