• Published 28th May 2014
  • 1,109 Views, 4 Comments

Burning Flame - Arcanine Fire1144



Kasai no longer feels he has anything to live for. So when Discord gives him an offer he can't refuse, he is thrust into a new world. Now an enemy of ponies, he has make his way through a new landscape, and fight unforeseen evil.

  • ...
1
 4
 1,109

Part 1, An Old World

An Old World

Kasai was bored. It didn't take a genius to figure that out. To him, when you are the most powerful, life tends to slow down. He had spent his entire life trying to be the very best. He would train constantly, travel constantly, and fight two or three times a day. He would challenge bigger and stronger foes and win. And when he did lose, he made damn sure that he wouldn't lose to the same Pokemon twice. He made some of friends, and he made a lot of enemies as he built his reputation. Eventually, he became the alpha in all of Kanto, and he was bored of it.

Every other day, he would be challenged by some new Pokemon. They would typically talk about how they were going to beat you and all of that jazz. But when it came time to fight, they stood no chance. When they were beaten, they would turn their tails and run. At first, it was amusing to Kasai, but after a while it became old.

When he wasn't challenged, he was almost always avoiding capture from greedy trainers. When he was little, he was absolutely terrified of them. They were hairless, bipedal, with curious flat faces. However, his fear evaporated when he realized how stupid they actually were. Most of the time he encountered a young trainer thinking that he or she would be able to catch him. They would always send out a weak bug which would swiftly get dispatched. There were occasions when he would face a competent trainer, but they were few and far between. Though he would typically dispatched trainers, there would be times when he would narrowly avoid capture.

A sudden gust of wind blew through his thick coat of fur. He groaned slightly in pain as he shifted to his side. He closed his eyes, wanting to take a long afternoon nap. Before he could however, he heard a high pitched giggle to his left. He cracked open his eyes only to see the scenic forest. Sighing in relief, he closed his eyes once more. All of a sudden, he was head butted straight into his gut knocking him back a couple of inches. This earned another high pitched giggle from assailant. After regaining his bearings, he once again reopened eyes only to sigh in annoyance. "Ellie, how many times have I told you, when I'm trying to sleep, don't bother me", Kasai roared in half anger and half annoyance.

This only earned another giggle from Ellie. "Don't be so strict, uncle Kas", the young Eevee replied playfully. Ellie had been one of Kasai's only friends that hadn't already challenged him or have been captured by trainers. Early in his journey he had met Ellie's father, Ben. Ellie was just born then and as she grew up she saw him as a role model. They would frequently go on long, scenic walks in the wilderness. When she was old enough, she began to follow him on his journey. Without her, Kasai would've probably gone insane.

"If I wasn't so strict, you might be with a trainer by this point. And can you please stop calling me Kas. I know it was cute when you were a little munchkin, but now it's annoying", Kasai responded.

"It's only annoying because you want it to be", Ellie sang. She gingerly walked over to Kasai's form before lying down on his fluffy belly. "By the way, has anyone told you how soft and fluffy your belly is. It is simply divine", Ellie says with a fake yawn, before curling up in order to rest.

"Why exactly are you lying on my belly again?", Kasai asked rather sarcastically.

Ellie yawned before responding, "Because I'm just as bored as you. We've been in this forest for weeks, and you have not once said you wanted to leave. What happened to you? You used to be so full of energy and snark. Now you're just boring to be around."

Kasai pondered on what Ellie had said to him. Am I really getting boring thought Kasai. Suddenly, a thought struck his mind. A devious grin spread across his face at the thought. "Ellie, if I was really that boring, would I do this?", Kasai suddenly asked. Before she could compose a response, she found herself being picked up gently by Kasai's jaws. He then began to spin her around like he used to do when she was a little rascal.

She cried out in joy, as Kasai continued to spin around. A muffled laugh came out from Kasai as he saw the joy radiating off of Ellie. Ellie began to get dizzy and was forced to yell out, "You can stop now Kas, I'm getting dizzy." Kasai stopped spinning only to fall down on his belly, along with Ellie. Kasai attempted to get up only to fall right back down. Laughing, Ellie attempted to get up as well only for her to fall down. This time Kasai laughed as they both steadily got up as the dizziness wore off. Soon, both began to laugh their butts off.

"Oh, how cute", a new voice interjected. Kasai immediately shot his head up only to come face to face with the most disturbing thing he had ever seen. It seemed to be a mismatch of several different Pokemon.

"W-what are you?", Kasai managed to stutter out.

"The question is not what am I, it is what are you?", the mysterious Pokemon responded with insane glee. Before Kasai could respond, the mysterious Pokemon suddenly disappeared. Suddenly, Kasai heard a laugh to his left, then to his right, now behind, and soon it's laugh was all around him and Ellie.

"He is one insane nut basket", Ellie said with a hint of fear in her voice.

The laughing all of sudden stopped and the mysterious Pokemon once again appeared right in front of them. "I'll have you know that I am not a nut basket. My name is Discord, the God of Chaos!", Discord exclaimed while raising his arms up for dramatic effect. "Since I have introduced myself why won't you tell me your names? Wait! I got it, the little brown thing is Ellie, and the big fluffy thing is Kasai", Discord said with an insane giggle.

"Wait, how do you know are names?", asked Ellie.

"Isn't it obvious?", Discord asked back. When he got no response, he took a deep breath and yelled, "Magic!"

Kasai could now only roll his eyes at Discord's antics. "Okay, listen here. If you want to challenge me, then do it. I'm just going to beat you down like I do to everyone else", Kasai growled.

Discord once again disappeared before reappearing right behind them. "Now, now little puppy. I don't want to fight, in fact I want your help", Discord replied.

Kasai sighed in half anger, half annoyance as he replied, "Okay, then what do you need my help with?"

Discord simply smiled and replied, "You have to follow me to find out." Before Kasai could respond, Discord once again disappeared.

"Hey wait up!", Kasai exclaimed as he attempted to follow Discord. As he darted through the forest, he could hear Discord's manic laugh all around him.The further he went, the louder it got. Just as the laughing became unbearable, Kasai made his way into a clearing where Discord was waiting.

"Oh, look who is finally here", Discord said with glee.

"Alright now, what do you want from me?", Kasai asked with an annoyed tone.

Discord smiled and said, "I need you to help me. The world of which I come from is a very harmonious place called Equestria. Despite this, there is always some pony who wants to take it over, myself included. However, we have managed to stop them because of the six Elements of Harmony. However, Equestria faces a threats that the Elements don't even no about. I have seen how powerful you are but I've also seen how bored you are, so I offer this proposition. You can either stay hear and die from boredom, or you can go on an adventure. So what do you pick?"

Kasai let this new information sink in a bit. On one hand he didn't want to go to a mysterious world he had never heard about. On the other hand, this might be his last chance to have fun. "Alright Discord, I accept", Kasai responded.

"Perfect, now off to Equestria! But first let me do something", Discord responded. Before Kasai could react, he was suddenly poked by some thing sharp. "There we go, now we can be on our way!", Discord exclaimed.

Suddenly, Kasai's vision began to blur. His legs began to shake and he began to feel all wobbly. "What did you do to me?", Kasai asked shakily.

Discord's smile widened as he replied, "Nothing really. just something to make it less painful." Before Kasai could comprehend what was happening, whatever Discord had given him took it's full affect, and he passed out.