• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 1,347 Views, 7 Comments

Happy Smile, Sad Tale - Dashie Bro



Pipsqueak is seen as the happy-go-lucky young colt in Ponyville. What everypony doesn't know is that he has a pretty dark history, ever since his birth. He hides it pretty well, but he still holds the pain inside. Somepony that knows comes to hi

  • ...
2
 7
 1,347

True Feelings Lead To This

Walking into his room from the back of the orphanage, Pipsqueak had an old rope in his mouth. The rope was tethered and stretched beyond thought. Nopony thought it would ever be useful again, hence why it was thrown out. Pipsqueak saw it a few times before now, knowing it was still good enough for use. He had no need for it, so he left it there to decompose. He needed it now for his purpose. The rope couldn't support the massive weight it originally could, but it could support roughly one hundred pounds maximum. His body weight was sixty-seven pound last time he weighed, and he didn't grow much over the course of time. Laying the rope across the floor, Pipsqueak discovered that the rope was even longer than he expected. This was good, as it needed to be as long as possible.

Looking up, Pip found the strongest beam supporting the ceiling was the center beam. Knowing the he wasn't tall enough, he stacked pillows and mattresses. When he finally reached the beam, Pipsqueak wrapped the end of the rope around it and jumped down from his pillow mountain. Finding the old pocket knife his father gave him, he cut the end of the rope and let the end of it fall to the ground. Before he finished knotting the loop, Pip looked down at the old pocket knife; He remembered his father. His father was a former soldier for the Equestrian Army, he traveled almost all over the country in service to the sisters. This meant he hardly got to see his son, and Pip always missed his father. One day when he came home from active duty, he returned to his wife and son with gifts for them both. That day, Pipsqueak received the Saddle Arabian pocket knife he would always use to cut ropes when he needed. Tears began flowing from his face as Pipsqueak remembered then fatal day he lost his dad.


There was a knock at the door. Pipsqueak opened the door with his mother next to him. He was hoping it was his father returning from nearly a year of active service and being away from home. To his surprise, it wasn't his father. It was a Captain of the Royal Guard, Shining Armor. In his hooves were his father's helmet and the Equestrian flag.

"Is this the home of Silver Shine?" He asked. He rang a defeated and sorrowful tone in his voice.

"Yes. This is his home. I'm his wife, Honey Mist. Why do you ask?" She stated. She knew what was going on, but she acted as if she didn't know the truth to hide it from her son.

Pipsqueak looked curiously at the scene in front of him. He knew Mr. Shining Armor and he knew what him coming to his house meant something important. But what was so important that his mother started to tear up? Where was his dad? He wanted to know where his daddy was, and he wanted to know now! Mustering up all the courage he could, he asked the fatal question.

"S-sir Shining Armor, w-where's my daddy?" He asked. Looking down at the innocent colt beneath him, Shining Armor's heart sank at the thought of his fallen soldier.

"Your father," he paused for a moment. "He needed to go home."

"But this is his home. Why isn't he here?" Pip asked. Honey Mist couldn't fight back the tears any longer. She fell to the floor in a fit of tears. Pip quickly turned to his mother and gave her a hug. "I miss daddy too, mommy. But he'll be home soon." Honey Mist looked up at he sweet little colt. He smiled with unaware joy and happiness. Honey Mist faked a happy smile and rose to her hooves.

"Thank you Shining Armor. I'll make arrangement." Honey Mist said. Shining Armor gave a salute and walked off. Pipsqueak looked up at his mother and smiled.

"Are we going to have a party for when daddy comes home?" He asked happily.

"Sure. When he comes home, we'll have a party." She said. Pipsqueak jumped up and down in joy. He had no idea of his father's fate.

But he would know all in due time.


A few days later, he came home to all of his father's family at his house. He didn't know what was happening, but he had a bad feeling about it. When he came inside, he saw his cousins, uncles, aunts and even some brothers and sisters that grew up and moved out. He was happy to see them, but they hardly ever came to visit. Why would they come to visit now? When his eldest brother, Written Script, saw him he pulled Pip into a brotherly hug.

"Hey baby bro! Where have you been?" He asked.

"School. It's was fun, but I'm happy to be home. Are you guys here to see daddy?" Pipsqueak asked. That question sent a feeling of sorrow and pain through the room.

"So mom didn't tell ya, huh?" Written Script said. Pipsqueak put a confused look on his face and scrunched his muzzle.

"What do ya mean?" He asked. Rather than tell himself, Written Script wanted his mother to tell. Honey Mist walked forward kneeled down to meet her son face to face.

"Pip, do you remember what Sir Shining Armor said about your father?" She asked. Pipsqueak nodded.

"Yeah. He said daddy needed to go home, but he's not here. I guessed he was coming home later. When is daddy coming home?"

Honey Mist winced as she delivered the painful truth. "Pip, your father isn't coming home at all. He's dead." With those words, the room was completely silent for what seemed like eternity.

Pipsqueak stumbled back in shock. He slowly shook his head "no" as if to refuse the truth. He didn't want this to be the truth. Pip loved his dad, and his dad loved him back. His dad promised that he would come home everytime he left for active duty. His dad was a stallion that loved his family and loved them with all his heart. Pipsqueak fell to his knees and cried. He didn't want his father to be dead. Who in their right mind would? No pony he's ever met.


It's been a month since Silver Shine's funeral. The days went by slower than they normally did now. Pipsqueak came home from school with his head hung low in sadness, Honey Mist came home exhausted and depressed everyday, and their family came in with no hope of seeing happiness ever again. But that was before the news that they were moving. Because of her job, Honey Mist needed to move to Ponyville. Pipsqueak began to pip up in his mood. He liked making friends, and Ponyville is pretty big for a small town.

On moving day, all of the Pip's family in Trottingham was there to see them off. They all had mixed looks of smiles, tears, and frowns. Everypony loved each other beyond the point of explanation. The younger foals all surrounded Pipsqueak with little hugs, cries, and giggles. Pipsqueak smiled as his younger cousins sent him off. Even with all his family sending him off with all the love possible, the highlight of it was when Written Script gave him a hug and told him his truest secret.

"Hey little bro. It's times like this when you need to know. Ponies depend on each other, but sometimes you need to take action yourself." Written Script whispered. Pipsqueak nodded his head and pulled his brother back into a tight hug. The moving truck driver honked the horn, indicating that it was time. Finally getting ready, Pipsqueak grabbed his backpack and boarded the moving truck. Looking back once more, Pip waved goodbye to his family and friends. The family waved back in tears. Pipsqueak boarded the truck and closed the door. As the truck pulled off, Pip's family slowly faded out of sight. The thought of not seeing his family for a long time wasn't helping him at all.


Ponyville began to come to sight, yet Pipsqueak couldn't see it. He had fallen asleep from the long ride here. This day would start the beginning of a new life for Pip and his mother. Only time would tell how there lives would transpire from here. Time had it in for Pipsqueak as he had little knowledge that his life would only get worse.

As the moving vehicle came to a stop, Pipsqueak was woken up by his mother and told to help unload. Pipsqueak did as he was told and every now and again stopped to look at some of the locals around town. He hoped that they were nicer than the Trottingham ponies. Busy bustling cities are known for having ponies that aren't very kind-hearted. Maybe a smaller town like this one would have nicer ponies. Pipsqueak would maybe have his answer soon. As he began moving boxes into the new house, he started getting tired. The boxes with things like pillows and blankets weren't all that heavy,but when he reached the boxes containing objects like silverware, plates and pictures were much heavier. As Pip struggled to lift the next box, he grunted and strained to move it. No success came of his efforts. He fell to the ground defeated, laying his face to the dirt. As Pip groaned in defeat, a butter yellow filly and an apple red stallion walked over to him.

"Hey there. Are you okay?" The filly asked. Pipsqueak looked up and stare at the two ponies.

"No. I...um...I need help with this box. I can't move it." He replied. The filly looked up to the stallion.

"Big Mac, can you help out?" She asked. Big Macintosh nodded and moved the box inside the house. Pipsqueak was left lying there, confused. Back in Trottingham, ponies weren't so eager to help others. If you were lucky, you could get their help if you begged for it. Unless of course you were famous or knew somepony famous, then any pony would help you at the drop of a hat. Pip just remained lying there, next to the yellow filly. She turned to him and spoke.

"So you're movin' in here?" She asked. Pip simply nodded his head. "Nice to meet ya! My name's Applebloom. The stallion you met was my big brother, Big Macintosh."

"My name's Pipsqueak. My mother and I just moved here from Trottingham, as you can already see." Pip said. He nodded as he pointed to the moving truck and the few boxes left. Applebloom smiled, trotted over to the closest box and started pushing it.

Again, Pip found himself dumbstruck by how the other ponies in town were so willing to help a pony they barely even know. Because of how many other ponies in Trottingham were not willing to even stop and ask others if they needed help, he thought that ponies were just not willing to help others; And yet, Applebloom who he just met moments ago walked right over and began helping. Pip smiled. He liked knowing that ponies here would be much friendlier.

"Hey Pipsqueak. Gimme a hoof please?" Applebloom grunted out. Pipsqueak rose up and trotted next to Applebloom. Both foals pushed the box with all their might. Whatever was inside must have been heavier than any other box, because even with all their might it wouldn't move. Both foals pushed again with all their might, yet the box still would not move. Pipsqueak fell flat on his stomach. He was just about to give up when two more fillies came over to help them.

"Hey Scootaloo! Hey Sweetie Belle!" Applebloom said.

"Hey Applebloom! Whatcha doing there?" Scootaloo asked.

"Ah'm helping Pipsqueak here. He and his family just moved here and their unpackin'. Ah'm here to help move this box." Applebloom said. Sweetie Belle's eyes lit up.

"Maybe we could get our cutiemarks as movers!" She squeaked. Applebloom and Scootaloo's eyes lit up with the same excitement as Sweetie Belles's.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Movers!!!" They all cried out.

Pipsqueak was taken aback by their joy. He had never seen ponies so energetic in quite a long time. Ever since his father died to be exact. The "Cutie Mark Crusaders" as the three called themselves leaped with joy as they made their statement. Pipsqueak rose up from the gravel once more and began pushing the box with his head. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all help Pipsqueak out and pushed the box with their heads. All four foals pushed with all their might to move what ever was in this box. One thing they all knew for sure was that it was bucking heavy!

Grunting like they were pushing a thousand pound force away, which it seemed like they were doing at the time, Pipsqueak and the cutie mark crusaders pushed the box through the door way. After finally moving the box through the door and into the hall, all four foals fell to the floor and breathed heavily. Looking to his side, Pipsqueak saw the three fillies look back at their flanks. Groans of disappointed filled the air.

"Aww pony feathers! Nothin'!" Applebloom groaned.

"When will we get them?!" Scootaloo cried. Obviously these fillies wanted their cutiemarks as soon as possible.

"You know, I don't have my cutiemark either." Pipsqueak said, attempting to lighten the mood. The crusaders all stared at Pip's flank. He was right. His flank was bare with no cutiemark. A bit of hope shun it's light on the crusaders.

"Hey! He doesn't have a cutiemark either. Maybe we can have another crusader?" Sweetie Belle said. Applebloom and Scootaloo pulled Sweetie Belle back with shocked and unsure looks. Huddled in a group, the three discussed having a new crusader.

"Hold on Sweetie Belle. I know he doesn't have a cutiemark, but I don't think we should make him a crusader on the spot." Scootaloo said.

"But it could be fun having him around! And he may even bring some new ideas to help us get our cutiemarks." Sweetie Belle argued.

"Ah know that, but still he just moved in today. Maybe we should we should wait a little longer until he gets ready." Applebloom suggested. Putting a hoof to her chin, Scootaloo pondered the thought. After a solid half minute later, Scootaloo considered the idea. Applebloom smiled and Sweetie Belle jumped with joy. Pipsqueak was slightly leaning back with an uneasy look on his face.

"These fillies seem a little....excited," He thought to himself. "Even if they're a little weird, I think their still really nice. Maybe I could make my first friends in Ponyville." With his thoughts motivating him, he asked the three fillies. "So girls,....do you think we can be friends?" Sweetie Belle looked up.

"I thought we were already friends." She squeaked. Pipsqueak lightly blushed red.

He had friends back in Trottingham, but they weren't his friends so easily. Here, he had one pony who already though he was her friend! Even more, her friends wanted to be his friends! This was indeed the happiest and even most shocked Pipsqueak has been since his father died. Scrapping his hoof on the floor, Pip looked away and nervously chuckled. He didn't know what to say after that. But he knew he had to say something. He was just about to speak when Scootaloo broke the silence.

"Yeah! You are our friend! And soon to be a cutie mark crusader." Pipsqueak's light blush grew deeper and more visible. The crusaders tilted their heads in confusion.

"Hey, are you okay," Sweetie Belle asked. "You look a little red." She walked up to Pipsqueak and placed a hoof on his forehead. "You don't feel like you have a fever." Applebloom and Scootaloo followed suit.

"He doesn't look sick, but he still looks red." Applebloom said.

"Maybe he needs a hug." Scootaloo suggested. Sweetie Belle took that as an invitation and wrapped her forehooves around Pipsqueak's neck and torso.

Pipsqueak was taken aback by Sweetie's bold gesture. It shocked him, but he didn't back away. Instead, he sat on his hounces and wrapped his forehooves around Sweetie Belle. Afterward, something that happens only once in a millennium occurred; Pipsqueak smiled. The reason for the rarity behind Pipsqueak's smile was obvious to only him, his mother and his family. His father's passing was too much of an emotional toll for Pip to even attempt to smile, yet here he was smiling for the first time in so long. Applebloom and Scootaloo joined in the hug. The warmth of their bodies joined Pip and Sweetie's. The smile on Pip's muzzle grew bigger. Three sweet, caring and kind fillies were openly embracing him with new found friendship.

From the other room, Honey Mist and Big Mac were watching with smiles on there faces. Looking at each other, they nodded and finish packing the last box.

"I'm happy he's smiling again," Honey Mist said. "He hasn't smiled in such a long time. He's been through so much lately. It's hard to let go of losing somepony you love so much, isn't it?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac answered. Knowing all too well how hard it is to accept losing a parent, Big Mac could relate. Honey Mist levitated the last of the plates into the cupboards and closed the doors.

"Well I thank you again," Honey Mist continued. "It's been rough lately and I needed a stallion to help me." Big Mac looked back and smiled. He really liked it when mares took charge of their situations. His sister, Applejack, did it after their parents died and she still does it to this date. It was something that he found admirable in mares.

"I could help you when ever you need me, and Applebloom could play with Pipsqueak when I come over." Big Mac offered. Honey Mist turned with a hopeful look in her eyes. "I do have spare time on my hooves every now and then, and I don't have much to do anyways."

"I'd love it! Thank you!" Honey Mist cried with joy as she threw herself at Big Mac. The red stallion simply wrapped his hooves around her and gave her the biggest hug he could.

That day, Pip and his mother's lives began to look up. As the days progressed, so did their lives and happiness. Pipsqueak began school with the cutie mark crusaders and Honey Mist continued working her career as a mailmare. When Pipsqueak walks to school he always runs into Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle almost as if it is on purpose. He never minded it, in fact he liked it. Walking to school with friends was something that he always did back in Trottingham, now he could do it here. He finally had a reason to smile once more. This was only before Pip met Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

The two school fillies walked across the street and purposefully cut off the young ponies path. Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle all rolled their eyes, yet Pipsqueak just looked around. His muzzle , eyes and eyebrows all revealing his confusion. Pipsqueak looked at Scootaloo. She simply shook her head and asked him to not say anything. He raised his right eyebrow further than it was before. Scootaloo just shook her head again. Pip did as he was told and looked forward with a blank stare on his face. Diamond Tiara was the first to address the four.

"Well well well. If it isn't the cutie mark crusaders. Or should I say...," She started.

"Blank Flanks!" Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon said in unison. The insult, just like the purpose of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon even attempting to annoy the crusaders had fallen flat. Their words meant nothing to any of the girls. But Pipsqueak was taking the insult quite seriously. Nopony had ever called him a blank flank before, or even acknowledged that he didn't have a cutiemark yet. He rarely noticed it, and it never truly bothered him. But to have somepony else point out he didn't have one and tease him because of it. It stung worse than a beehive landing on somepony's head. Even if the insult wasn't directed towards him he still felt hurt from it.

"So what if we're blank flanks? Like Miss Cheerilee said, we still have that first time to get our cutie marks." Applebloom responded. Pipsqueak looked up to Applebloom. Being three years younger than Applebloom and her friends, Pip had to look up to then to see there muzzles.

"Yeah, and we're still getting closer to our cutie marks everyday." Scootaloo added. Pip turned his gaze to Scootaloo. He started to feel a little safer.

"And there are still other ponies that don't have their cutiemarks." Sweetie said. Pip's heart skipped a beat. He hoped so badly that she wasn't talking about him. He closed his eyes, leaned his head down and waited to hear his name. It never came. Sweetie grabbed Pip's hoof and started walking past Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. He let out a sigh of relief and lifted his head.

Inevitably, Diamond Tiara stuck her snobbish muzzle in other ponies business and aimed all her attention on Pipsqueak. Watching the younger colt walk past, she saw that he didn't have a cutie mark! She knew that their was somepony else that didn't have their cutie mark, and now she knew who that somepony was. Being the classic schoolyard bully, she took this opportunity immediately.

"So is this that other pony that doesn't have a cutie mark?" Diamond Tiara asked. Sweetie Belle and Pipsqueak stopped dead in their track.

"What?" Pipsqueak said.

"Are you the other somepony that doesn't have their cutie mark?" Diamond Tiara repeated. Silver Spoon looked at Pip's flank.

"Yeah! He is a blank flank, Diamond Tiara." She said. Pipsqueak froze. He was a mixture of feelings right then. Sadness, indifference, shame, and bitterness all swam around inside of his head. He didn't know how to feel about this, but he knew that is wasn't good.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trotted away giggling. Pip hung his head low. Applebloom moved forward and tried to console her little friend.

"It's okay Pip. You're younger than us. You'll probably get your cutie mark before you're as old as us." Scootaloo came up and did the same.

"Yeah, buddy. It's okay. You've got plenty of time before you need your mark." Sweetie Belle wrapped her hoof around Pip. She looked at him with her best smile.

"It'll be okay. Ponies here don't really care if you don't have a cutiemark. Miss Cheerilee said that getting your cutiemark is different for everypony. You just need to wait."

Pip's spirits started to lift lift a little bit. He was still feeling down about what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon said, but the CMC were right. It was only a matter of time before he got his cutiemark. He trusted these fillies completely. The four foals continued their trip to the schoolhouse.

Once they reached the schoolhouse, Pipsqueak looked at all the foals running around. He was a little bit nervous about how the other foals would treat him. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon proved to be no help boosting his confidence. Though, Sweetie Belle and her friends proved to be the closest to friends he has as of late. Walking toward the schoolhouse, Pip laid eyes upon Miss Cheerilee. The sunlight glistened against her magenta coat causing it to shine. Her pink and white mane waved slowly as she nodded her head inside, insinuating that it was time for class. The foals all ran inside the schoolhouse nearly knocking the teacher over. Pip followed them making sure he was exactly the last one inside. We waited at the door to help up Miss Cheerilee. Miss Cheerliee smiled as Pip helped her up. Walking with him to the center of the front of the classroom.

"Good morning students." Miss Cheerilee said.

"Good morning Miss Cheerilee." The foals replied in unison.

"Today, we have a new student joining us. May you introduce yourself." Miss Cheerilee said. Pip took a step forward and inhaled deeply.

"Hiya there! My name is Pipsqueak. I just moved here from Trottingham with my mom. It's nice to meet you all!" He said.

"Thank you Pipsqueak. You can take the seat next to Applebloom." Miss Cheerilee said. Pip did as Miss Cheerilee said and sat in the seat across from Applebloom. Applebloom looked at Pip from across the aisle. She smiled and waved at the small colt. He waved back in response. A balled up piece of paper hit Pip in the head as he waved. It fell to the floor as it bounced off his mane. He waited for Miss Cheerilee to turn around before he picked it up from the floor.

As Pip opened the balled up paper, his mind began to wonder of what it could be. When the paper was finally opened, the words were hard to make out, but they were still readable. The words made out as:

"I need to talk to you after school new colt. Meet me after school. Rumble." Pip didn't know who this Rumble colt was, but he didn't have the time to find out. Miss Cheerilee was about to begin class.

"Okay students. Today we will learn about...."


After school was done for the day, the foals all ran outside the schoolhouse. Pipsqueak looked around outside the schoolhouse looking for this Rumble colt. In his search, Pipsqueak walked behind the schoolhouse and was snatched up by a shadowed figure. Naturally, Pipsqueak began to panic. He frantically waved his hooves in every and any direction possible. He was about to yell for help but the shadowy figure holding him slapped a hoof over his mouth.

When both Pip and the figure were behind the schoolhouse, it let go. Breathing heavily, Pip shuffled back on the ground.

"Hey hey hey chill! It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." The figure said. A light shined down from nowhere to reveal the shadow as a young colt. He had a light grey coat and a black and darker grey colored mane. He was a pegasus, and just like Pipsqueak he didn't have his cutiemark yet.

"Why did you just try to ponynap me?!" Pip asked. yelling.

"I needed to talk, but you don't know me. You probably wouldn't have talked to me." He said.

"Who the hay are you anyway?!" Pip asked.

"My name is Rumble. I was the one that threw the note at your head. We need to talk." He said.

"Couldn't you have just said that? I was wondering who Rumble was and what he wanted to talk about." Pipsqueak said. Rumble's expression turned blank. He was dumbfounded by how stupid he just acted.

"I hadn't thought of that." He responded. Pipsqueak facehoofed in response. "Sorry bro, I just really needed to talk to you."

"And what did you need to talk to me about?" Pipsqueak asked. He's tone changed from afraid and confused to slightly irritated.

"If you ever have any problems at this school, just come to me. I'm here for you." Rumble said, patting Pipsqueak on the back. Pipsqueak looked a little bit less irritated and a little more calm.

"So does that mean you and I are....?" Pip started.

"Friends? Yeah!" Rumble said. "You know what I hear all the time. Friendship is Magic." Pipsqueak smiled and hugged his knew friend. He thought today would be the best day of his life. And it was true. His day was going to get even better, but his life would take many more turns.


Walking home from school was really fun for Pip. He not only got to talk to his three closest friends, he got to find out more about them. Apparently, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle both have older sister, and they are best friend just like them. Scootaloo is the leader of the Rainbow Dash fan club and all of them go to a clubhouse to go crusading. They got to learn more about Pip as well.

"So that's why you moved to Ponyville?" Sweetie Belle asked. Pip nodded.

"My mom got moved here on her job a little while after my dad died." He said. A sad expression appeared on the crusaders' faces.

"I'm so sorry. It must've been really hard for you after your dad died." Scootaloo said comfortingly. Pip thanked her.

"I never knew my ma and pa. They died a little bit after I was born. But I learned about them from Applejack and Big Mac." Applebloom said. Pipsqueak patted her and the back.

"I thought I had it bad, at least I got to know my dad. I feel so bad now. My friend lost two ponies that loved her very much, before she could even talk. I'm sorry Applebloom." He said. Applebloom pulled Pipsqueak into a tight hug. Tears slowly weld up in her closed eyes.

"Thank ya Pipsqueak." Applebloom said on the verge of tears. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo joined in the group hug. The four foals all embracing each other.

"Well, we may have lost ponies we loved truly, but we gained some unforgettable friends too." Pip said. Wiping the tears from her eyes, Applebloom chuckled a bit. Pip was right. She made friends with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, and they were the best friends she ever had. Now she made friends with Pipsqueak. She really did make some unforgettable friends. The group hugged once more, not out of sadness, but out of happiness.

"Hey, Nightmare Night is coming up in a few weeks, why don't we all go tick or treating together." Scootaloo suggested.

"Great idea, Scoots!" Applebloom said.

"Awesome!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"Wow Sweetie. If you keep that up, we might need to call you Squeaky Belle." Pip joked. Sweetie Belle scrunched her muzzle at Pip. Applebloom and Scootaloo laughed.

So it was decided. When Nightmare Night came, the four would all go trick or treating together. Little to there knowledge that they would meet somepony that they would never forget there, especially for Pipsqueak. For he would met the final of the five ponies that would save his life.

Author's Note:

Not many people in the fandom like Pipsqueak, but like him. I wrote this as my thought on a possibility of Pipsqueak's back story pre and during Ponyville. I wanted to show everypony that there is no reason to judge how ponies act because we may not know how their lives are and what they've been through. What if someone killed themselves over what you said to them? It's not a very good feeling. So we need to be so much more open minded next time.