• Published 9th Jun 2014
  • 533 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 3 -- Follow the Equestrium - shysage



The Portal sends Summer Rain and Shysage over a thousand years into the past. In less than two minutes, they rescue two 'nopony' foals, and raise them as their own for two years. Towards the end, they learn who these two girl

  • ...
12
 0
 533

Chapter 1, On the Run

...Equestria pony Summer Rain hugged her Twin tightly, and they cried softly for a little while. Still, it was clear both Summers were doing a lot better.

Just Princess Twilight was left, but Summer and her Twin finished hugging, and Summer took Shysage's hand, and led them both through the Portal, and they were soon gone.

They expected Princess Twilight to follow them.

Princess Twilight did come through the Portal last.

Summer and Shysage were not there...

Summer Rain and Shysage did not make it back to the Portal room that day...

And it wasn't a dream either...


As soon as Summer and Shysage completely cleared the other end of the Portal, they were standing at the top of a slight hill, which drifted down lazily in front of them.

The ground was covered with short, dead grass, it looked very dry here.

It looked early in the day too.

They were still holding hands, and so were still in their Equestria Girls 'people' form.

But this wasn't the Portal Room in the Crystal Palace... It didn't even look like Equestria...

Starting maybe 100 feet away from them, and spreading further down the hill, was a large group of maybe 400 brown Cougars.

Summer realized the Cougars were standing around a single Pegasus mare... Her coat was light Green, and her Mane and Tail were Red.

The Cougars didn't sound happy.

Summer noticed and said quickly "Shysage, they've tied her wings..." Both guessed she must have been in a lot of pain just from that. Then they noticed scratches bleeding all over her coat...

Summer quickly said "Shysage we need to--"

All of a sudden, a heavy steel blade came down on the Mare's neck, severing her head from her body.

This poor mare tried to scream...

...Summer screamed for her, loud and long...

All at once, all 400 Cougars turned and growled at Summer and Shysage. Then they all bolted towards them both.

"Fly Shysage" Summer shouted.

Still holding hands, they launched quickly, in Equestria Girls form, and rose rapidly. They barely made it away in time.

Some sort of spear hit Shysage's leg, but hurt more than it bled.

Summer led them in an expanding circle. The Cougars were trying to follow them.

Summer adjusted their heading to fly with the wind, they would make better distance that way. They were rapidly pulling away from the Cougars.

Without warning, Summer let go of Shysage's hand, cried "Shysage help", pulled her wings in, and dove steeply towards the ground.

Shysage quickly saw what Summer had seen. Six Cougars had backed two small pony foals into a corner where two rock walls joined, and were simply heading in for the kill. Both foals would be dead in seconds...

Shysage had already changed back into his pony form, and he quickly landed right in front of the two foals, who just as quickly ran behind him, cowering in fear, crying loudly...

Shysage just stood there. The Cougars stopped briefly. That was all the delay Summer needed.

Summer had dove far behind them. Each of these six Cougars then got a large rock on their skull, killing them instantly, courtesy of the Phantom Alicorn.

Summer was back in pony form and quickly landed. The foals were hysterical...

Summer tried to comfort them, but five Giraffes quickly ran up to them.

"Shila, you have come... ...Just as the books promised...

"Listen carefully please" one of the Giraffes began.

While one of the Giraffes spoke, the others carefully picked each foal up, gently placed them on Summer and Shysage's back, and used some sort of vines to carefully tie the foals in place.

At this point, a huge herd of maybe 200 Giraffes charged out into the distance, instantly scattering the Cougars that were after Summer and Shysage; they were very close. The Cougars turned back, and tried to go around.

"Shila, you need to follow this wind to the East. Get up high, there is a strong current up there that will take you quickly away from here.

"At nightfall, look for three bright stars, low in the East, in a perfect triangle, that is the Equestrium. Follow the Equestrium. That will take you back to your tribes.

"And Shila listen. The Cougars will soon turn back, and give up for now. But in the next two years, they will attack your land. You must be ready.

"Good luck Shila..."

Summer and Shysage were quickly back in the air, pulling heavily up higher.

They could not use their Equestria Girls form for fear of dropping one of the foals.

Actually, this nagging fear flew with them until they landed that night...

Summer had ended up with the oldest, therefore heaviest foal. This was good, Shysage was having difficulty keeping up with Summer with the smaller one.

Still, they were soon gliding along very high, in the midst of a very powerful current. The land below swam quickly beneath them. Their flying effort was minimal, they could stay up here all day. They did.

Once up high, the two foals fell asleep.

"Summer did you notice" Shysage said. "There was no Portal where we came out. I have no idea why. There is no way we can even try to find it..."

Summer thought for a minute then said softly "Shysage... Listen... We are carrying two foals who have no mom or dad. That has to be our first priority."

Shysage thought for a minute, then said softly "Parents already... I love you Summer."

Summer just smiled.


They flew the current for a long time.

As the sun began to decline towards a mountain range behind them, Summer and Shysage dropped slowly closer to the ground to try and find a safe place to spend the night.

Once they got low enough, they noticed that the land below was very rocky with many huge rock out-crops jutting up out of the ground.

They dropped further below the current, and flew more slowly until they found an outcrop that had a high but natural depression in the center. The one they found had a small lake in it as well, and plenty of grass. That was a welcome relief.

Shysage and Summer dropped fully below the current, and carefully landed. Next, Shysage gently untied the larger foal from Summer's back, and eased her to the ground.

"They took our mommy..." she began crying immediately.

Summer carefully untied the smaller foal from Shysage's back, and also helped her down. She just ran to her sister cowering in fear.

Summer next said very softly "Girls, we will do everything we can to help you. Those bad Cougars are far away now. We will take good care of you."

The girls seemed to calm down at this. Next, Summer said again, very softly, "Are you two hungry at all? There is some good grass here, and the lake is close if you want a drink."

The girls were quickly eating, but never wandered far from each other.

Summer and Shysage ate too, but tried to keep the two foals between the two of them so the foals would feel safer.

After everypony ate their fill, and drank some water, Shysage and Summer led them up to a natural dip in the rocks, and they snuggled together for the evening.

"Girls, what are your names?" Summer asked softly.

It sounded like the oldest said "I'm Sue, and my sister is Lee"

Summer said "Sue and Lee, I am so glad to meet you. My name is Summer, and my Stallion's name is Shysage."

Summer thought a minute than continued. "Listen girls. We don't know where your mommy and daddy are, but we will take care of you as long as you want us to. Is that ok?"

Sue smiled at this, and her sister saw her smile, so she smiled too.

Sue thought for a minute, then said slowly "Are you going to be nice to us?"

Summer just hugged her tightly. Then she hugged Lee too.

This had been a long, scary day for the girls, maybe just one of many, Summer and Shysage didn't know... But they were safe now, and knew it, and were soon fast asleep up against Summer.

After a few minutes silence, Summer said softly "Shysage, what are we getting ourselves into..."

Shysage smiled at Summer and said quietly "True friendship, I think..."

Summer thought for a minute, then said quietly "Shysage, you need to be my Stallion."

Shysage said back, just as quietly "And Summer, you need to be my precious Mare."

Summer quickly responded "Shysage, I'm serious..."

Shysage responded just as quickly, but still spoke slowly "Summer, I am too... These two foals need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are completely committed to each other. They have already been through a lot. These two don't deserve any more uncertainty in their lives."

Summer began to weep softly "I love you so, Shysage... You really are amazing..."

Shysage moved so that his head was near Summer's.

Then they rubbed noses a little while.

Shysage looked into Summer's amazing Blue eyes, and said softly "Summer last time I proposed, it was a dream... I have no idea where or 'when' we are, but can we live like I did propose?"

Summer just cried softly... She didn't want to wake the girls.

"And by the way, just like your dream, we really can't risk a foal until after the Cougars come back... I hope we agree on that." Shysage said, kind of awkwardly.

Summer said quietly "Of course, and I still have no desires yet anyway, which should make it easier in theory... But Shysage..."

"Yes amazing Mare?"

"We already have two foals..." Summer reminded him with a smile.

Shysage thought a minute, then replied softly "Summer, this is an amazing opportunity. I love kids, er foals..."

Summer was weeping softly again as she said quietly "That doesn't surprise me in the least, amazing Stallion."

For the first time really, they both looked closely at the two foals they had snatched from the jaws of death, literally, and who were now sleeping contentedly up against Summer.

Shysage said it first but they both realized it at the same time "The oldest one could easily be ours, Summer."

Her coat was also very light, and her mane and tail were the same 'faded yellow' as Summer's, maybe a little more Yellow though. It was amazing.

The younger one's coat looked like a light blue. Her mane and tail were white with a hint of blue.

They both guessed the older one was two years old maybe, and the younger one was maybe one year old.

Summer said... "Shysage, we will love them both..."

And Shysage finished... "...just like we love each other."

This last part just made Summer cry again.

Shysage tried to find a spot to sleep that allowed him to put his head next to Summer's head, since Summer couldn't move without waking 'their girls.'

Then they just rubbed noses a while.

As night fell, they saw the Equestrium, it was easy to see. "Ok, so that's where we need to go" Shysage said. "That's nice, we can re-check our course every night."

Summer was lost in thought. "Shysage, I do feel bad, the rest of the girls are probably beside themselves that we are gone. There is just nothing we can do about that though."

Shysage sounded a little serious as he said "Summer, without a Portal, we are pretty much stuck here. But as you said, these two girls have to be our first priority."

"Shysage, can we talk to true friend some?" Summer asked.

"That is an excellent idea Mare" Shysage said.

They both closed their eyes, and Summer began "True friend, we are really concerned for our friends in Equestria. Can you help them through this time?"

Shysage concluded with this "True friend, I think I am allowed to have this amazing Mare, at least for now, thank you. Also, we now have two foals to care for. I think we both need your help as we care for them."

They just rubbed noses for a while longer, and were soon fast asleep with their heads next to each other.