• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 892 Views, 11 Comments

Kill Your Heroes - pokefreak13



Fire Cracker tries to live through slavory in the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
2
 11
 892

A Hero

After King Sombra came into ruling, he promised us a better life. We all called him a hero. Man what idiots we were.
He forced the stallions to become brainwashed soldiers, killed the hope some of us still clung onto, and forced the mares and colts into slavery. Even now those brainwashed soldiers call him a hero. Well I say kill the hero and fight. However I'm getting off track. Here is my life as a slave for all you ponies to read.


I walked to and from workers. Caring water in a bucket and giving them a drink.
I came to a filly and lowered the bucket into his ditch. He wiped his brow, smiled at me, and started to gulp the water down. A soldier saw this, raised his whip, and struck the filly's back. I glared at the stallion which earned me a punch to the jaw. Then the soldier walked towards a large group of freshly caught rebels. I can already picture ten new gravestones in the cemetery.
I picked up the bucket and walked towards Mr. Green. An old chap who always wore a hat too big for his balding head.
"Here." I said.
Mr.Green looked at me gracefully and took a few gulps from my bucket.
Once he was done, I picked up the bucket and headed to the old well.
I was gathering some more water when I was suddenly tackled to the ground.
I looked up and saw a familiar blue face smiling down at me.
"Hay Fire Cracker." he laughed.
I wiggled out of my friends grip and gave him a playful punch to the arm.
"What was that for Finnick?" I asked.
He beamed and levitated a wanted alive poster right in front of my face.
I gasped at the familiar faces. Mom and dad!
"There's a good chance that they're still out there Fire Cracker." Finnick explained.
I bit my lip to hold back the tears.
My mother and father. Alive and out there in this dreadful kingdom! Maybe they even escaped and are on their way to tell Celestia and Luna about our issue!

I kissed my friend's cheek and he smiled.
Suddenly, a cannon fired and soldiers corralled everypony to the castle gardens.

Wounder who's going to die? I thought to myself.