• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 389 Views, 0 Comments

Big Mac's Journey to Nightmare City - cheesemeister



If the only thing Big Mac had to contend with on his journey to deliver the pies was a grouchy chimera, he'd have counted his blessings. Instead, he found himself in a dark counterpart of Equestria, faced with many perils.

  • ...
 0
 389

Harmony

“Guards, you’re excused!” Big Mac said authoritatively. “My team and I have some classified work to do here.”

The guards left. Big Mac stared in awe at the doppelganger of Discord, who was chained in the middle of the courtyard. Every now and then sparks of magic electricity passed into the body of the chimera, who writhed in pain.

“That’s horrible,” Big Mac said. “Can you set him free now?”

“Leave it to me,” Trixie said.

Trixie waved her wand. Bolts of energy struck the locks on the shackles holding Harmony in place. The shackles fell away. The chimera was free.

“Come on, Harmony, the Hour of Sunrise is almost upon us!” Trixie declared. “We need your energies to cast the spell to free Celestia and bring balance back to Equestria at last!”

“I only hope I have the strength,” Harmony sighed.

“You do,” Big Mac said. “I know you do. These mares—and this griffin—have spoke so highly of you. I know you can do what needs to be done. I believe in you!”

“Thank you, kind sir,” the exhausted chimera said. “If only I could have a drink of good clear water, I know I’d be fine. The water here is so murky and brackish. Nightmare Moon only allows her commanding officers to have clear water.”

“I’ll go wring some rain water from that cloud above,” Gilda said.

“Hurry,” said Trixie. “The Hour of The Shadowed Sun occurs in just ten minutes. Don’t let anyone see you, Gilda.”

“This cloak will hide me,” Gilda said. “I’ll be back in a flash.”