• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 1,992 Views, 26 Comments

Welcome to my Life - Whiskers

  • ...
12
 26
 1,992

Chapter 2: Realization

Chapter 2: Realization

Applejack woke to the sun in her eyes. Wondering what the hay she was doing asleep so late, she sat up and heard a soft thump behind her. Looking back, she saw Rainbow Dash laying there, snoring and rubbing her belly with a forehoof.

Applejack didn't know what to think. Did she honestly just sleep with her new friend? What was wrong with her? Annoyed, she stood up and mentally kicked herself for being so stupid. What if Rainbow was one of them fillyfooler types? She didn't know otherwise yet.

Looking around, she realized they were in the barn.

“Hehe... At least we finished the applebuckin' a bit early this season..”

And it was true. Thanks to Rainbow Dash helping out as much as she was, they finished repairing their livingroom window and finished bucking every last tree in the Sweet Apple Acres a week ahead of schedule.

Looking back at her new friend asleep in the hay behind her, Applejack smiled. Rainbow actually looked.... girlish.. when she sleeps. The way her mane caressed her cheeks, her soft feathers, and how she smiled softly as she dreamed gave her a relaxed appearance, which Applejack had yet to see before this.

Sitting back down and watching Rainbow at peace helped calm Applejack down a bit about the sleeping with her. Applejack thought to herself:

“Shoo'.. Even if ah am a fillyfooler- WHICH AH AM NOT! ….ah think Rainbow Dash would make a good partner.”

Almost on cue, Rainbow breathed deeply, stretched, then opened one lazy eye and peered up at Applejack.

“Mhn... Mornin' AJ” she said with another stretch as she sat up. “what kinda chores do we have to do today?”

“None, thanks to you. We're done a week ahead of schedule this year. All that needs to be done is tidy up the barn and we can relax for the day.”

“Thanks to me huh? Well I know I'm awesome and all, but your welcome.”

Laughing out loud, Applejack pushed Rainbow back down into the hay.

“Don't be TOO modest now, Rainbow.”


Later that afternoon, the two ponies were laying on a hillside under the largest appletree in the Sweet Apple Acres along with Winona. All day, the thought of having slept together with Rainbow Dash has been bugging Applejack. She never thought she would have to deal with these thoughts, or the possible embarrassment of her family finding out. What if she is a fillyfooler after all?

Rainbow sighed. “So are you going to tell me what's bothering you or am I gonna have to beat it out of you?”

Smiling, Applejack looked over at her rainbow-maned friend.

“Well ah don't think you could beat it outta me if ya tried.”

Rainbow stood up.

“Wanna bet?”

Applejack tackled her before she was ready and pinned her by the wings.

“Yes. Ah think Ah DO wanna bet.”

Grinning, Applejack let Rainbow up.

Looking away, the cyan mare grumbled, “I wasn't ready...”

Smiling with a little bit of a blush, the orange earth pony walked back up to Rainbow and hugged her.

“Ah'm sure you weren't Sugarcube.”

Rainbow let Applejack hug her for a few seconds then backed away.

“Okay, okay, thats enough sappiness for one day. I'm gonna go take a nap now.”

Both ponies laid back down onto the grass. Not even a few minutes later, Applejack heard Rainbow snoring. Smiling to herself, she thought:

“Ah think if ah do turn out to be a fillyfooler, Rainbow is the one for me.”





Loyalty and honesty are two main components to the best of friendships. They allow for closer bonding and more intimate moments that would otherwise not exist. Wouldn't YOU like to have loyal and honest friends? I can think of two ponies who do.