• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 1,474 Views, 17 Comments

Friends in High Places - BeanPole



Rainbow Dash has finally joined the Wonderbolts! How will it affect her life?

  • ...
6
 17
 1,474

Puppet and Master

Chapter 4 - Puppet and Master
--------------------------

Somewhere far below the depths of Equestria's deepest caves, an evil force gathered strength. Fifteen years he had been imprisoned here by that wretched Celestia. The whole time he had tried to escape, but the magics that bound him here in this statue-like state were too strong, even for him. But over time constant attempts have worn away at the shielding, allowing him to reach out in short bursts to affect minor things. A decision here, an action there, all in preparation for his inevitable escape. The magic that held him down was cracked, all he must do now is put a wedge in it and tear it apart. But still he waited, he waited for the opportune moment to break the chains. He delved deep into his mind, into the plot that was already months underway. He saw his target, that 7 colored pegasus that called herself the element of loyalty. He had reached out to her many times before, had made her think she was late when she left Ponyville. He had mede her drink just a little too much before that other pegasus had arrived. He laughed to himself, the low pitch of his voice echoing throughout the cavern that was his cell. The Rainbow colored pony was slowly growing ever so distant from the rest of her friends, the ones who bore the 'Elements of Harmony' the only ones who could defeat him. But as soon as the blue pegasus was out of the picture, he would be unstoppable. He reached out to her once more, his hands resting on the strings that controlled her life, the low rumble of laughter echoing as he bent the innocent pony to his will.

----------------------------

It had been a particularly tiresome day of training. The new formations and routines they were trying were very demanding but Spitfire was certain they could pull it off. Tired and sweaty the Wonderbolts all showered and got ready for rest and a free weekend. Dash had set aside time that weekend to go back to Ponyville to visit her friends. She had planned to wake up early in the morning and leave, arriving in Ponyville to surprise her friends.

"Hey Dash!" It was Spitfire, she was walking towards Dash. "We were planing to go to a publicity event tomorrow, you gonna be there?"

"I'd love to but i was going to go visit my friends back home this weekend." She felt an all to familiar pull on the back on the back of her mind, the same one she had felt many times over the past month. She had begun to trust it, usually she willingly did what the feeling demanded. However this time she tried to fight against it and not follow what it said. But this time the pull seemed urgent and necessary, like something needed to happen. Then something happened that had never happened before, it seemed to control her and it forced her conform to its will. "But, they can wait, this is more important."

Dash couldn't believe that she had heard herself say it. She had no control over her body now it seemed to pull ever so stronger against the walls of her head. She started to hear a low laughter, but it was only a whisper. The pulling turned into a headache and she lost all control over her thoughts and actions.

"Ok Dash, be up bright and early tomorrow, we wouldn't want to keep the crowd waiting." Spitfire smiled at her and walked away back into the lounge.

------------------------------

Still he sat with his hands on the strings. He had been more aggressive this time, he had pushed harder than he ever had with his little puppet. But thats all she was to him, nothing but a puppet, a meaningless pawn. This time he had full control, a root for his power that he could stay latched on to indefinitely. from here on out, the Rainbow mare would have no free will at all. She would carry out life as if it were her own, she wouldn't even know that he had control, and she wouldn't remember a thing. Once more the laughter filled the cavern while the hands of Discord played on the strings of Rainbow Dash's life as if it were a simple violin.

--------------------------------

After Dash showered she went back to the lounge. Soarin was sitting on one of the many couches around the lounge. He beckoned for her to come sit with him. She complied moving over to him and sitting down. She nuzzled up to him and kissed him on the cheek. She couldn't wait to spend the weekend with him.

"Heya Dash," he smiled at her, "good flying today!"

Dash joked at him, "thanks, but don't you think we are a little past simple small talk?"

"Well what do you wanna talk about?" Soarin winked at her, "we could go buck right now."

Dash was taken aback by the sudden and blunt comment. "Shhh! Don't say that kinda stuff around others!"

Soarin laughed again, "Its not like the others here don't know. I'm pretty sure you keep them up all night every time we do it anyways."

Dash visibly blushed, "am I really that loud?" seeing her obvious embarrassment Soarin put a leg over her and held her close, doing his best to comfort her.

She went to bed with Soarin that night, the embrace of his wing over her body providing warmth and comfort. She fell asleep quickly with a smile on her face. However, her dreams that night were not good. They were of a dark cavern with an evil laughter seeming to come from the walls themselves. A puppet danced around the room, the only light in a pitch black darkness. The laughter got louder and louder and the puppet danced closer until Dash was the puppet, dancing around the room to the sound of an evil laughter which penetrated every fiber of her being. She awoke in a cold sweat, her heart racing, and she had no idea why.