• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 991 Views, 25 Comments

The Chronicles of Star Well - Eragon5055



Star Well finally decides to go to Ponyville. This somehow leads to a war.

  • ...
 25
 991

Battle at Ponyville: part 3 (Ch. 9)

Chapter 9: Battle at Ponyville, part tres


"See! I told ya! There really is a giant bug and a ninja goin' at it in front of Twilight's!" Applebloom exclaimed. The red headed filly had been on her way to meet up with the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders when she saw the action. So she did want any young filly would do, she went to get her friends.

"Why are they fighting?" gasped the white unicorn, "Rainbow looks hurt...and who is that blue guy? I never seen him before and he looks in worse condition then Dash!"

"Never mine him! Girls, do you see what I see?" said the orange colored pegasus. She pointed her hoof to the library and stated, "There's somepony in Twilight's tree!"

"Is that... Miss Rarity?" gasped Applebloom.

"Sis! Girls, we have to help her!"

"Calm down Sweetie Belle! Once Rainbow gets back on her hooves, she'll show that monster a thing or two!"

"Scoots, I not even sure they know that Sweetie's sis is in that tree."

"What do you think we should do then?"

"I think we should be... the Cutie Mark Rescuers!" shouted Applebloom

"Now THATS what I'm taking about!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"Come on girls, we've got rescuing to do!" Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom all started running toward the library. The other two fillies did not notice when Scootaloo turned her head to the action. She her eyes focused at the ninja pony as she was getting back up on her hooves.

"Be careful sis," she whispered as she turned her attention back to the task at hand.

....................

If this new ponies plan was to draw She-Who-Stalked-Silently's attention, she had most certainly succeeded. The mantis eyes were blood red with fiery as she out stretched her arm, flames erupting from the blade. She swung her blade at the new combatant, sending a wave of fire and heat at the pony.

Trixie did not move as the attack reached it's target. The mantis was surprised however when her attack passed through the pony, making an impact on a lamppost behind her instead. The pony, instead of burning dissolved as if she was made of mist. SIlent realized that what she had attacked was an illusion and five other Trixies popped out from behind walls and lampposts to surround the mercenary.

"If you surrender now, the Great and Powerful Trixie might go easy on you." All five Trixie's horns started to crackle with electricity in unison around the mantis. The mantis responded by setting her second blade ablaze and striking the ground. The flame burst in all directions around Silent, destroying all Trixie's images. Electricity surged toward the mantis from an invisible source behind the mercenary. The mantis turned to see the attack and tried to react when a white clothe stuck the ground in front of the lightnings path. the attack hit cloth and was harmlessly channeled into the ground.

A second clothe came down at the source of the electrical attack causing a mare to shimmer then appear as she dodged the attack. Trixie, surprised by the attack and the ease the enemy had found her when using her invisibility spell, looked up to see a giant flying moth, bipedal in nature. Its hands were scrolls in which both strands of cloth had materialized from.

The clothe retracted back into the scrolls as the creature land next to the mantis, its wings wrapping around itself like a cape. "She-Who-Stalked-Silently, I see your having a little trouble with your targets and have seemed to attracted a rather large crowd. You don't seem to be living up to your name."

"I don't care about your appraisal, Gypsy Of Linen. All I want to know are done sealing the first target."

"Obviously, or I wouldn't be here. I even manage to catch another target while I was at it. Please, your lack of faith in me is disturbing."

"Wait, you can talk?" Twilight interjected, "If you can talk, why are you attacking my friends?"

The mantis turned to face the mare but remained silent, the moth on the other hand turned and smiled devilishly at Twilight. "The answer for that is simple, because our Queen demands that you and your friends be brought to her. I would also avoid trying to engage my constituent over here in conversation. She seems to have a policy to never speak to her pray. I, on the other leg, don't mind in engaging in conversation. I find your species to be interesting, that one especially interest me." the moth pointed at Trixie as she spoke her words. "I did not think I would meet such a talented mage here, its to bad we had to meet like this..."

"You blather on to much Gypsy. Where are the drones."

"Ahhh yes. They should be arriving shortly." The moth then pointed toward the sky at three objects flying toward the area in high speed. Trixie looked over at the objects and blink and rubbed her eyes just to make sure that what she was seeing was real.

A pastel violet earth pony wearing a strange hat with a propeller on top flying through the sky, carrying a large yellow crystal with frozen pony inside. The mare was being chased by large bees carrying strange weapons firing yellow globs at the pony. The pony dodged and weave in the air as the globs were increasingly becoming more accurate. As the aerial chase came closer to the group, it became apparent that the mare was physical strained and was loosing grip of the crystal.

The moth pulled out one of her scrolls again and swung it to unravel its contents. Three strands of cloth flew out to attack the airborne mare. Twilight and Trixie both reacted in unison at the sight and Twilight sent a magical salvo at the moth while Trixie charged her lightning spell. The mantis reacted with lightning speed, deflecting Twilights blasts and the ninja's stars and sending them toward Trixie, disrupting her spell as she was forced to dodge.

The clothes wrapped around the crystalized Applejack and threaten to yank her from the swirl-eyed mare. "Hold on Miss Apple, I'm about to shake this goose loose!" Before the flying mare could act though, one of the drones got a lucky shot and hit her hat straight on. The force of the glob knock Screwball's hat off her head and it slammed into the library, crystalizing in place. Screwball noticed her hat was gone and gulped as she started to loose altitude. "Mayday, MayDay!" She shouted as she started to fall, loosing grasp of Applejack.

Twilight saw this and reacted to save the falling mares life. She immediately cast a bubble shield around the mare, causing her great strain because of the distance between them. The mare hit the ground, the bubble causing her to bounce before it popped send the mare flying in the air. Twilight cast her second spell, creating a pile of pillows for the mare to land in. The pillows absorbed the impact as the mare hit them causing an explosion of feathers. Twilight sighed with relief before being struck in the back of the head, causing her to collapse.

"TWILIGHT!" shouted Rainbow as she to was struck by a ribbon of clothe. The moth smiled as it had capture all three of the targets and used her clothe to drag Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, and the crystal incase near her. Trixie watched in shock as all of her comrades and just been captured effortlessly by this creature that stood before her.

The mantis then turned her attention to the blue mare and started to calmly walk toward her, dragging one blade to the ground making a horrible screeching sound. Trixie found herself frozen in fear at the sight as the monster before her closed distance. Silent brought her blade up into the air, setting it ablaze, her intent on destroying the mare that dared to strike her. The ninja, clad in black, then jumped in front of the mare with her re-found blade firmly in her mouth. The mantis did not slow in its movement but continued forward with anger it its eyes. Before she could even bring down the blade, a lamppost enveloped in a white aura struck her side.

....................

Star Well winced in pain as he stood and shaky legs. He was using his magic to hold the wound on his side closed but he could tell he already had lost a lot of blood and his vision was blurred slightly. His attack with the lamppost had caught the monster by surprise, but one look at the mantis told him that he had just made it angrier.

He was grateful that Trixie arrived when she did, but the odds did not seem in their favor. The mantis alone had fought off the five of them and now the creature had received reinforcements. It was now Trixie, the ninja and him versus the four monsters that had captured most the bearers of Elements of Harmony and to top it all off, he had no way of telling if Screwball was O.K. Star steeled himself for the coming counter-attack that was sure to come, struggling to remain conscious himself.

"Wow, Silent, you are sure sloppy today." chided the moth, "Did you even collect the last target?"

"The last of the targets is unconscious in the tree." The mantis replied, not bothering to turn around, instead glaring at her attackers.

"You mean that tree? The one three young ponies are dragging an unconscious mare from?"

"What!?!" The mantis turned around to find the three fillies dragging Rarity to safety.

"Oh, buck. Run girls!" Applebloom shouted as the started to gallop the best the can with the full grown mare on their backs.

"Drones, would you kindly?" the two bees turned to the fillies and fired their weapons at the fillies striking dead on. The fillies did not have time to scream as the globs of yellow goo solidified around them and the unconscious mare.

"Scootaloo!!!" shouted the ninja, and in anger, threw her blade at the moth. Gypsy gracefully dodged the attack and turned to face the rest of the the group.

"I guess its time to take care of you. This fight has been thrilling and all, but I think we've over stayed our welcome. Drones finish-" The moth was cut off as she turned to see both of the bees flying past her. The drones collided with the library making them loose grip of their weapons, small trees growing on them keeping them pinned down.

"I think ya outa let ma sister and her friends free." The moth and the mantis turned to face the source of the attack. In the road stood a bright red stallion. On his neck, he wore a yoke and he had a blade of grass in his mouth as he stared at the two challengingly. On his hooves, he had strange silver horseshoes. The front each shoe was an green apple cut in half and showing the core.

Star Well swore something was missing from this pony but for the life of him he could not think of what it was. The Stallion stood their cracking his neck, confidence exuded from him as he stared down the two over-sized bugs.

"Are their more ponies out there idiotic enough to challenge us?" sighed the moth. Mantis gave the the moth the look that told her, 'I've been dealing with this all day.'

"Eyup. Alot more." As the stallion stood in place, an angry mob of ponies became visible from down the road, equipped with pitchforks and torches and all other assortments of classic mob equipment.

The mantis dug herself in place, her outstretched blades set ablaze. "Sorry Silent, while I understand your need to stay and fight, we have a mission to complete." The mantis begrudgingly stood down as the flames from her blades died down.

"Ya ain't going no where." stated the stallion.

The moth pull a new scroll from her belt and taunted the red earth pony. "This little spell begs to differ." She through the scroll into the air, causing the scroll to unravel. the scroll started to wrap around the area containing the moth and mantis as well as her captives.

The stallion respond by striking the ground with his horseshoes. A tree sprang up under him, launching the stallion and the creatures that were quickly being obscured from sight. Trixie, Star Well, and the ninja also responded with kind and sent attacks at the enemy.

The scroll finished wrapping the area before the attacks reached and the attacks hit the paper. The dome that had formed collapsed do to the force of the attacks, revealing the inside empty of life, leaving behind empty encasements of crystal.

Star Well finally hit his limit with his final attack and collapsed into unconsciousness.