• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 1,841 Views, 17 Comments

Me, Myself and O'Malley - Bluecatcinema



Caboose finally confronts his split personality, with the fate of his romantic life at stake.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,841

Caboose and O'Malley

'After what O'Malley nearly did to Iron Hooves, I decided to stay locked up in my room, for the good of everypony, not to mention my sanity.'

"Caboose?" Daring knocked, standing outside Caboose's room. "Please come out. We need to talk about this."

"Go away, Daring." Caboose sighed. "I don't want O'Malley to hurt you... like he almost hurt Iron Hooves."

"Don't talk like that, Caboose." Dusty joined the conversation. "You can keep O'Malley under control. You always have."

"Something's different now, Dusty." Caboose sighed. "I can't control him anymore. That, or O'Malley hadn't been actually trying for the last couple of decades…"

"Sure you can." Dusty urged. "You just have to remind him who's boss."

"If only it were that easy." Caboose sighed.

"Well… here's some food, Caboose. We'll come by tomorrow, okay?" Daring slid some dinner under the door.

"Thanks." Caboose said miserably.

Caboose remained in his room all night and well into the next day, wallowing in self-pity. Suddenly, the door was knocked down, and his brothers Grimoire, Slot, Salt, Sonny, Murray, Vinny, and Lars entered the room.

"What the-" Caboose gasped. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I called them." Dusty declared, entering alongside Daring and Blueblood. "I wasn't about to let you go through this alone."

"So, O'Malley's been causing you trouble, eh?" Grimoire frowned. "I was afraid something like this might happen."

"But we never thought that O'Malley would try something like this…" Sonny stated, "Trying to run somepony through with a spear…"

"Yeah, Caboose… we never thought you had it in you to attempt murder." Slot chuckled.

"Slot, this is no laughing matter." Murray glared, "Can't you see Caboose is in distress here?"

"How exactly did O'Malley... come to be, anyway?" Daring asked.

Grimoire and the brothers exchanged grim looks.

"That was a while back..." Murray recalled. "Back then, Caboose was a lot less... well, a lot less Caboose."

"Lot less Caboose?" Blueblood asked incredulously. "How so?"

Salt continued in Murray's place. "He was an even-minded kinda guy. In fact, one might say that he was… well, normal. Sure, he wasn't as sunny as he is now, but he was pretty decent."

"However, it all changed when Caboose took a liking to this real sweet girl, Peaches Cream." Vinny relayed.

Caboose immediately cringed in remembrance of the name.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa…Caboose had a girl before Daring?" Blueblood gaped.

"That can't be right! Caboose told me he never dated. The closest he ever come was Donut… and she was a he." Daring explained, confused.

"It's something that Caboose doesn't like remembering." Grimoire stated truthfully.

"Yeah. Peaches was a pretty gal. Nice flank and everything. She meant the whole world to Caboose." Vinnie continued. "But they weren't actually dating. She was just leading him on, playing up to his affections for her, using him to get her stuff. One day, Caboose found out she had been going out with this other stallion all along."

"What?!" Daring, Blueblood, and Dusty gasped.

"That's horrible!" Blueblood declared.

"Yes it is." Caboose muttered, finally speaking, "Apparently, I wasn't 'stallion enough' for her."

"Stallion or not, it destroyed Caboose. At first, he was pretty much catatonic with shock." Lars recalled. "He wandered around like a zombie pony, acting like nothing had happened. It seemed that he had taken it quite well."

"But then one early morning, we got a phone call from the police, saying that Caboose had trashed the stallion's house." Grimoire frowned. "Only it wasn't him. According to the cops, when they took him in, he kept on calling himself O'Malley."

"Fortunately, we managed to bribe the cops to keep Caboose out of jail, and we had him tested. The doctor who looked at him told us all this malarkey about how Caboose's "sy-key" made O'Malley 'cause he couldn't take what happened to him." Slot declared.

"To be frank, Caboose was always a pushover." Vinny shrugged, "He almost never stood up for himself, and everypony always took advantage of him… including us." All seven of them gave a solemn nod of guilt, "And for the longest time, he would never get angry, no matter how bad he was treated."

"However, when Peaches cheated on him… let's just say Caboose had finally snapped." Lars explained.

"From then on, whenever Caboose got emotionally stressed, O'Malley would come out. In short, everything Caboose couldn't say or do, O'Malley could." Lars finished.

"We've all had to live with O'Malley ever since." Sonny sighed.

"That's so sad." Dusty sniffed. "Why didn't anypony ever tell me?"

"We didn't want to bring up old wounds for Caboose." Salt admitted, "That mare broke his heart."

"Well, that Peaches didn't deserve him anyway." Daring snorted, "That little b-"

"Anyways…" Grimiore cut her off, "When Caboose began shifting to O'Malley, we were deeply concerned that we would have to admit him to a psych ward. But…" Grimiore glanced at Caboose, "We couldn't do that to our brother. So we continued our lives like normal. O'Malley had frightened us at first, but as time went by, it seem like Caboose had a hold on him. Sure, there were times that O'Malley's intervention would cause problems, but there were also times where he came in handy."

"Like when Dr. Caballeron took us for ransom." Dusty recalled.

"Correct." Grimoire declared, "But deep down, I've always wondered if we did the right thing by not meddling. After what Dusty had told me, I'm starting to think we didn't."

"Isn't there any way to... deal with O'Malley?" Blueblood asked tentatively.

"Hard to say." Murray shrugged. "The doctor said that when a personality splits, it's not so easy to put it back together."

"But why is O'Malley acting up all of the sudden?" Daring asked, "I mean, why now?"

"We're not sure." Lars stated, "It could be that O'Malley himself had a lot of anger built inside as well, and yesterday, it had came to a breaking point. At first, O'Malley was simply a product of Caboose's anger and inadequacy as a stallion… and now, he is trying to become his own pony."

"So to put it simply… O'Malley is simply a chauvinistic brute with a anger problem, both things that Caboose himself lacks." Blueblood summed up.

"That's right. The only question is what to do now." Grimm declared.

"Well, I am just freaking out over here!" Caboose yelped. "Two days in a row, I nearly killed two innocent ponies, and horrified countless other ponies!"

"Caboose, Caboose..." Daring tried to calm him. "It's okay, we can figure this out."

Caboose pulled away from her.

"No... Daring, I don't want to hurt you." He said tenderly. "O'Malley could take hold of me any second now... or I might be him right now, disguising my voice and personality just to lure you all into a sense of security-"

"You are getting paranoid, Caboose!" Blueblood declared.

"Caboose? What if I'm not Caboose?" Caboose gasped. "What if I'm O'Malley, pretending to be Caboose?" He growled as he clutched his head. "I just don't know who I am anymore!"

"Caboose..." Daring whispered.

"Let me handle this..." Vinny said. He walked up to Caboose and slapped him. "Get a hold of yourself!"

"...Thanks, Vinny, I needed-" Caboose smiled, before Vinny slapped him again. "HEY!"

"You gotta focus now, ya nitwit, and say it! 'It's me, Caboose!'" Vinny urged.

"It's me, Caboose." Caboose repeated.

"That's right!" Vinny nodded. "Now, Caboose who?"

"Caboose who? I don't know. Who are you?" Caboose asked.

"Me? I know who I am. I'm a pony playing a pony disguised as another pony." Vinny rplied.

"What?" Daring asked, confused.

"You're a pony that don't know what pony he is!" Vinny told Caboose.

"Or are you a pony who has no idea what pony he is and claims to know what pony he is..." Caboose muttered, even more confused.

"What the buck are you two talking about?" Slot spluttered.

"...by playing other ponies." Caboose finished.

"I know what pony I am!" Vinny said, losing track of what he was saying.

"You're scared!" Caboose pointed.

"What?!" Vinny snorted. "I ain't scared! Scared of what?!"

"Or scared of who?" Caboose asked.

"Scared of who?" Vinny asked.

"Okay, we are getting way off topic here..." Daring sighed.

"Scared of you!" Caboose yelled, before glancing around dumbly. "Wait, what were we talking about?"

"...I don't know." Vinny shrugged in defeat.

"Meanwhile, back in sanity street..." Blueblood rolled his eyes. "I say we take Caboose to see Canterlot's top psychiatrists. I'm sure one of them will be able to take care of this O'Malley problem once and for all."

"It's worth a try, I suppose." Grimoire nodded. "Are we all agreed?"

Everypony in the room, except Caboose, nodded in agreement.

"If it means making life easier for Caboose once and for all, I will do anything." Daring smiled.

"Yeah." Slot smirked. "I've always hated that jerk O'Malley."

"What say you, Caboose?" Blueblood asked.

"If it means getting this monkey off my bac-GAH!" Caboose screamed, clutching his head.

"Caboose!" Everypony gasped.

In a flash, Caboose's face soon contorted into the familiar scowl of O'Malley.

"I'm going nowhere…" O'Malley roared. "I'm finally getting somewhere here, and I'm not stopping now!"

"You." Daring growled.

"You think I'm gonna let you take Caboose to some headshrinker, so he can get rid of me?" O'Malley snarled. "I don't think so!"

"But you think you have a choice?" Murray stepped forward. "Wrong."

"We are going to get you help like we should had done before. You're going, and that's that." Sonny snarled.

"Try and make me." O'Malley sneered.

"Gladly. Let's get him!" Slot cried.

As one, the Napoleon brothers dived at O'Malley. What followed was a struggle of epic proportions, as the seven tried to apprehend the rogue personality. Normally, O'Malley would have had his hooves full. But, heightened by self-preservation and determination to remain in control, he was fighting harder than ever. One by one, the brothers fell. Grimoire was the last, taken down by an uppercut.

"And that's that." O'Malley smirked. "Now, I'm in the mood for some air. Whattaya say, Daring? Wanna go for a walk with me? Maybe go somewhere quiet, if ya catch my drift?"

"Not a chance." Daring growled.

"Wanna bet?" O'Malley advanced on her.

"Don't even think about-" Blueblood stepped in front of Daring, but was smacked aside by O'Malley.

"I've been wantin' to do that for years. I mean, what kind of stallion uses perfume?" O'Malley sneered.

"O'Malley, don't do this!" Dusty declared.

"Oh, I've always liked you, Dusty." O'Malley admitted, as he gently grasped the mare with his magic, much to Dusty's shock, and gently move her aside, pinning her against the wall. "But there is no way I am going to play second fiddle again. So stay outta my way. I'd hate to haveta hurt ya."

With the last obstacle gone, O'Malley lunged for Daring, grabbing her around the waist.

"Gah! Let... me... go!" Daring struggled.

"No can do, Darlin'." O'Malley smirked. "You an' me are finally gonna have some alone time."

"Caboose... will stop you!" Daring declared.

"Fat chance." O'Malley snorted. "That loser had his time. It's the O'Malley era now, baby."

And with that, O'Malley dragged his captive out of the room.

'There I was, watching as the monster my mind created hurt the ponies I loved played out like a horror movie, while doing the only logical thing anypony would do in my situation…'

"HELLLLLLLLP!"