• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 620 Views, 6 Comments

Sorrow - dedaccount



Der Ritter, better known as the Slender man, has run out of food in the human world. Seeking a new source of innocence amongst the dimensional planes of existence he comes upon Equestria. A land ripe with innocence.

  • ...
0
 6
 620

Memories

Celestia was pacing in front of her throne. A killer? In Equestria? In Ponyville more specifically. There had been killings long ago. Somepony would snap and end the lives of a few unlucky mares or stallions. But never phillies and colts. The strange mark on the children's chests seemed vaguely familiar, but she couldn't place her hoof on it. She had no recollection of white roses. And how did this pony kill its victims? There were no signs of puncture marks or strangulation. The forensic unicorns had detected no poisons either.

"Sister." Said the familiar voice of her sister Luna. "The gaurd is expanding the search for this killer into the Everfree forest."
"Let us hope they can find something there." Celestia said in response.
"Are you sure that you do not want Twilight Sparkle assisting in the search?" Luna asked. The last thing Celestia needed was her student droning on about the principles of criminal investigation. "No, it is better if she continued her studies."
"If you say so." Luna said under her breath.

"Luna?"
"Yes sister?"
"The mark on the chests of the victims. Does it seem...familiar tou you?" Luna thought for a minute.
"I do recall seeing it before. But I don't remember where." So it wasn't just Celestia. Her sister remembered it to.
"I am going to the library to see if I can find anything." She told her sister.
"I will let you know if anything happens."


Once Celestia was in the tower that held the library, she headed for the Starswirl the bearded wing. Once there she headed immediatly to the left, where a small star was engraved in the cobblestone. She lit her hor with magic and touched it to the star. A section in the wall about 3 feet long opened up revealing a jet black book with yellowed pages. She removed the book from the dusty wooden stand and began skimming through the pages. She stopped once she found the symbol. An X with a circle above. "I knew i saw it somewhere." She wispered to herself. She began to read the ancient text. Almost as soon as she began, the memories came flooding back into her mind. The dark suit, the symbol, and the face. More like the white circle that lacked in facial features. The more she read the more fear began to show itself on her face. How could this happen? She had banished this creature to the human world centuries ago. How could it have gotten past the barrier? She dropped the book an golloped to the throne room.