• Published 3rd May 2014
  • 439 Views, 5 Comments

Battle For Canterlot - Coolmrfreeze



The Changelings have been increasing their attacks on The Equestrian Borders but now they feel is the time to strike. They march for the fair capital of Equestria....Canterlot. A call for aid has been issued. Who will answer ? For war is kindled.

  • ...
2
 5
 439

A speech to stir morale

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry, this chapter wasn't the problem, my friend wrote this, shes a grand writer, but don't judge this too hard, she's not a natural English speaker, I'll keep this short, this was a hiatus but now I'm back so expect new chapters soon :D her name is civviq, check her out on her profile at https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq+Writer

The tower was silent save for the clip-clop of hooves on the stone floor. From one side of the room to the other, and then back again. It was a short distance, there wasn’t much room in the round chamber. The pacing stopped as the door opened and closed, another set of hooves entering the room.

The first hoof steps sounded again. “Twilight,” Celestia said, walking over to her faithful student. She smiled softly. “How fortunate it is that you’ve joined us.”

Twilight looked at the standing Alicorn sheepishly. “Heh… sorry I’m a bit late…” She looked around the room and saw Luna sitting on a chair in front of the only table present. A small, lonely window was the only source of sunlight in the tower, but it was enough. Sunlight reflected off the grey stones, making it seem lighter than it was. A chalkboard was directly in the beam of light, a silly drawing of a huge sunny butt gracing the green. Twilight couldn’t hold back a small smile which she hid behind her hoof.

Luna spoke up. “May I inquire the cause of thy tardiness?” She was frowning a little, and Twilight sighed, smiling openly at the thought of the party. She blushed.

“I was… having some fun with my friends.” She chuckled. “Pinkie’s parties are quite the happening.”

Celestia smiled softly and nodded. “I understand.” Soon, her smile faltered and a serious expression dominated her features. She walked to the chalkboard and flipped it to its other side, but this side was clad with the likes of a huge moon-butt. Twilight snorted, near-inaudibly, and Luna’s frown deepened. Celestia only sighed and picked up the eraser, shaking her head, and started to wipe away the plot.

Luna sighed annoyed, “Whoever draws those incessant caricatures?”

Celestia chuckled, but didn’t answer her question, “You should lighten up a bit more sister.”

Luna tilted her eyebrow, “Lighten up?”

Celestia laughed and stood back, the board now blank. She turned around and looked back, serious again, she sighed deeply and took a deep breath before she started to speak.

“Now, as you know,” Celestia started, “The march will start in a few hours, Everypony is nearly ready to move out, And, this time, the paperwork is actually done…” She chuckled breathily. “So, we should go and hold our speeches shortly. But first… let me fill you in on recent events.”

Twilight nodded and took a seat. Celestia positioned herself in front of the board, the little stump of white chalk in her magic.

“As you might know… there will be some troops sent towards the island where everything is happening…”

Twilight nodded. “Yes… I know that. Do I still need to speak to them?”

Celestia played mindlessly with the stump of chalk in her magic, twirling it around. Luna followed it with her eyes, both intrigued and annoyed, Celestia nodded, smiling.
“If you could, please.”

Twilight nodded back, fiddling nervously with her hooves, looking down. “I… do have something prepared, although I am not sure if it is good enough…”

Celestia smiled. “I have full faith in your capabilities.”

Twilight smiled thankful and nodded. Then, Luna cleared her throat.
“So… now what?”

Celestia smiled and started to write on the blackboard, the chalk coming off the board in small whisps as the stomp went over the black. Thank goodness there was no screeching sound to be heard… Hooves and blackboards were no fun combination.

~

Twilight was shifting on the balcony. She would first put up her left leg, scratch her right leg, then look down at the murmuring soldiers, scratch her left hind leg with her right hind leg, fiddle with her hooves and look through the flashcards she prepared for just this moment. Two guards stood unmoving aside the door to the balcony. She fumbled slightly with her dress for the occasion. Celestia and Luna were nowhere to be found.

Of course, Twilight thought. They had their own duties to attend to. She sighed and shuffled once more before she walked up again, taking a deep breath. As she cleared her throat, the armed stallions and mares below would look up to her, standing alert. She looked down, stoically, trying to feign confidence, and started.

“Soldiers of Equestria…” she said, her voice echoing over the plaza. She winced slightly as she heard her own echoes, but regained her composure as she found that her voice actually sounded quite steady. “We need your help to defend our Equestria.”

She smiled softly to herself, a slight shadow none of the soldiers would be able to catch from so far below.
“A new threat has presented itself inside Equestria’s borders. It is up to you to defeat this threat and make sure our country is safe.”

She nodded. “And I know, you can do it.” She stomped her hoof to underline her message. “I know that you can defeat the threat, because you are Equestria’s army! You are the best of the best, the bravest of the bravest! You have battled many more and won! I am confident that you will win this battle too.”

She smiled, this time visible for all to see. “I… we, the princesses of Equestria, have all our confidence, all our faith in you. We know that you will not disappoint us. And I know that you will always fight for our homeland, our country, for our Equestria!”

The soldiers below grunted and shouted with her in unison, saluting. “For Equestria!”

Twilight smiled and nodded contently. She couldn’t help but feel slightly relieved, the speech had gone over well. No stumbles, no awkwardly silent crowd… She sighed inwardly from what could have been, and focused on what is. The imminent threat these brave soldiers were going to face.

When the captains started to shout orders, she knew that was her cue to retreat from the balcony, but as she turned around, she picked up a little sentence - the captain shouted.
“The Armies of the Crystal Empire - including their Captain and Prince - will be assisting us as well!”

And she stopped. Captain? Prince? She gulped.

Shining…

Her brother…