• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 323 Views, 2 Comments

A Respite - Night_Prism



Written in the loneliest part of the night, in a small, simple wish to escape the fears of truth, and instead enjoy that which could never exist

  • ...
5
 2
 323

The Beginning

Chapter 1

"GWAAAAAAHHHH!"

"This is your idea of a good time," screeched Gilda hovering above the crowd, "I've never met another lamer bunch of dweebs all my life! And... Pinkie Pie," she growled menacingly, her eyes narrowing, "You! You are queen lameo with your weak little party pranks. Did you really think you could make me lose my cool? Well ”, she said, landing and walking over to Rainbow Dash, wrapping her arm around her shoulders, "Dash and I have ten times the as much cool as the rest of you put together! Comeon Dash, we're bailing on this pathetic scene."

As she strutted towards the door, she failed to see the hardened expression that crossed Dash's face, or that her friend had failed to follow her out the door.

She stopped, initially surprised, then resorting to her former brutish manner, "COMEON Rainbow Dash, I said WE'RE LEAVING."

Dash's eyes became obscured for a moment, then opened to reveal a hardened gaze that bore into Gilda.

"You know Gilda? I was the one who set up all those weak pranks at this party."

Gilda paused for a moment, taken back, "What?"

"So I guess that means I’M queen lameo," Dash said, stepping protectively in front of Pinkie.

"Comeon, Dash, you're joshing me," Gilda's demeanor lapsing into a moment of concern.

"They weren't all meant for you specifically," Dash said, her head hanging down, "it was just dumb luck you set them all off."

"Oooh, I shoulda known that," Pinkie whispered to Spike, "That dribble cup had Rainbow Dash all over it!"

"No way," Gilda continued in her denial, "It was Pinkie Pie! She set up this party to trip me up! To make a fool of me!"

"Me?" Pinkie asked, surprised, "I threw this party to improve your attitude! I thought a good party might turn that frown upside down!"

"And you sure didn't need any help making a fool of yourself," interjected Dash. Stepping forward, with her wings outstretched on either side of her, she confronted Gilda directly. "You know? This is not how I thought my old friends would treat my new ones. If being cool is all you care about, maybe you should go find some new cool friends someplace else."

"MMmhg," grunted Gilda, her rage flaring up again, "You.. you are such a... an... uh... FLIP FLOP! Cool one minute, and lame the next. When YOU decide not to be lame anymore, give me a call."

The door slammed on her way out, shortly followed by the griffon's screech that echoed outside.

"NOT cool," stated Dash, her expression still hard.

"Wow," Spike spoke up, "talk about a party pooper."

The room descended into gossip, talking about the absurdity of the scene, yet they all failed to notice the onslaught of depression that threated to overcome Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

It's been a while hasn't it? Enjoy the prologue to my first fic, now with a more completed story. As always, constructive criticism is always welcome.

Shout out to my sister, who's unfortunately not a brony, but still awesome for being my editor. Who berated me for my horrible grammar mistakes :raritycry:. Love ya anyways though :pinkiehappy: