• Published 7th Apr 2012
  • 1,017 Views, 15 Comments

Lunestia - Lunestia

  • ...
 15
 1,017

Prologue

“Luna, you shall not have your freedom! By my power I enforce you to stay as you are and to never trouble anypony anymore. You are banished, and you shall remain banished.” A regal mare sternly shouts towards the moon. On this night, the darkness is darker than it ever has been before, though it’s odd for as the moon is also the brightest it has ever been. The moon’s radiance gives off so much energy; it almost seems larger, or closer.

Nearly one thousand years ago now, Princess Celestia, the ruler of Equestria, banished her sister, Princess Luna, to the moon due to her unruly and oppressive approach on her duty. Luna wished for eternal darkness, to bathe in her own comfort, and to be joyous over her subjects. The dark had always been feared by almost everypony since anypony could remember. They always had a sense that the darkness would bring about something cruel and devilish.

This unique night, the night that marks one thousand years of worry free sun fall, cast an eerie feeling about everypony across Equestria. Only a few of them remembered the tale of the Mare in the Moon. Twilight Sparkle of course always took heed to danger and was the only reason the disaster of the reincarnate Nightmare Moon ruining the joyous sun laden Equestria didn’t happen. Princess Celestia knew of what was to happen, but rejected the worries of the ponies in an attempt to keep everypony in a calm nature. This night though, she prepared for a night that she would not enjoy.

“The power and support these harmonious ponies share shall not be phased by your evil demeanor, Luna! I shall not allow you off of your damned prison. Face your defeat and be gone from our minds, we do not need you here!” Princess Celestia booms, summoning all the power she can muster. Twilight stood in awe at her side, along with five other unlikely ponies. Celestia had called upon six unique mares to assist with her task. She knew of the only power to be able to hold back Nightmare Moon from returning. That power was The Elements of Harmony. Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness, Laughter, and Magic, all present in the ponies she had chosen.

“Thank you all so very much for being able to assist me in this very important matter. I will see to it that you are properly rewarded.” The princess calmly assures the six mares.
“But princess, we hardly did nuthin.’ I mean, ya said we together had the Elements uh Harmony, but I jus’ don’ see how. Whad’ we do tuh help?” The orange, farm-whipped earth pony beckons. The tone in her voice entails that she doesn’t mean to be troublesome.

“Well, I’m actually quite glad you asked me that question Applejack. You see, you each possess a unique power that is nearly impossible to find in such a perfect form as you have it. As for you Applejack, you hold the power of honesty. I know that you would never tell anypony a lie of any sort. The Elements of Harmony consist of your powers and in order for them to work; I need you presence and power.” Celestia thoroughly explains her meaning behind this gathering. You see, tonight was the night that Nightmare Moon, my sister, although I know her by her real name of Luna, was supposed to return to Equestria. I could not allow her evil to corrupt the hearts of ponies ever again.”

“Princess Celestia, how can you be sure that this worked? I mean I know the Elements of Harmony hold the most powerful magic in all of Equestria, but where’s the guarantee?” The studious purple pony prods. Her confidence in the princess is not weakened due to her obedience and trust in her mentor.

“Trust me my dear Twilight; there has never been anything to break past the power of the Elements of Harmony.” Celestia says while patting Twilight Sparkle’s snout. She then trots away from the ponies in a swift manner. The room falls to silence as the six ponies begin to exchange glances. None of the ponies had ever met before, excluding Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, they grew up together on Cloudsdale, the home of the Pegasi. The six ponies decide to introduce themselves to one another now that the fearful night has ended.