• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 636 Views, 9 Comments

Battle: Equestria - Malicore



Fourteen years ago Discord was deafeated,but peace doesnt last forever

  • ...
 9
 636

It was supposed to be my day off!

Validust gazed at her bathroom mirror, admiring her own reflection. Before her stood a grayish blue colored mare with, her night blue mane and tail, not the look of a captain but the look of a normal pony for once. The actual look of a captain is much more formal than what she always chose to wear. Though today she chose a more loose fitting choice of clothing for today was her day off. "Ah today’s the day!" she giggled to herself “My first day off in months, oh how relaxing it’s going to be. Maybe I should go down to the entertainment deck and hang around there.” Validust pondered all the things she could or would do today. But first she needed to visit the command deck and check if everything was running smoothly.

Before she exited the Captain’s cabin she took one last look at herself in the mirror and giggled again. She walked to her door and promptly stated “Open.” And then the door swiftly slid open, She then took to a small trot towards the elevator to head to the command deck. When she reached the elevator doors, she was promptly greeted by a few of her fellow crewmembers. “Good morning Captain.” They said with a smile.

Validust replied “ Good morning Lanny, Peeker, going to the cafeteria?” The two nodded happily “Well grab a quick bite cause today both of you are scheduled to help with the engine cores.”
Lanny, and Peeker saluted “Will do ma’am” They both continued their way to the cafeteria, and Validust made her way into the elevator.

The elevator then shot upward towards the command deck. Once it stopped the doors immediately swung open, and then she saw all types of ponies working simultaneously to run the ship. She then strolled around the deck looking at what the ponies were calculating, and discussing. Her eyes scanned everything, but stopping at a white colored mare with a yellow mane.

Her lifelong friend Stargazer, they have known each other every since they were young fillies in kindergarten. They both longed for adventure, and when the solar empire was taking volunteers they jumped at the chance. Validust enjoyed that they both got promoted so easily, but she was even more thrilled when she found out they would be serving on the same ship together! But even with all the fun, she slowly began to miss home.

Finally taking a seat in the middle of the room, she looked out the portside window. The vast view of space, stars, millions of glowing dots filled the view. She then snapped herself to attention, and asked the crew aloud “I'm just here for a few minutes to make sure nothing is wrong. Is there anything new to report?” The crew shook their heads and continued what they were working on. A long period of silence went by, then she asked her Lieutenant “Stargazer… Err I mean Lieutenant. How long has it been since we’d last seen Equestria?”

Validust asked. “Erm…, about four month’s ma’am.” Stargazer continued. “Missing Appleloosa ma’am?” she asked sadly. Validust nodded silently, wishing she could go back and see her friends again. Validust gazed around the command deck, looking at all her other crewmates. Seeing them just sitting in front of a hologram screen, maneuvering their hooves across a hologram keyboard. Validust smirked at the sight. Thinking of what they were actually thinking at the time. Suddenly one of Pegasus crewmembers grew a worried look.

“Ensign Feathershot? Is something wrong with one of the scanning systems?”

“No ma’am but the short range sensors aboard the Adrenda, have detected a few unidentified vessels of the starboard bow.”

“Oh… Really? Show me.” Almost immediately a small screen flashed into view in front of Validust, showing a semi-circle surrounding a ship like shape, four dots blinking off in the upper right section of the semi-circle.

“See? Four objects off our starboard bow… permission to send a squad of our probes?”

“Permission granted Ensign. Let’s hope that these…vessels are nothing to worry about.”

As the Ensign launched the probes they immidiatly darted towards the four vessels, but before they probes were able to scan the vessels began to turn towards the Adrenda. Noticing the change the Ensign’s hooves began to tap furyiously across his keyboard. “Feathershot?, What’s wrong?” Validust asked worriedly. “Ma’am… those vessels are now moving towards us.”

Another voice shouted out from the other side of the command deck. “Captain! Those ships… they’re on an intercept trajectory.”

“All right lieutenant. Hail their lead ship; see if we can get a reason.”

The Lieutenant responded quickly “On it!” Her hooves began to touch a few buttons, but she then grew a grim look. “Ma’am they aren’t responding to our hails. But their ships a playing a message, that repeats.”

“Okay then, play the message on speaker. Let’s see what it’s all about.”

“Aye aye” She tapped a few more buttons then the message began to play on the speaker, for everypony on the command deck to hear.

We are the bringers of chaos… the harbingers of disorder… the weapons of Discord.

“Wait what! Did they just say Discord?” one of the crewmates asked quizzically.

“I thought Discord was still in stone back in Canterlot.” Another crewmember responded.

Then confusion struck the crew like a hammer and nail. Various voices could be heard asking questions
About Equestria’s safety and about if Discord has really returned or not. Even the Validust, their captain was dumbstruck. Fuzzy with confusion, she snapped back to attention remembering the four vessels still on a intercept vector. “Feathershot, check the radars, make sure that we didn’t lose our four friends.”

“Got it ma’am, scanning now.”

“All right then. Lieutenant, see if your reach Equestrian command, they may want to hear about this.”

“Aye, aye ma’am.”

“The rest of you, get back to your stations, check for any anomalies, and check our onboard systems for any kinks. We need this ship in Tip Top shape” The rest of the crew responded with either salutes or ayes. Validust sat up from her command chair and started to walk around the command deck to make sure everypony was doing their job. Once done with that she returned to her chair and lost herself in her thoughts, as she always did. But for what seemed like hours in her head only turned out to be minutes to the rest of the crew. Suddenly she was snapped back into attention when one of her crewmembers called for her.

“Captain we may have situation.”

“Hm? What seems to be the matter?”

“Well you know the vessels that were on a intercept course, they apparently aborted that course and jumped into hyperdrive.”

“What, where are they heading?”

“Well from what the scans are telling me… Uh oh. It seems they are heading for… Equestria.”

“Are you bucking kidding me here? We can’t let ships who were broadcasting a message like that head for home! Who knows what kind of trouble that might couse.”

The lieutenant responded “ Ma’am Command isn’t responding.” Her face grew grim.

“Aw…Buck, If that’s the case then, I want you to plot a course for Equestria then, And make it quick we need to make sure that those ships didn’t cause a ruckus.” Validust commanded.

“On it ma’am.” Her hooves dashing across the keyboard, also calling out for assistance from her other crewmates for calculations and trajectory solutions. The entire crew was at work, focused on their task but also worried for what they might find.

Validust facehoofed herself, “Ugh… I was hoping I could relax today. Not worry about chaos… Today was supposed to be my own day off! ”




Tell me what you think of it!, i really want to hear your feedback, give me tips or suggestions. help me out here, this is my very first fanfic. im excited to see what you guys have to say.