• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 662 Views, 15 Comments

Last day of the Deadmare - Sparkfire



Scootaloo has been the Deadmare for 13 years, now she must face her last one last foe to earn her just reward. She must face the Lord of the Unliving.

  • ...
3
 15
 662

To Live Again

The last Day of the Deadmare

by Sparkfire

To Live Again

Hospitals

Rainbow hated them, mostly because they made you sit still for hours on end in the waiting room. That, or if you were injured, they strapped you down to your bed so you couldn’t leave. She honestly believed that, though it had a small basis in fact.

Right now, she was in the hospital because a friend. One, that was until just hours ago, had been dead for over thirteen years.

How? How is it possible? No one can just return from the dead. Was is that white ring? What if it’s just a ruse? How the Hay do I know she’s not a spy? What if it’s -

Before she finished that though, A bald(no mane or tail) Green earth pony with solid red eyes walked up to her.

“Miss Dash, are you feeling alright? You seem tense and worried. Is it your friends’ condition you’re worried about? If it eases your mind, all tests have shown that she is without a doubt who she looks like. even the mental scans done by Princess Sparkle earlier.” He said in a deep and low monotonous voice, though it had more warmth in it than most doctors had. Like he was genuinely concerned for her.

“How? How is it possible that she’s alive Doc?”

“I don’t know, but it seems she still remembers things from when she was dead. The Mental Scans Princess Sparkle did showed images of a white Alicorn with a silver mane and tail. According the Princess, the unknown Alicorn looks similar to a being call Rama Kushna. The name is ancient equestrian for ‘Origin of all life’.

“There is a legend that if you meet her, and do what she ask of you, she’ll return you to life. At least that was what I was told. I’m not native to Equestria, so I can’t confirm or deny the legend.” The Doctor said in an even tone.

Then he added something.

“Miss Dash, you were checked out to make sure you weren’t injured when you and her were brought in, correct?”

“Yeah, took some blood too” Dash said, then muttered something under her breath about Vampires.

“Well, I believe the results should be in by now. Give me a moment, and once that is done, you may see Miss Scootaloo.”

As he trotted off, Rainbow tried to remember what happened earlier.

From Scootaloos’ Dead Body rising from her grave, to it telling her to destroy her body, to the white ring actually ‘reviving’ Scootaloo. The memories seemed to blur together.

She snapped out of the trance the memories put in, when the strange earth pony doc came back.

“Miss Dash? I need to ask you a few questions. Since you didn’t sound find nor did you tell me you were. I assume you just didn’t think about anything, except what just recently happened at the graveyard.

“I have good new, and bad news about your tests. Which would like to hear first?”

“Bad first. This day’s already been horrible, more bad news won’t make a difference doc.”

“Well, it seems due to your condition, you are to be put on medical leave from the wonderbolt for 9 months- effective immediately. The good news however, is that after that, maternity leave for wonder bolts is a year long and is paid leave at that.”

Dash just blinked, standing there for several minutes.

“C..c..could you repeat that? For a second, I thought you said I was pregnant.”

“I did. I’d congratulate you, but we still have to deal with your friend. If she has come back from the dead, she’ll need help re-adjusting to being alive again. And she will need as much help as possible.

“Do you know if she had any family?”

“Only her mother, and she lost her mind when Scootaloo died. Her father died in jail, and after what that flankhole did- let’s just say he got what he deserved in the end. So if you asking if I’ll help her, then yes. I owe her a lot. And I think I’ll get a second opinion about the pregnancy if don’t mind.”

“Very well. If you want too see her, she’s in room 1967. Down the hall, and to the right. Will there be anymore visitors?”

“Yeah, two. A light-yellow earth pony with a red mane and tail named Apple Bloom, and a unicorn with a whitish-grey coat and a pastel-purple and light pink mane named Sweetie Belle.”

“when I see them, I’ll send them to the room. Have a good evening miss Dash.” And with that the strange doctor left.

‘I think I’m ready, I think I’m ready I’m read…..aw who am I kidding. IF this really is Scoots returned from the dead, what do I say? What do I ask?’ Dash thought, wondering what happened to herself these past Thirteen years.

‘I use to be confident, hard headed, and never worried about anything. Thought my speed meant I could always be there for my friends. Now look at me, nothing more than a mare who second guesses herself. All because I failed Scoots.’ Dash thought as she lowered her head.

“Well, here goes something” Dash spoke out loud, to no one in particular, and headed to room 1967, not knowing if what was waiting was the real Scootaloo. Or something else entirely.

Even the reassurance the strange green earth pony doctor gave her, couldn’t help overcome Dashs’ doubt.


Nothing, that was all I saw.

For some reason, my head was ringing. Odd, since you normally can’t feel anything as a ghost.

Truthfully, now that I think about it, I don’t remember much of what happen after Skeletor appeared. Though the Last thing I remember hearing was the voice of Rama saying “Scootaloo of Equestria- LIVE”.

My eyes started to open, which if I remember correctly, shouldn’t be possible. Especially since I shouldn’t exist anymore, considering what vague memories I have say I died as a ghost after whatever actually happened.

As my eyes opened, I see where I am.

Great, I’m in a hospital. Don’t tell me I was in a coma all those years, and I was dreaming that bucked up scenario.

I then hear the door open, a familiar rainbow colored mane poking through the crack. As Dash fully gets herself in the room, I see she looks worst from when I last remember seeing her from my perspective as a ghost.
She then says something.

“You’re awake.” Dash said flatly, clearly not believing it was me..

“How Long has it been? Thirteen years since I died? A few hours since we last spoke? I’d say that coming back to life is the weirdest thing that’s happen to me, but I’d be lying. You see and do strange things when you’re a flippin’ ghost.

“I heard everything you said at my grave, and I got say, I need to meet the stallion that can out race you. heh” I chuckle a bit, seeing her shock at that statement.

Seems I got to say it now. I know we’re both going to need therapist after this, but I need to let her know. Maybe leave out the part where I’m not worth anything. Knowing her, she’d try to claim I’m worth something to her. But I know the truth, and that’s ok- I may not be worth anything in the grand scheme of the universe, but I do try to do right by everyone.

“I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I was there when they buried that body you’re wearing. You can’t fool me, so prove you’re really Scootaloo. Tell me something only she can know that nopony else does.” Dash said, her eyes narrowed at me.

“You got every right to suspect me of being an impostor. You want proof, fine. When I was eight, about a month or so before you guys fought Tirek - you and Superman went to my house to talk to my parents about some scars he discovered under my wings.

“Long story short, it turned out m...mm….my gene-donor bastard of a father had been slowly cutting the tendons that allowed flight because he thought pegasi were inferior to unicorns. He wanted my mother to allow him to turn me into a unicorn by transforming my pegasus magic into Unicorn magic. Don’t know how he thought he could do that. All I know is that he was crazy.” That was something only me, Dash, her friends and mine, Superman and the princesses knew.

Yeah, my Father was that crazy. He knew my Grandmother was a Pegasus. He knew all about moms’ family. And he still did what he did. I will never forgive him for that.

My blood always boiled when I thought about him. He was my father, and I trusted him.

“Mom was pissed. She divorced him as fast as she could. I WILL NEVER forgive him for nearly taking my wings from me.” I said with a hint of venom in my voice.

I could tell she at least was considering I might be the real deal. Have to explain some why I’m alive, even though I don’t get it myself.

“Look, I don’t get how I’m alive. I just am. Though, when I arrived at the graveyard, I didn’t expect anyone to be there. I was suppose to stop whoever the tartarus that guy was.
“Seeing you there at my grave...Look, what do you want me to say? I didn’t flippin’ plan on dying when I was twenty, and I have no flippin’ clue how I’m alive now.” I know I sound irritated, but I really don’t care. I have no real clue to why this is actually happening.

‘Ok, this at least proves the mare in the bed here might be Scoots. Still got make sure it’s her. I mean, she looks exactly like she did before she died. Got make sure this isn’t some twisted up joke.’

“You don’t seem to believe me. Alright, how about this? When I was eighteen, me and you went to a restaurant Cloudsdale. You said you wanted to ask me something. When you asked me if I would be your maid of-” I was cut off by something I didn’t expect.

Dash hugged me.

Never thought I’d see the day she’d cry, and that had just happened earlier at my former gravesite.

THIS…..this was just unexpected.

I knew then that everything would be alright.

For hours, we just hugged. Saying nothing to each other.

Because what could we say?

One thing is for sure- I’ve been given a second chance to live again...and this time, I’m going to take slow and appreciate what’s really important.

LIFE


Three days later.

I really hope this a good Idea. Dash said mom has been here ever since I died.

“Here” Being the Ponyville Sanitarium, aka Belle Reve. At least it ain’t Arkham.

I walk in and head to the receptionists’ desk.

“What can I do for you miss?” A Pink Unicorn with a yellow and black maned asked. She seemed a little to perky for me, even Pinky didn’t have a smile as creepy as her.

“Uh yeah, I’m looking for a Orange Unicorn with a blue mane and tail. Her name is Lightwall.”

“What’s your relationship to the poor mare?”

“I’m her daughter.” I said Flatly, knowing the response I was going to get.

“Bu...Bu...what? Lady, Lightwalls’ Daughter was killed thirteen years ago. No offence, but I ain’t buying your sh-”

I cut her off as fast as I can, trying to keep my temper in check.

“Look, I know I’m supposed to be dead. Somehow, I’m alive. Don’t ask how, it’s just very complicated. I was dead, now I’m not. Don’t question it please. NOW let me see my mother”

“OK, OK! Geeze, don’t be a grouch about me doing my job lady. Rather be working at Arkham. Fine, down the hall in the rec area. First door on the right.”

“Thanks.” I say, glaring at the mare as I leave.

Now, time to see my mom.

We’ve got a lot to talk about.

Author's Note:

Ok, let's get one thing clear before you guys yell "OOC" for Rainbow and Scootaloo, Remember that first: 25 years have passed by, and Scootaloo has been outright dead for 13 year until this chapter.

Now, on with the notes.

The Bald, green Earth Pony Doctor is actually J'onn J'onzz in disguise. Like Clark (The Clark of this universe is not Superman. The Superman I refer to is from my other fic. They are different characters, sorry for the confusion) is in this verse, J'onn is the last of his kind. Unlike Clark, they've only died out in the last few months before J'onn arrived (Yes, Celestia knows where he is and who he is). His kind are the changeling precursors/ancestors, with a key difference -NO need or desire for drain love since they are telepathic. Also, the fire weakness is present in a new way. Only Magical or Supernatural/Divine Fire can hurt him or other martians(and by extention, Changelings) as well as fires of Passion.

Now for the main event. This chapter gives my take on Scootaloos' Parents. Lightwall (Scootaloos' mother, Her mother is a pegasus. Lightwall herself is a unicorn) who loves Scootaloo regardless of what she is. Her farther, is a unicorn supremacist that had an insane and stupid (not to mention, ridiculous) idea to make her a unicorn. He really didn't think about what would be done to him if he was found out. Plus, did mention it was a stupid Idea that simply wouldn't work no matter how he did it. He's the bastard that made it difficult for he to fly. He was caught before the damage was irreversible.

Oh, Scootaloo won't realize the filly she was suppose to save was Rainbows' till she mention to Scoots' that she's pegnant.

Also, yes. The pink mare is Harly Quinn before she transfers to Arkham and ultimately gets corrupted by the Joker

But, this fic is over (unless I can think of a good epilogue). Please tell me What you like or disliked about it. What needs to be fixed or what needs clarifying.