• Published 11th Aug 2014
  • 1,875 Views, 31 Comments

The Brony, The Scientist, and The Other one - fieeesh



A thrilling tale of Minecraft ponies and mods.With some other gubbins.

  • ...
10
 31
 1,875

A Challenger Approaches!

The training yard was a large hexagon of dirt with several dummies and targets spaced around a small arena in the middle. A white unicorn in Royal Guard armor walked over and saluted. I studied his face and then looked at his cutie mark, I instantly recognized him "Corndog pone! It's you." Everyone looked at me like I was insane except for Twilight who walked over and hugged Shining Armor.

"Hey, BBBFF these are the creatures we found."

Shining smiled and said. "Hey, Twily how are you?" He looked at me and said. "Why did you call me Corndog pone?"

I smiled. "Spoilers Shining spoilers."

Celestia shook her head and looked to Shining. "Shining we came here to test the combat capabilities of these creatures as they claim to be heroes. Would you help us?"

Shining smiled. "Of course Princess. I would be happy too." He looked at me first. "We will test your abilities first. Do you have a weapon?"

I didn't have a weapon, but I decided to test something. I reached inside my backpack and the Not Enough Items hud appeared. I smiled and pulled out a rose and a gold sword.Bowing deeply I presented the rose to Celestia and said. "For you ma lady, wish me luck." Several ponies gasped at my pulling the sword out of my backpack. Connor and Jared then started rifling through their pockets to see if they could duplicate the feat.

Celestia scowled at the rose but took it nonetheless. "Don't think you'll get a kiss."

"Not until after the match.No" I then walked into the ring with Shining who had his own blade, a slender piece of work wrought of steel. It reminded me of a falchion. Shining got into a defensive stance as soon as his hooves started to spread out I let my instincts take over. I sprinted at him blade low to the ground.He brought his sword up to block the attack but at the last moment I jumped, sailing over him. Once I landed behind him I brought the sword up in an overhead slash, he blocked and stumbled back. He ran at me and swiped at my midsection. I dodged and swung cutting him lightly across the cheek, he seemed surprised I hit him. He swung low and I blocked, stabbing at him, he jumped back, I brought my foot up and kicked him in the chest. He stumbled backwards, I decided to end the fight, swinging low I brought my sword up in a sweeping arc, knocking the sword out of his magic grip, I put my sword up against his chest and said."The point, game, match." I lowered the sword and smiled.

Celestia gently clapped at the show and said." Well, I believe you now that you have shown me your skill with a blade." She then surprised me by leaning over pecking me on the cheek.

I smiled and replied with." Well, I am skilled with a blade." I walked over to Connor and Jared, patted them on the back and said." You guys can't get items remember. That's what we agreed on." They nodded and resigned to the fact that they wouldn't be able to cheat my shop. The next two fights ended fairly the same although we did learn that each of us had a different fighting style, Jared used slow and powerful swings, while Connor had a fast and darting style akin to a snake.
Afterwards, Celestia left to go to the throne room as there was someone requesting an audience. We stayed with Luna as the rest of the Mane Six left to explore Canterlot. I could tell Twilight still had some questions but was saving them for later. Luna then showed us our rooms.

~20 Minutes Later~

As we walked along the royal hallway we heard a crash from the throne room, I quickly handed out weapons, to Connor I gave a manually rapier, Jared a diamond battle-axe, and to myself a shotgun. We looked inside and saw our first villain who has an Element of Harmony, Cpt. Bikke holder of the Element of Loyalty A.K.A the weakest boss we ever fought. He was standing in the middle of the throne room with about five pirates around him. Celestia was glaring daggers at him from her throne. We looked at each other and nodded, it was time to fight. Connor sprinted forward jumping into the midst of the pirates. Jared slammed into the nearest one and brought his axe down. I loaded my gun with incendiary slugs and ran towards Bikke, once I reached him I brought the gun up and pulled the trigger. His head exploded in a gruesome display, bone and grey matter sent flying.

Celestia walked over, visibly shaken from Bikke's headless body. "Well, then I guess that settles it you three really are heroes."

I looked at Celestia and said. "Celestia this is just the first boss we've got 19 more to fight before we can get out of here." I reached down and pulled the Element of Loyalty off of Bikke and tossed it to her. "There's a war coming and like the coming storm we won't be able to stop it. We'll just fight it." I walked away, heading in the direction of my room. I needed to review some information. I just hoped things didn't go exactly like I planned or else there might be funeral for one of us.

Author's Note:

THIS CHAPTER has been the most annoying thing in the world to write but it's done and I think that it is pretty good though not as long as I hoped.