• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 2,256 Views, 54 Comments

Fanged Feathers - Fanged Rainbow



Rainbow Dash gets bitten by a rogue Vampony

  • ...
5
 54
 2,256

Manehatten

Chapter Five: Manehatten

As Rainbow Dash reached Manehatten she was greeted by a problem, the sun was rising, and she had no shelter, so she immediately flew into an alleyway hoping to get some sleep. But she was woken by a foolish colt, who's curiosity had gotten the best of him.

Politely he asked "Excuse me miss, but why are ya sleepin' in an alleyway?" his accent was notably southern, almost like Applebloom's. But all Rainbow Dash could do was cover her eyes and redirect her vision from the inquisitive colt, who simply repeated his question, before sighing as he trotted away leaving a Bit behind, as a gift. Rainbow Dash however was too deep in thought to notice, she wished she hadn't been bitten, that she didn't have to kill, and part of her felt guilty for the mare that fell to her death, she could still see the scene, and hear the scream.

So Rainbow Dash kept on thinking about her new life, but her thoughts did eventually change, as she came to her senses she noticed the golden Bit the colt had left her, so she sat up to reach it. As the chilling winds blew through the alleyway Rainbow Dash began to observe her surroundings more, the chilling winds, the squeaking birds, and the bustling city outside of the shadows. Yet something was missing, joy, all that Rainbow Dash could do when she realized this was sulk, at least until that same colt arrived again, this time however with a nervous looking filly, her navy blue eyes shone like crystals, and her midnight black mane left Rainbow Dash with a horrific memory of Midnight Eclipse, as the mane styles matched perfectly.

As Rainbow Dash came back to her senses, she realized that the filly was cowering in fear and that the colt was staring with awe, then Rainbow Dash realized that her fangs were unsheathed, so she let her instinct and hunger take over, knowing that they knew too much she decided they would have to die.

But something was stopping her, and that something was reason, they were foals, no one would really believe them. so she turned her head away and wandered further into the shadows, yet she felt something tugging at her leg. It was the colt."Get lost kid, you don't want to be near me," Rainbow Dash hissed in response, causing the colt to quickly back away. Rainbow Dash just wandered into the darkness then, waiting for the night.

When she awoke the moon was high in the darkened skies, and the frigid winds blew,howling in the night. Then she noticed the colt was still their. "Miss, its nighttime, are ya gonna' wake up? Oh ya awake now!" Rainbow Dash snapped at the colt, and told him to leave. Which he did. Then she noticed Derpy staring down at her with a surprised look on her bloody face.

"Wow, i thought you were going to eat him," she said in an impressed tone, as she gestured Rainbow Dash to follow her. Derpy took Rainbow dash to an apartment building where several other Vamponies where hiding out. "We have been staying here for the last couple of days, did you know you were asleep for over a week?"

As Rainbow Dash heard that sentence a horrified look ran across her face "A w-week?" Derpy simply nodded and smiled chucking Rainbow Dash a carton.

"Drink" Derpy commanded, which Rainbow did, sucking the carton dry she savored the metallic tasting blood, a fact Derpy noticed. "I see you have taken a liking to your new food source then?" Derpy asked as if she already knew the answer.

"Tastes nice, but I don't like where it came from" Rainbow Dash gloomily replied before going to sulk in a corner, noticing Rainbow Dash's sorrow Derpy went and asked what was the bother, it was as expected, Rainbow Dash was still getting over being bitten, and how badly it has affected her.

But that was a problem for another time.

There were hunters outside, several of them, two of whom were at Rainbow Dash's previous encounter, and the group chattered to themselves, and seemed to be able to track Rainbow Dash to the alley way she was previously occupying. Vinyl called Derpy over to look, and Rainbow Dash joined them at the window, her curiosity getting the better if her.

"For buck sake" Rainbow muttered angrily seeing the Pegasus that had chased her threw the Ghastly Gorge who was currently scratching his head in confusion as he looked for clues. Derpy gave Vinyl a stern look, and Vinyl could immediately read Derpy's face nodded and trotted into another room before leaving with Lyra and Amethyst.

As she watched the others leave Rainbow Dash caught Derpy's smirk out of the corner of her eye. "Watch and learn Rainbow Dash," Derpy chuckled before continuing "Lesson five: Dealing with hunters, take notes Rainbow Dash, what their about to do outside is going to be crucial to know," Rainbow Dash nodded to that and began to watch the group of hunters, when Vinyl, Lyra and Amethyst walked into to view and quickly dispatch of the hunters, as brutally, and clean as possible. Rainbow Dash looked down at the seven corpses of the hunters, broken limbs and smashed skulls was most of the damage that had to be done, before they were drained dry like dying animals.

As Vinyl and Lyra walked back into the building Amethyst started cleaning up the corpses.

As Rainbow Dash's mouth broke into a frown Derpy sighed. "Im sorry Rainbow Dash, but this is vital for our survival, you know that, don't you," Rainbow Dash nodded sadly and looked Derpy in the eyes, but quickly broke her gaze and left to her room.

Rainbow Dash's room was small, a bunk bed that she shared with Amethyst, made of stainless steel, and navy blue walls lined the room, it was very basic, but it served its purpose. Amethyst walked in shortly after Rainbow Dash and sat on his bed, crying, it seems odd to Rainbow Dash so she asked what the matter was, Amethyst gloomily replied between sobs "I just had to kill my sister," Rainbow Dash didn't understand that, she had no experience to understand it with, so she lay in her bed as slept as the bright light called the sun rose in the frigid city skies.