• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 2,647 Views, 56 Comments

A Dark Infection - DawnedDusk



A Sequel to Dark Magic: Two years after Midnight's defeat, Queen Luna is having trouble turning Midnight back into Twilight and also ruling Equestria. A shocking event draws back her progress, and now she must fulfill her promise before time run

  • ...
10
 56
 2,647

Can't Feel It

Twilight's screams filled the room. Her form was reduced to a early Midnight stage. In this vulnerable form the wounds she bared were taking full effect. She felt her neck tighten more and more, she was suffocating and choking slowly. Her eyes began to water and flood with tears. Streams of drool flowed out the corner of her mouth just as snot was making its way out of her nostrils. The mare rolled onto her back and held her sides, trying to conceal the pain.

Sombra watched her, enjoying her pain as if it were a show. “You see? That body would have failed me sooner or later. Without me, she must take the pain head on instead of a easy and slow ride. I was there slow down her death,” he spoke between chuckles, “ Nopony can ever truly save others life. They can only postpone their death. Now she must feel the pain of those she has killed and those who died for her as well.” The ghost directed his gaze onto BlueBlood who was frozen with fear. He was staring at the disturbing scene of Twilight's suffering.

“Do not worry, everypony but you will suffer the very same fate. Especially that Crystal Princess bitch. She will be the first to pay. Make no doubt about that,” Sombra informed. The stallion began to remember when the pink princess took his beloved crystal empire away from him before he slowly stalked towards BlueBlood with a wide cheshire smile. The ghostly king was waiting for this moment for a long time. “Now shall we get down to business?”

“What?” the white prince asked just before a weapon manifested from the ghostly king's shadow. It was a scythe like object with a sharp blade. It was a shiny black metallic like color. Sombera weapon swung down on BlueBlood, but he was able to move out the way before it sunk into his shoulder. BlueBlood rolled onto his hooves and scowled harshly at Sombra, but in the back of his mind he was confused and scared. “Why didn't you just take possession instead of giving me a chance to fight?”

“If I let you at least try, it gives you a sense of hope and I do so love taking the way. Besides, it wouldn't be fun if I immediately do so. Its funner that way. Like a game, and I ever do so love to win,” he chuckled before swinging again. This time cutting slightly into the prince's cheek. BlueBlood gritted his teeth together when the sharp object it. Now all he could feel was the warm red liquid drip down from his face.

“Sombra!” Twilight screamed the dark horse's name. The pain and the fear was forcing her to go insane. “Help me! Help me, I'm dying! Please!” her pitiful cries echoed around the room. Sombra became slightly distracted by this disturbing show.

Using this distraction, the Prince tried to manifest his own weapon, but failed to do so. His studies in magic weren't like that of others, so all he could do was run. Doing so made the prince feel so helpless and weak. The stallion ran towards the double doors to make an escape, but he was thrown off his hooves and near the broken body of Twilight. The harsh hit on the marble surface made him gasp for breath.

Sombra walked over to the two triumphantly, glancing back and forth at the pair. Twilight's breathing was slowing down as BlueBlood's breath was returning. Once it did so, he rolled onto his belly and tried to remove himself from the marble floor. The only thing he could do was to stand up halfway, leaving his legs sprawled on the ground.

“Oh, look look. The little pony princess is coming to her end,” Sombra snickered. His scythe like weapon vanished back into his form as he neared BlueBlood who was trying to look away from the dying pony. He curled around the white unicorn like a devilish snake and forced Prince BlueBlood's cranium look in Twilight's direction. She was kicking and writhing in pain like she was electrocuted. Her gaze switched back and forth to Sombra and BlueBlood. “How about we watch her die together,” Sombra chuckled. It was in that moment when BlueBlood knew what he had to do.

“Take me instead,” BlueBlood muttered under his breath. The shadow pony raised a brow, what was this sudden change in BlueBlood? When did he decide to play the hero role? Sombra wiped his mind of the thought and grinned widely, “I plan to.”

“I meant that I'll let you take over my body without a further fight if you let Twilight live,” the white unicorn plead, trying to make a deal with the dark stallion. The unicorn was technically selling his soul to the dark entitiy. “Keep her somewhere safe, I don't care what happens to me anymore. I just want her to-” the stallion was interrupted by a green static light that shot at Twilight. BlueBlood shielded his eyes before looking down at the princess. Sombra stood above her sleeping figure and muttered a single word, “Deal.”

Before the royal stallion could react, the shadow forced his ghostly form into BlueBlood. The stallion felt the unbearable pain of the mad king taking control. It was as if somepony was taking his legs and trying their best to twirl and shape them into any type of form.

A dark magical aura formed around his aching body. His shiny white fur was becoming a dark gray while his blond mane became a black flowing fire. His eyes slowly became red and green as he was nearing the final process. He could hear Sombra's crazed voice entering his mind.

What about your dear Luna? Aren't you afraid that you'll never see her again?

“No,” he spoke in between grunts of pain, “I know she will defeat you. And when she does, I may just get to see everypony again. I might die, but at least you'll die along with me.” The blue in his eyes completely disappeared. Sombra had finally taken over and he now stood tall.

The gray stallion strolled over to the unconscious mare and stripped her of his armor. He felt dominant and all-powerful. The stallion had finally won the game, well he at least had the upper hand in its play. Queen Luna was all he had to worry about now, once she was gone he would rule Equestria with an iron fist.

Sombra gathered dark magic into his horn before beaming it towards Twilight. Around her grew a crystal prison. It was the same one he had created when the purple pony discovered the crystal heart. This prison is now where the pony would spend her time from now on. “Twilight is somewhere safe as promised,” he mumbled to himself before directing his gaze to the portrait of Celestia.

“Death to the Sun,” he shouted before using his magic to burn the painting into ash. He grinned widely before casually walking over to the balcony. He gazed down at the frozen citizens before shards of crystals shot up from the ground in all directions. Some of them even pierced the bodies of Canterlot's citizens. Sombra looked to the sky which was becoming a dark red and dark clouds were shrouding it all around.

“Death to the Moon,” he finally spoke, “Once I spill blood across this damn land, all will bow to me. I will be their God and I won't feel a thing.”

Author's Note:

DUN. DUN. DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I was listening to Dr. Horrible's Sing A-Long when writing this chapter. It seemed to fit the whole story so its still literally playing in my head. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT anyways, hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

I got the flu btw so I feel like utter crap.