• Published 12th May 2014
  • 293 Views, 0 Comments

Dreamer - midnightsong960



Midnight Song is a bat pony drummer in the band, the dark return. who is plagued by a strange dream constantly and doesn't know what it means and there's only one pony who could tell him what he needs to know but the truth may change his li

  • ...
 0
 293

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"How much longer must we wait?"

"You're going to like it here," I heard the caring voice of Celestia say. I was dreaming again and could do nothing about it. "So you must make sure that you try and make some friends okay Jack? Your name will now be Midnight Song and you will live in Canterlot. You will be allowed to do as you please, just so long as you do cause trouble," Celestia chuckled.

"What about my family," I heard myself ask. "What about Felicia?"

*******

I woke up to see the smiling yellow face of Mystic. "Hi," Mystic chirped, bouncing up and down. It had been a month since we had recorded our album and tonight was the midnight release. Ever since we had recorded, Mystic only had the record on her mind.

“Hi Mystic,” I unenthusiastically said, getting out of bed and stretching my wings out.

“You have to get ready,” Mystic said. “We have to be at the record shop in an hour.” I nodded and began to walk to my bathroom to get ready. My mind was elsewhere, however, I was still wondering about the dream.

Who is Felicia, I thought to myself. It doesn’t seem to be a normal pony name, maybe a pet that I once had. I pushed the thought out of my mind as I brushed my hair, trying to get into the mindset of the release. Yes, tonight we get to live Mystic’s dream. I walked back out and Mystic was impatiently tapping her hoof on the ground, but still smiling.

“That’s just creepy,” I said and began to head for the door, Mystic following beside me. When we walked out I was greeted by Power Chord, who seemed like he was about to collapse.

“Look who finally woke up,” Chord said annoyed.

“Looks like somepony needs to get some coffee,” Mystic patronized.

“What I need is for releases to happen in the day,” Chord huffed and started walking away. “Either way, we need to hurry on over to the record store.”

“Ok,” Mystic replied as we began to follow Chord. “But we are definitely getting you some coffee along the way.”

*******

“You have a good night,” Water Loo said to us as Mystic, Chord and I walked out of Vinyl Records.

“You too,” Mystic chirped back. Water Loo chuckled and went back into his shop.

“I’ll see you two tomorrow,” Chord said. We told him goodbye and he went off to his home.

“Come on Midnight,” Mystic said. “We have to go meet up with Splendid Service.”

"Who," I questioned as Mystic began dragging me around.

“She’s an old friend,” Mystic explained. “Don’t you remember her at all? She was the one who had a huge crush on you.”

I had no time to remember, before I knew it, a light purple bat pony with yellow eyes covered in dark purple armor had swooped down in front of us. It was a royal guard of the night, but what did he want with us?

“Are you the one they call Midnight Song,” The guard said in a gruff voice, pointing his hoof at me. I took a nervous step back and hesitantly nodded my head. “You have been requested to be seen by the Princess.”

The Princess, why in the world would the Princess want to see me? I’m just a normal pony, no different from any other pony on the street. I looked over at Mystic and she was just as dumbfounded as I was about this.

"W-what do you want with me," I managed to say. “I-I haven’t done anything wrong.”

“I know that,” The guard replied, trying to sound a little less threatening. “I was just told to bring you to the Princess.”

"He isn't going anywhere without me,” Mystic announced, stomping her hoof. I felt a slight wave of relief.

"Fine," the guard sighed. “Just come with me.” The guard the began to fly back towards the castle, Mystic and I following close behind.

******

“Here is Midnight Song,” the guard said while bowing. In front of him was a tall, blue alicorn mare with a mane that seemed to have the night sky flowing through it. The guard had taken us to the throne room of the castle and sitting at the throne was Princess Luna.

"I thank thee Starry Night,” Princess Luna said. “You may now leave us alone with this one.” The guard nodded and left the throne room leaving Mystic, Princess Luna, and me alone.

“Hey,” Mystic began. “What’s the deal with bringing us here?”

“How dare you speak to us in such an informal manner,” Princess Luna yelled. Mystic and I both jumped back in fear.

“I-I’m sorry princess,” Mystic cautiously said.

“Enough,” Princess Luna boomed. “Be gone with you, we have no need for you in here.” Mystic and I looked at each other, I noticed tears forming in her eyes, I nodded to her and she slowly walked out of the door. I looked back to where Princess Luna was sitting.

“Come closer subject,” the Princess said in a calmer voice. I carefully walked closer to the throne, making sure not to upset her. “That’s good, now do you know as to why we have summoned you here?” I shook my head.

"N-no Princess," I shakily said. “Why am I here?”

“That is also what we would like to know.” I looked up at the Princess confused. What did she mean she didn’t know why I was here, didn’t she ‘summon’ me?

"What do you mean," I asked.

"As you may know,” Princess Luna explained. “We are the guardian of the night, and with that role we must protect the night. Whether that is from beasts or even dreams, and you, Midnight Song, have lately been having a strange dream, have you not?”

“Yes,” I said shaking my head. “One where I am being brought into Canterlot with Princess Celestia, but what does that have to do with why you brought me here?”

"It has everything to do with why you are here,” Princess Luna said, coming off her throne and walking towards me. “You see, you aren’t supposed to even be in Equestria right now.”

=======================================================
Questions, comments, is your cutie mark telling you to be an editor and you want to fulfill that destiny? Then email me at midnight.song960@gmail.com
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is copyrighted by Hasbro, Inc.
=======================================================