• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 330 Views, 1 Comments

War of Ali: New and Improved Version - Soviet_Minister



Dell, student of the princess Luna, has betrayed his own mentor. He has grown an army, and plans to take out the very city he used to live in. The war rages as Dell aims to destroy all Royalty. Will he succeed? Or will he fail, like so many have?

  • ...
6
 1
 330

In The Beginning...

Fires billowed from houses, from the White Tail Forest. From the graves of the thousands of ponies that were killed in the attack. The fires were spreading swiftly, burning down houses and businesses, burning many ponies that lived there to death. The forest fire was spreading, though the powers of the forest were fighting against it. Nopony had any idea what the powers were, but they were battling against the flames, and that was all they cared about.

The City of Canterlot was now a candle, hanging off the side of a cliff. The surrounding cities were being attacked by hundreds of criminals, burning, killing, robbing. Destroying anything and anyone that was in the city. Some of the ponies fought, but it was a futile attempt, as the opposing defenders of the city were wiped out as quickly as they had formed. Dell could be seen flying towards Canterlot, a private army following him. Though he could be seen, he was hardly noticed, what with all of the fighting going on in the nearer cities and settlements.

Dell had mastered his new power rather quickly, like he had with many other things. He was an extremely quick learner, and it was proving extremely handy. Though it wasn't long before they met with a part of Celestia's and Luna's opposing army. Without hesitation, both sides clashed, ponies falling from the sky as they brutally killed each other. Dell tried to avoid the fighting completely, as he was saving all of his strength for the fight with both of the Alicorn sisters.

He flew past the battle, hoping to not be caught in the combat. But, as he feared, about ten of Canterlot's soldiers flew to stop in front of him. They did not hesitate. They pulled out their spears, and got ready to strike. But there was something wrong with the spears. They weren't as light as they should have been, and they shouldn't have been moving and wriggling around in their mouths. It was too late when they realised that Dell had put a hex on them, turning them against their owners.

Dell flew away, the sound of spears piercing flesh and the screams that followed filling the air.

"Life is good. But it will get better." Dell told himself, dodging a falling Pegasus, who obviously, had been killed.

The castle was now in his sight, and as he flew towards the massive structure, realization struck him.

*Why would the Princesses send all of their men out here, if they need protection at the castle?*

Then, out of nowhere, an invisible force knocked him out of the sky. He fell and fell, and nothing could stop him. He was trying to regain flight, but he wasn't skilled enough to do that yet. He had yet to find out how exactly he became an Alicorn. He hit the ground with a dull, but bone breaking 'THUD'. He turned his head upwards to see who had the power to even touch him. It didn't surprise him when a Midnight Blue Alicorn landed next to him, her mane flowing, as though it was magically enchanted. Oh wait; It was.

"Dell, your treachery has gone on for long enough. I demand that you stop this at once!" Luna was too occupied to notice that Dell was now an Alicorn.

Dell couched loudly in Luna's face, spittle getting into her eye, temporarily blinding her.

"I beg to differ, you horrid bitch!" Dell threw Luna across the ground, landing in a heap several metres away.

He levitated the earth infront of him, forming a humongous, thick wall of dirt, grass and rocks. He intended to crush his old mentor with the very earth they sought to control. But before he could let the wall of earth go, he was hit by an extremely painful headache, causing his magic to faulter, and fall to his haunches. He tried to turn his head to see who it was, but had no such luck, as the pain seeped from his head to his arms, making him yell in unimaginable pain.

"You fool! You think you can defeat us, defeat our army!? You are SCUM! You are NOTHING!"

Celestia.

How did Celestia survive that marble boulder? How had she recovered? He couldn't answer his own question, which frustrated him inside.

"Were you so stupid to think that I would not come back for my revenge!? You are... You're... You're an ALICORN!?" Celestia had only just noticed that he had wings AND a horn.

"Wha... What? Who's an Alicorn?" Luna had recovered from where she lay, bruised, but not beaten.

"Dell... Dell's an Alicorn. An ALICORN!"

Celestia lost her concentration, and her spell faded. The pain inside Dell had faded just as quickly as it had arrived. It was all Dell needed, as he put his own spell to use, though it wasn't what Celestia had expected.

Dell used a magical blast that had a power similar to King Sombra's crystals. The bolt shot from Dell's horn to Celstia's own. Once the bolt hit, the effect was immediate. Dark, grey crystals started infecting the Princesses horn, rendering her horn useless. He then used a spell that took a lot of his energy, though it was quick. He teleported Celestia to a random location, but made sure that she was sent far, far away. Even though she had her wings, she still wouldn't get back in time to save her sister.

"Now it's just you and me, bitch..."

Dell levitated Luna into the air, rising up and up, until Luna was nothing but a spec in the air. Then, he let go, downing his levitation field and waiting for the drop. But nothing happened. Then he remembered;

FUCK! WINGS!

He took flight, pursuing the Princess through the red sky. She cast a green bolt at him, and missed. He retaliated, and also missed his mark. Then, they both cast the same spell, shot them, and the bolts collided, causing a mass explosion knocking the two Alicorns out of the air. Dell regained his flight, but Luna was not as lucky. She had been closer to the explosion than Dell, and Dell could tell from here that Luna's wing was broken, seeing the wing-bones sticking out of places they shouldn't. He flew down to where she landed, finding Luna was still staying strong.

"Why won't you DIE!?"

He stomped Luna in the ribs as hard as he could, hearing multiple cracking and snapping sounds. Then, seeing how much pain she was in, he had a better idea; Humiliate her and cause her as much pain as possible.

Luna started to cast another spell, though Dell had his back turned towards her. And luckily, the spell was silent. She put her horn to her leg, and started healing herself.

"Luna, you were no match for me. I had your skill when I was just a unicorn, and now that I'm an Alicorn, I will obliterate ANYPONY who stand in my way! You, your sister, your army, NOPONY can stop me!"

Dell continued his rant as Luna healed her leg, which was working quite quickly. It was only a broken bone, and they were easy to mend. She stood up, testing her leg. It was good as new. She qucikly but quietly backed away from Dell, who was still ranting about how the holders of the Elements of Harmony would be his trophy's.

She cast a simple, white bolt. It flew from her horn straight to her opponent, knocking him off of his feet. He lay there, stunned for a quick moment before he got back up and looked behind him.

Luna was gone.

"SHIT! Come back here, you stupid whore!"

He was a fast flyer, a fast learner, and a fast spell-caster, but if there was one thing he could not do, it was run. He thought about flying after Luna, but he would make too easy a target, especially since Luna would have near perfect accuracy because she wasn't flying. Luna, on the other hand, was working on healing her wing, which was taking longer than she thought. The complex structure of the wing was slowing it down, frustrating Luna. She cast a random bolt to the back of her, but didn't here an impact. That's when she almost ran into Dell, who was now right in front of her. He had teleported.

Luna levitated Dell, but he left her field of lift, and spear tackled her, dragging them both across the ground. His horn, which was filed down at the end to make it sharper, impaled Luna's leg. When Dell noticed this happen, he cast an expanding spell, bursting Luna's leg open wider and wider, until he could see the whaite of the bone. He took his hon out of her leg, wiping Luna's blood off his horn and face.

He lifted his front leg, a malicious smile plastered on his face, and with all his might, he stomped on the bone, snapping it and sending splinters of bone everywhere.



"Isn't this enough to tell you I want you gone!?"

Dell flew away from Luna, trying to keep from turning around and snapping her neck right there.

"Can't you see?"

He paced back and forth, a ring of his soldiers gathering around to see the death of his old mentor.

The princess lay lorn on the rough, rocky ground. Her wing was rotated in the wrong way, her bones that made up the wing sticking out of places they shouldn't be. Her leg bone now unrepairable, seeing that most of her leg bone was scattered around her. She was in immense pain, and as she screamed, Dell laughed loudly. Her sister was nowhere to be seen, as she was humiliated and hurt. She heard the cheering of Dell's guards, not really near where they were, but still audible. Luna's eyes opened, glowing a teal aura.

"Dell... Please... Can't you see that you have taken this far enough? All of the ponies that live in canterlot, and Manehatten, and everywhere else, they're innocent! Why kill them?" Luna looked into Dell's eyes, looking for some form of mercy, or redemption. Unfortunately, all thoughts of mercy and redemption had been lost long ago.

Dell had the chance to end one of Equestria's most powerful ponies, and he was NOT going to let the opportunity to torture her escape his grasp. Luna, in a desperate attempt to hurt Dell, cast a small bolt of light towards him. Dell, however, had seen this coming, and effortlessly cast the bolt aside.

"Oh, Luna, I know all of your spells, your tactics and my way through Equestria! I don't think that your petty attempts to hurt me will work! I'll over-throw you, Celestia, and all royalty that remains!," The orange Alicorn chuckled.

"Yes, Equestria will be MINE! MINE! ALL MINE! Your family will perish, your friends will burn! And I'll make sure you and your idiotic sister watches EVERY bit of it!

There was a low rumble in the earth, little grains of dirt jumping up and down. A large crack appeared in the ground, Dell and his army stood back. They stood there, just waiting for something to come out. Then, like death himself rising from hell, a large creature with the form of a giant Praying Mantis climbed out, its legs desperately trying to find a stronghold to hold onto. The giant creature finally got out, the expression on its face, if you could call it that, showed that it was glad to be out of that pit. The large monster walked towards where Luna was laying. Judging by the size of it, the creature had to weigh more than Luna, Celestia, Dell AND Cadence combined. Centipedes, millipedes and multiple other creepy-crawlies of such started slithering out of the ground, as if under control, crawling towards where Luna helplessly lay. The creature stared down at Luna, its eyes containing evil that seemed impossible to imagine. Its mouth, containing rows upon rows of gleaming, razor-sharp teeth, opened to let out a horrid screech.

Luna laughed uncomfortably, "I'm guessing THAT is your team mascot?"

Dell hovered over the giant creature, smiling to himself with pride and joy.

"Tyrunant, take her from my sight."

The earth below her became loose, and tendrils, worms, and othr creatures started to pull her under, Dell staring down at her with a giant smile planted on his face.

"NOOOOOO-" Luna was cut off as the earth fell on her, completely submerging her.

Luna was on her way to Dell's version of 'Hell'.