• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 2,297 Views, 8 Comments

Equestrian Techno-Wiz - Wildcard25



Science and Robotics genius Iggy Douglas through a mishap with one of his inventions finds himself transported into a magical world of ponies and magic.

  • ...
5
 8
 2,297

Welcome to Ponyville

Iggy stepped off the train with the girls and Spike to see the town he arrived in, "So this is Ponyville?" Iggy asked the group.

"Ya darn tootin'." Applejack nodded.

"Come on we got so much to show you!" Pinkie cheered as the group started leading Iggy on.

So Iggy was following the group through the town, where the young teen saw multiple ponies off all three normal types roaming around. As he walked, the pony inhabitants of the town upon noticing Iggy with the town's famed group looked upon him with looks of curiosity, confusion, and stun. As Iggy walked, he noticed all the pony folk giving him looks, and thought to himself, 'I shouldn't be surprised at such a reaction from this towns inhabitants, but still a part of me feels irked.'

Twilight noticing Iggy's discomfort whispered to the girls, "Iggy's already receiving looks of distaste from the others. I hope we can convince everypony here to to be accepting of him."

"Don't worry so much, Twilight," Pinkie whispered, "All we have to do is show everypony how wonderful he is."

"And how?" Twilight asked dryly.

"Give it time." Pinkie answered.

"You know I can hear you?" Iggy reminded them, making the group feel awkward.

"Sorry, Iggy," Twlight apologized, "Believe me the last thing we want is everypony here to judge you badly."

"But they've learned not to always judge a pony by their appearance." Rarity explained, while remembering the incidents with Zecora and Princess Luna.

"Thanks girls, but judging from their looks I could be getting them for quite awhile." Iggy replied.

"Just give them a chance, partner." Applejack encouraged him.

"If you say so," Iggy answered, "At least no one's screamed yet."

"A HUMAN!" a voice shouted startling the group, while Spike actually fell over. Iggy was in a panic thinking he was about to be attacked, until he saw a unicorn pony gallop over to him while dragging an earth pony with her. The unicorn had a light aquamarine colored coat, brilliant gamboge colored eyes, its mane was pale light grayish cyan with a bit of white, and its cutie mark was a lyre. The earth pony had a beige coat, pigment blue mane with a rose pink streak, cerulean eyes, and a cutie mark of three bows. The two skidded to a halt as the unicorn eyed Iggy with excitement while speaking to the earth pony, "See Bon-Bon, I told you I saw a human!"

The earth pony identified as Bon-Bon spoke while rolling her eyes, "Yes Lyra, you told me."

"Wow. I've never seen a human up close before." The unicorn known as Lyra circled Iggy, who was feeling awkward at what was happening.

"Well I guess this is better than anyone screaming in fright." Iggy said to the girls.

Lyra gasped and got in front of him, "And humans do talk just like us!"

"Excuse me?" Iggy asked, feeling confused by this unicorn's sudden enthusiasm.

Lyra seeing she was making a fool of herself calmed down, "Sorry for startling you, but I happen to be a studier of anthropology."

"You study humans?" Iggy asked.

"Yes. My name's Lyra Heartstrings, and this is my friend Bon-Bon." she introduced to the two.

"Hello." Bon-Bon greeted him respectively.

"Hi." Iggy greeted her and Lyra back.

"What about you, what's your name?" Lyra asked with interest.

"My name's Iggy Douglas." he introduced himself.

"Iggy Douglas." Lyra repeated.

"I'm terribly sorry for Lyra's excitement," Bon-Bon apologized to Iggy, "She's just always wanted to meet a human even though they're regarded as myths."

"Well not anymore!" Lyra announced as she gasped at seeing Iggy's hands, "Human hands," she looked up to Iggy, "Uh may I?"

Iggy seeing what she wanted, didn't want to seem rude, "Uh sure." he held out his right hand to her.

Lyra got on her haunches and took his hand into her hoof, marveling at how soft his palm felt, and how each of his fingers just twiddled, "So beautiful." she awed.

Iggy starting to feel more disturbed looked to the girls mouthing them to help him. Twilight approached and made some space between the unicorn and the human, "Sorry to cut your admiration short, but we really have to get going." she started escorting Iggy away. As the group walked away, Pinkie leaned into Lyra and Bon-Bon whispering something to them. They nodded before galloping off.

As the group carried on, Iggy spoke, "I don't know whether I should have felt honored or awkward someone from this world had such an interest in my species."

"Take whatever compliment you get and don't ask questions." Rainbow noted him.

"Duly noted," Iggy answered as he continued looking around the place seeing there were no phone lines. Curiously he spoke up, "Say how do you pony folk keep contact with each other?"

"Through letters of course." Twilight answered.

"Just letters?" Iggy asked, "I can imagine it must take awhile for the six of you so send something and wait for a response."

"Actually whenever we send a message to Princess Celestia we don't normally have to wait long." Twilight explained.

"Why do your 'mail ponies' fly fast like Rainbow?" Iggy asked using air quotes.

"You'd wish." Rainbow answered, as Spike spoke up.

"Twilight uses me to send messages to the princess. I have magical flames that can transport any letter to the princess just like that. And she can use her magic to transport a response back just as fast."

"Interesting," Iggy admitted and thought, 'Not like phones, but at least mail can travel faster than it can back home.'

They walked as Iggy looked seeing a tent place, "What's this place?"

Rarity seeing what he was looking at answered, "Why this is Ponyville's spa, Iggy. The ponies there are naturals at making anypony feel as good as new."

"A spa? Never been to one of those before." Iggy admitted.

"Then you have been missing out on a lot." Rarity gasped.

"Well my dad occasionally says I spend a lot of time in my lab," Iggy admitted, "But when you're a super genius and no longer need an education you tend to have a lot of free time on your hand."

"No longer need an education?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Yeah I completed all my education levels," Iggy answered, "I haven't gone to school since I was ten."

"Whoa. You really must be smart." Applejack noted.

"Yeah," Iggy admitted, "Though not needing to go to school anymore does lower my chances of meeting others."

"Don't you have any friends?" Fluttershy asked in worry.

"Plenty," Iggy admitted, "I may not be a student, but I keep in contact with my closest friends that I did go to school with. Still waiting for classes to get out so I can contact them is a pain. Summer is about the only time I can truly see them without any interruptions."

"Well don't you worry, because we're gonna help you make more friends here!" Pinkie beamed while putting a hoof around Iggy.

"Thanks." Iggy brightened up.

As they walked past Rarity's shop, the fashionista spoke up, "And this is where I live and work. Carrousel Boutique."

"And you make dresses and suits?" Iggy inquired.

"Correct." she answered.

"You should see the stuff Rarity designs, they're sooooo good." Pinkie added.

"Oh Pinkie, you flatter me." Rarity chuckled in flatter.

They walked past the library as Twilight spoke, "Spike and I live here at Golden Oaks library."

"This is a library?" Iggy asked, while studying the tree.

"That's right." Spike answered.

"Hmm... I may have to do some history studying here." Iggy stated.

"Well we have all kinds of Equestria history books for you to study." Twilight admitted.

"Cool." Iggy said, only for Rainbow to nudge him along.

"Yeah-yeah. Study and history. Let's move along."

Iggy looked ahead and saw they were heading to what appeared to be a farm with a large orchard of apple trees, "Whoa. Is this the farm you were talking about, Applejack?" he asked the earth pony.

"That's right," she answered, "Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres."

"Sis!" a young voiced called as Iggy looked seeing two more ponies approach. The first was a young filly with a yellow coat, orange eyes, red mane, and a pink bow in her hair. The second was a stallion with orange mane, a red coat, green eyes, a cutie mark of a green apple sliced in half, and wore a horse collar. The bigger one was carrying a huge cart of apples.

"Howdy yall," Applejack greeted the two, "What perfect timing. I got somepony here I'd like ya to meet," he brought Iggy over, taking the two by surprise, "I'd like yall to meet Iggy Douglas. Iggy this here's ma sister Applebloom and ma brother Big Macintosh."

"Nice to meetcha." Iggy greeted them.

"Wow, what are you?" Applebloom gasped, as she observed Iggy.

"He's a human, Applebloom." Twilight explained.

"A human?" The filly asked in confusion.

"Yeah," Pinkie answered, "He's from a whole other world different from our own."

Applebloom looked up at Iggy in wonder before smiling brightly, "I wanna take ya to show and tell!"

"Huh?" Iggy raised a brow, as Applejack calmed her sister.

"Easy there sis. Don't be givin' our guest a scare."

Big Mac approached Iggy, and extended a hoof, "Welcome to the farm, Iggy."

"Thanks, Big Macintosh," Iggy shook his hoof, "So you all grow apples here?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac nodded.

"We grow the best apples here in Equestria." Applebloom added.

"Here. Try one and see for yourself." Applejack took an apple from the cart and handed it to Iggy.

Iggy looked at the tasty looking fruit, before taking a bite out of it. The group watched him chew and swallow, before waiting to see his reaction. Iggy's eyes widened as he spoke, "This has to be... the most juiciest apple I've ever tasted!" he cheered, before continuing eating the delectable fruit. The Apple siblings smiled seeing how satisfied he was with their products.

"Glad ya like 'em partner." Applejack smiled.

"You guys seriously know how to grow good apples." Iggy added as he finished it.

"It's our specialty." Applejack noted.

"Eeyup." Big Mac nodded.

Pinkie leaned into Iggy and spoke, "If you think that's something, just wait till you try some of the treats at Sugarcube Corner."

"Sugarcube Corner?" Iggy asked curiously.

"Yeah. It's only the bestest place in all of Ponyville!" Pinkie bounced around.

"I'll believe it when I see it." Iggy answered skeptically just to tease her.

"Well then let's go." Rainbow said as the group left the apple farm.

"Meetcha there!" Pinkie zipped off.

"What's she in a hurry for?" Iggy asked the group, who looked as if they had something to hide, but Twilight answered.

"Pinkie just loves to be there first."

"I see." Iggy answered but knew there had to be a deeper reason.

Soon they were back in town as Spike motioned up ahead to their destination, "There it is. Sugarcube Corner."

Iggy looked at the building and gasped at its gingerbread house design, "Whoa. It looks good enough to eat."

"Well hope ya got plenty of room," Applejack warned him, "Because Pinkie and the Cakes make some of the most delicious treats."

"They're absolutely spectacular." Rarity added.

"Guys!" Pinkie called as she was waiting by the entrance, "What took you so long?"

The girls rolled their eyes as they brought Iggy in, only to see the place was dark, "Hey why's it so dark in here?" the boy asked in confusion.

Suddenly the lights came on, and to Iggy's surprise saw just about every pony inhabitant in town gathered together, "Surprise!" the group called.

"What the... What is all this?" Iggy asked in shock.

"It's your surprise welcome party, Iggy." Pinkie explained.

"Welcome party?" Iggy asked, while raising a brow.

"Yeah. To show you you're welcome in Ponyville." Pinkie added.

"And all these ponies came just for me?" Iggy asked her.

"Well duh."

"How were you able to put all this together so fast?" Iggy asked in confusion.

"Never underestimate a pony with a love for parties like me." Pinkie explained like she was a secret agent.

"Come on, Iggy. It's your party after all." Rainbow said, as the girls brought him over to get to know the other ponies, along with trying out some of the goodies and baked goods made for the party.

"Mm, this is delicious!" Iggy beamed as he ate some cake, before turning the the Cake couple, "Mr and Mrs. Cake, you two make a scrumptious cake."

"Well thanks, Iggy." Carrot Cake answered, while feeling honored at his compliment.

"We do our best to please our customers." Cup Cake added as the couple nuzzled each other.

The Mane six gathered around Iggy seeing how much he's sampled of the sugary treats, "Wow and I thought Pinkie could clear a table." Rainbow gasped, while Pinkie herself looked shocked at how many plates he's cleared.

"That can't be good for somepony like you." Twilight noted, recalling how Spike once ate a whole tub of ice cream and got a stomach ache from it.

"Actually sugar is very good for the brain," Iggy admitted, "You'd be amazed at how much eating sugar has benefited the growth and stimulation of my intelligence... And give me the occasional sugar rush." she finished sheepishly.

As the party continued, the doors opened and entering were two Pegasi guards, followed by Celestia and Luna, "The princesses." a pony gasped as every pony in Sugarcube Corner bowed to them.

Iggy seeing every pony gathered including Twilight and her friends bowed to the princesses, did so as well. Celestia smiled and spoke up, "Greetings everypony. You may rise." obeying her command, they all rose up.

"We had a feeling you'd all be here." Luna spoke to the six.

"Well you're just in time." Pinkie replied.

"We're so glad you two could make it." Twilight added.

"Well we had to see that our honored guest is enjoying himself of course," Celestia smiled before noticing Iggy, "Are you having a good time here in Ponyville, Iggy?"

"The best, Princess," Iggy answered, "Ponyville's quite the place. And the residents here have really proven to be hospitable... After they stopped eyeballing me." he chuckled to himself, making the girls chuckle with him.

"Well we're glad our fellow princess and her friends could make you feel welcome in their home town." Luna said.

"You've all done well." Celestia congratulated the girls and Spike.

"Thank you, Princess." the group thanked her.

"Now that they're here, the party can really get started!" Pinkie cheered as she pulled Vinyl Scratch the DJ unicorn onto the scene with her turntables, and began doing what she does best.

As he started remixing, Iggy started moving his shoulders, "This is a catchy beat."

"Well come on." Pinkie pulled Iggy out of his seat and brought him to the center to join the dancing ponies.

Iggy slowly moved to the beat, until he got more relaxed and eventually danced with the rest of the party goers. When Iggy started doing the robot, Rainbow spoke up, "What kind of step i that?"

"This Rainbow is called 'The Robot.'." Iggy explained as he continued to do the robot like a pro. The ponies were impressed as some tried it out themselves, but weren't as good at is as Iggy. As Iggy continued to enjoy the party he thought to himself, 'Maybe being here won't be so bad after all.'

After a long day of partying and getting to know the rest of Ponyville's inhabitants, Iggy was brought back to Canterlot castle with the princesses. Inside his guest room, Iggy was on the floor surrounded by tools given to him by some of Ponyville's residents to use to reconfigure his communicator. The door opened, and the princesses entered, "Iggy?" Luna asked.

"Oh. Evening princesses." Iggy greeted them, as they approached him.

"We've just stopped in to inform you dinner will be prepared shortly." Celestia explained.

"Ok. I'll be there." Iggy nodded.

"And how are your adjustments going?" Luna inquired, as she watched him work.

"Well slow," He admitted, "These tools here are more primitive than the tools I'm used to working with back at my lab. But it's better than working with nothing," he looked at his communicator watch and gasped as he saw it beeping a bit, "Hold on. I think I got something." he made a few more adjustments, as he stood up and clicked his communicator to project a rectangular transparent screen that was hazy. The two princesses were curious, as they watched Iggy continue to check his communicator.

"Gizmo? Gizmo, come in," Iggy ordered, as he kept trying to get a stronger signal, "Gizmo, do you copy?"

Suddenly the three heard a voice coming from it, as the screen was getting less fuzzy. Suddenly Gizmo's face appeared, "Iggy, this is Gizmo. I read you loud and clear."

Iggy sighed in sweet relief, "Oh thank goodness I finally got through to you."

"As am I. I've been trying to get through to you myself, but the signal was coming up with no results," Gizmo replied, until he saw the two princesses next to his master, "Uh who are those two with you?"

"They're friends of mine." Iggy explained.

"Well where are you, Iggy, are you all right?" Gizmo inquired in worry.

"I'm perfectly fine, Gizmo."

"Well that's a relief. I was worried about you when the viewing window sucked you in." Gizmo answered.

"Speaking of which, how's it looking?" Iggy wondered.

"Well not as good as you'd hope," Gizmo answered in guilt, "The repairs to it are coming along slowly without your genius to help."

"Isn't there anything you can do with it?" Iggy asked with hope.

"Right now it only has power to transport non-living material." Gizmo explained.

"So what would happen if you tried opening it up and I tried to come back through it in its current state?" Iggy wondered.

"The pressure of you trying to cross through it would tear you up molecule by molecule." Gizmo warned him.

"Ouch." Iggy cringed, while the princesses could also feel that sounded uncomfortable.

"Yes. However I can send you some supplies from here for you." Gizmo replied, to lift his creators mood.

"Well that's comforting," Iggy admitted, "See if you can send me some spare clothing and some more of my tools."

"Yes sir."

"By the way," Iggy continued, "Does dad know I'm missing?"

"Oh good heavens no," Gizmo answered, "As soon as you disappeared I activated your robo-duplicate to stand in for you. It's a good thing your dad's not perceptive enough to tell the difference between the real you and your robo-you."

"Thank God." Iggy sighed in relief.

"I'll be sure to alert you the moment I make more progress with the repairs to your machine." Gizmo promised.

"Thanks, Gizmo."

"No problem. Just be careful in whatever world you're in. I don't want to lose my own creator, and I know your father wouldn't want to lose you. Over and out." Gizmo saluted as the screen vanished.

Iggy sighed in relief that he at least now had communications to his world, as Celestia spoke, "Who was that sentient creature, Iggy?"

"That was Gizmo, my robotic assistant," Iggy explained, "And with him trying to repair my machine I feel much better knowing I'm not going to be here for the rest of my life. After all I got a lot of stuff I want to do with my life."

"Such as?" Luna pondered.

"Well I want to see the Smithsonian for one thing." Iggy explained.

The two sisters looked at each other in confusion before the two asked, "Smithsonian?"

Iggy chuckled, "Long story, but I'll tell ya later. After all this tinkering I'm famished." he chuckled as he and the two sisters left the room to grab dinner in the dining hall.

Back in Iggy's world inside his lab, Gizmo was constantly making repairs to his master's machine, "Don't worry master, I'll make sure the portal is repaired fully so i can bring you home. Because if your father finds out you're in another world, it's the scrapheap for me." he shuddered.