• Published 15th Jun 2014
  • 371 Views, 15 Comments

Nightmare Fuel Anypony? - SolongStarbird



Collection of scary shorts to fuel your fear...

  • ...
1
 15
 371

The Threat to Threats

After the ricotta had been consumed, the snake of a tail had awoken, and an angry sabretooth had begun attempts to free her teeth, after the two ponies had left, that was when the sun had began to set, and the struggles made by the chimera had grown much more frantic, as if fear and the will to survive had teamed up to aid in a hasty liberation from the tree that they were ensnared on. It wasn't like one of the three sisters could escape and then aid in the others' removals. They were all attached to the same body, after all.

The goat had finally stopped savoring the ricotta and helped the snake remove her head from its wedged position in between the fork in the branches. All that remained was for the sabretooth to remove her fangs from the trunk of the tree, and the mysterious fearful drive promoted the sisters to help in pushing away from the wood, anything to get away and hide.

The sudden rustling of the foliage of the dark, yet occasionally lit fire swamp, caused the fear of the chimera to multiply as the struggle with the tree only intensified. Then it emerged from the treeline. The chimera stood there, paralyzed with the worst of fears: the fear that death itself follows. The snake and goat screamed. The sabretooth, not being able to scream due to the tree, just fainted.

The ponies think that chimeras are on the top of their food chain. They are not. The reason that the predator has never been revealed (and probably never will be) is because it sleeps during the day, and those who stay in the fire swamps at night, they don't come out.