• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 1,677 Views, 43 Comments

Warrior Cats: First Harmony - Eternal Flame



When a Portal is discovered on the edge of the everfree forest, some ponies go to investigate. When they get there, they are sucked into the Portal which leads to a new world altogether- and the ponies are no longer ponies. They're warrior cats.

  • ...
5
 43
 1,677

II- Where are we?

Six strangely colored cats lay defeated on the outskirts of a forest house. One was purple with a darker purple head and tail with pink streaks and purple eyes; one was white with dark purple ears and dark purple on the tip of its tail with emerald-blue eyes; one was a light pink with darker pink ears and tip of tail with sky-blue eyes; one was a pale yellow with a light pink head and tail and light blue eyes; one was cyan blue with a Ranbow colored tail and rose eyes. The only cat who seemed to be slightly normally-colored was an orange cat with blonde fur on its ears and tail with green eyes.

Applejack was first to get up, and leaped in a mixture of surprise, shock and terror as she realised she was peering at a pair of paws. She inspected her paws. They were no longer hooves, and a lot more furry, complete with claws she could contract and relax. She felt her head with her fur-covered paws. She felt a nose instead of the two nostrils she used to have. Her snout was a little smaller, and she felt long, wiry whiskers. She had more teeth, and instead of the flat herbivore teeth she used to possess these were jagged, carnivore fangs. Her ears were larger and she could certainly hear more. She looked back, and saw her longer flank. Her tail was thinner but bushy, and lastly and most surprising, she was without a cutie mark.

"What in Tarantion?!" She meowed, realising what she was, "I'm a cat!"

Her loud exclaims awoken the other five tired-looking cats, who also had a look of confusion and surprise on their faces. Twilight stood, petrified; Pinkie Pie let out a yowl; Rarity muttered curses under her breath; Rainbow was staring at the wingless part of her back in shock and Fluttershy wrapped herself in a ball, trying to hide from her fright. After what seemed like hours, the cats finally came to their senses and calmed down. Rarity finally broke the silence and asked, "Twilight, why are we cats? And where is this horribla and dirty place?"

"And why haven't we got cutie marks, or wings or horns!?" Rainbow added.

"I don't know," mewed Twilight, a confused and perplexed and expression on her face.

"But I NEED to fly! I didn't get my cutie mark for nothing, ya know!"

"Twilight got her cutie mark for magic, and she isn't making a fuss." Rarity pointed out. "Plus, you don't have one anymore."

"I don't mind being a cat at all." Said Fluttershy, who had overcome her shock and sat there as if nothing major happened. "Actually, I've always wanted to see how it's like to be a cat, and it tuna out it isn't bad at all."

"You don't care that... You can't fly!?" Rainbow Dash meowed, completely nonplussed.

"I think being a cat is going to be sooooooooooo cool! I mean, you can jump higher and run faster, and I can probably shout waaaaaaay louder!" Pinkie meowed excitedly

"Ah agree with Pinkie. Being a cat won't be so bad. And," Applejack added, "We can see who's the real 'Iron pony'- I mean Iron cat."

Rainbow Dash tried to look like the comment meant nothing to her, but her eyes betrayed her irritation. "But-"

They all stopped talking when a rustle in the bushes was heard. That wasn't a mouse or a rabbit. It was something far bigger.

"W-who is that?" Fluttershy mewed under her shallow breath.

Two cats sprung out of the bushes. They were twice the size of the other cats standing before them. The first was a silvery-gray she-cat, muscles rippling under her fur and her icy blue eyes staring down at the intruders. She looked wise and noble, and the white hairs on her snout indicted she was an older cat. The second was a white cat with eyes the color of sand and a similar build to the first, with the same muscle and size, though he was not quite as tall.

"Greetings." Meowed the gray she-cat, "I am Bluestar, leader of ThunderClan. This is Whitestorm, one of my most trusted warriors. May I ask, why are you young stranger cats trespassing in ThunderClan territory?"

"We... Uh.. Um..." Mewed Fluttershy timidly.

"What's ThunderClan?" Asked Pinkie curiously.

Their whiskers twitching with amusement, Bluestar and Whitestorm turned and walked a few metres away, starting their own private conversation.

"Bluestar," Whitestom meowed in a hushed tone, "are these not the cats from the prophecy?"

Bluestar looked back at the cats, her doubtful eyes becoming believing ones, and mewed in reply, "Yes."

"What are we supposed to do? Take them back to camp?"

"I suppose so, yes."

"Very well, Bluestar."

The two cats returned to the other six.

"We are from ThunderClan, one of the four clans in the forest. First, there are kits, under six moons old- or months, I believe you call it- then there are apprentices. Kits are made apprentices when they are six moons old. I'd say all of you are about the age of an apprentice. Then, there's warriors. We are low on warriors- there have been many battles lately, which is partly why we need you so much, Warriors fight in battle against the other rival clans. They'd fight for the clan with their life, of they had to. Then there is the queens, who look after the kits and the elders, too old to fight in battle anymore. Then there's the Medicine cat, the deputy, and the leader." Bluestar explained. "This is brief. You will learn more when we get to camp, if you come."

A puzzled look was among the faces of the listening cats (apart from Whitestorm) as they listened to Bluestar's last sentence.

Bluestar, as if she had read their thoughts, said, "Listen, every one of you cats. There has been a prophecy among our clan. That some strange new cats would appear in our clan, and we would not bring any harm to them. It is your choice. Follow us, we will take you back to camp, or stay here and fend for yourselves. Come now, or never."

The six cats behind Bluestar and Whitestorm looked at each other in surprise. Should they go, or shouldn't they? But there was no time to decide as a shout came from the house nearby. There was trouble everywhere in the forest, that was certain. The newcomers were definitely not going to be able to fend for themselves in the forest.

Bluestar and Whitestorm started running, the other six behind. They all ran as fast as they could, but not nearly as fast as the two battle-scarred cats in front of them. They ran through sharply fragrant pine trees and mud that squelched under their paws. They had to leap over great gullies that twoleg tree-eaters and monsters created. Some of the gullies were definitely too far to jump over, and filled with slimy, foul-smelling water. Both Warriors waded through the water without hesitation. You could hear Rarity wincing as she waded through the water, but she knew if she was living in the forest she would have to get used to it. She gritted her teeth and carried on at a faster pace, determined not to fall back behind the group of cats. Soon every cat was out of the gullies, and they carried on.

The two warriors made no allowances for the others as they darted through the forest, and every cat was starting to struggle to keep up. Their pace barely slowed as they took massive leaps over fallen trees in their stride, meanwhile every other cat had to scramble over paw by paw. They saw the two warriors jumping up onto the branches of a tree and then carrying on. They were long gone by the time all six cats managed to get up there, but that wasn't a problem because they had left claw marks on the branches, which they followed.

Soon, they caught up with the wild cats (only because they waited for them) and were off again, down some boulders, then into the ravine.

"What was that shout back there?" Pinkie asked.

"A Twolegs. Now let's go."

Bluestar in lead, all eight cats pushed their way through a thick bush of gorse. The gorse scraped their sides, but the grass was flattened by the generations upon generations of pawsteps. The camp was pretty old, by the looks of it.

"We are nearly at the camp. Stay near me." Instructed Bluestar.

She was right. They were at the end of the gorse tunnel- and waiting for them was a truly astonishing sight- nothing like they had ever seen before.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, and thanks to TempesttheDragnix for editing.