• Published 18th Feb 2014
  • 265 Views, 1 Comments

Legacy of Chrono Book 1: Wrath of Obscura - Ezylryb123



The main six are taken on a journey to a mysterious island and are promptly caught in the balance of the fate of Equestria

  • ...
 1
 265

Part One

Chrono was busy fixing the clock tower, or re-enabling the chime to be precise. Having telekinetic abilities was, to him, better than being a unicorn and having to worry about a horn.

“Just a little more… and… got it,” he said as he was easing a gear back into place. Chrono loved time, so much so that he decided to live in the clock tower as the caretaker.

“Now that that’s done…” he began to concentrate and bring time back to its normal speed.

Chrono’s mark was a clock face; however, his mark changed every day, the hands moving to a different time. His coat was the color of treated wood, a rich tan. His mane was gray in color, one of the few drawbacks to being devoted to time. His eyes were what Chrono was shunned for. They were a mystic green with tiny, almost unnoticeable arcs of energy reaching out. The strangest part, however, was the fact that he had no pupils.

“3… 2… 1,” he whispered to himself, pressing his fore hooves to his ears. Suddenly the whole tower was filled with a cacophony as the bells chimed out the hour. It was the only drawback.

When the noise subsided, he left the tower to meet his friends. He put on his cloak and hood and stepped outside.
As always, no one was there to greet him, even though everypony in Ponyville knew he was awake. Sighing deeply he went out to find his friends.

Twilight Sparkle was reading, her favorite pastime, when she heard the knock on the door.

“Come in,” she said wondering who it could be. She was mildly surprised to see Chrono standing in the doorway. “Chrono!” she exclaimed, “You’re here early.”

“I’m always early, I’m just earlier this time.” Chrono’s voice sounded both aged and young at the same time, giving him the impression of possessing sage-like wisdom.

“You ready for this afternoon?” Twilight asked.

“Sure am. I just need to find RD, F-Shy, Squared, Rai-Rai, and AJ.” Chrono said, using his nicknames for his friends.

“Ok, see you at 1:00,”

“Understood, see ya.”

Chrono stood before Rainbow Dash’s floating house. “How is a non-pegasus supposed to get up there?” he thought to himself. Suddenly he had an idea. Using his telekinesis, he lifted himself up to the cloud. Floating up to the door, he knocked on the oak door, which looked out of place on a cloud mansion.

“Coming,” said the blue pegasus. She flew over to the door. Opening the door, she was shocked to see who it was. “How did you get up here?” she asked.

“Telekinesis,” Chrono said matter-of-factly. “You ready for this afternoon?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be!”

“Great! See you at 1:00,”

“Now, this medicine will help with that cut,” said Fluttershy as she was tending to a young sparrow that had fallen in a bramble. She loved doing things like this; treating injured gophers or nursing ill rabbits back to full health. She was in her element.

Chrono noticed this and began humming a tune as he approached his timid and high strung friend. He did this to announce his presence well before he was within her proximity.

The quiet, reserved Pegasus heard her friend’s humming. “Thank you for your consideration,” she said. She turned around and her face lit up immediately.

“Chrono! What a pleasant surprise.” said Fluttershy.

“Hi Flutter, say, what’s going on?”

Oh, just helping this poor sparrow out. She fell and cut her wing in a bramble bush.”

“Oh, the poor thing; is there someway I can help?”

“Not really, I’m almost done her. You can go wait at my cottage if you’d like. I just have to go check up on a chipmunk that broke his tail last week.”

Chrono was once again amazed how he could get this usually laconic pony to truly open up. “Ok, I’ll wait for you there.”

“It’ll be about half an hour before I return.”

“That’s fine with me.”

When Fluttershy returned, Chrono was fiddling with one of his devices. When he saw her, he quickly put it away.

“What did you want to tell me?” Fluttershy asked.

“Oh… uh… I-I just wanted to ask you if you were ready for this afternoon.” Chrono said, completely abandoning what he was originally going to say about his feelings for her.

“Oh, I had completely forgotten about that!” She exclaimed, “Thank you for reminding me.”

“No problem. I already asked TS and RD, so I’m going to go find Squared, Rai-Rai, and AJ.”

“Ok, see you at 1:00.”

Rarity was in a state of pure inspiration. She was working on an outfit for one of her clients when Chrono walked in as to not disturb her work. However, he could not stop the bell from ringing as he opened the door. The sound wrenched the elegant unicorn from her state.

“Oh!” Rarity exclaimed as she spun around to see who had disrupted her work flow, “Chrono you startled me.”

“Sorry if I’m interrupting you,” Chrono apologized, “to make up for it, do you mind if I help you?”

“I would certainly appreciate the help, thank you. You can start by organizing the fabric on that shelf,” she said, indicating quite a disorderly shelf, “You can talk while you work.”

As Chrono was organizing the fabric, Rarity was the one who started the conversation.

“So Chrono, what did you want to talk about?”

“Well, I wanted to ask you if you still remembered what we were going to do this afternoon.”

“I see. No, no, sort them so all the colors are together, and then sort by fabric type. Well I did remember, but then I received this order and I don’t know how long it will take me to complete.”

“I’m done with the fabric. Who is the order for?”

“You are? Good the order is for Sapphire Shores.”

“Sapphire Shores? Screw that bitch,” said Chrono, using other worldly language he was well known for,” But Ill help you anyway.”

“You will?”

“Of course, but after I talk to AJ and Squared, speaking of which, have you seen Pinkie?”

“Not today,” Said Rarity, “Also you broke personal promise for today.”

“I Know. I have to keep that under control.”

Pinkie Pie wasn’t at her usual places, so Chrono decided to talk to Applejack and see if she had seen Pinkie.

“Yeah, I’ve seen her. She was here not too long ago.” Said Applejack

“Really? You know where she could have gone?” asked Chrono.

“Last I’ve seen her was the barn.” Applejack suggested, “Why don’t you go check there?”

“Ok, thanks, say are you ready for this afternoon?”

“Of course, I’m completely prepared,”

“Great, see you at 1:00”

“That demi-psychopath is most likely trolling me,” Chrono said as he walked into the barn, “Dang, that’s twice now.”

Chrono had the lights off, so as to not announce his presence if, indeed, Pinkie was there. As he was walking, he felt a presence and immediately did the other thing he was shunned for; he called upon his ethereal whips. Instantly, two ghost-like whips appeared before Chrono as his mark changed to a pair of whips that traversed his hind quarters as his body switched from his peaceful mode to battle mode.

“Who’s there?” Chrono said his voice had changed to that of a seasoned veteran of combat, “I demand you to show yourself!”

Suddenly the lights came on and Chrono instinctively covered every vulnerable part of his body with his whips. As his eyes grew accustomed to the sudden light, he saw a figure approaching him. The more his eyes became used to the light, the more the figure looked like…

“Pinkie! What the hay was that for?!”

“Gottcha again!” Pinkie Pie giggled, “That’s 15 for 35 now.”

“Pinkie, you know I don’t like doing that without good reason,” Chrono said a as he reverted back to peaceful mode and dispelled his whips, “I could have killed you.”

“But I think it’s fun when you do it.”

“You are one crazy nutbar. You know that?”

“I know, thank you for noticing.”

Chrono rolled his eyes at this remark. “Anyway, you ready for this afternoon?”

“I was ready last week,” said Pinkie Pie.

“But I only told you three days ago.”

“I know.”

“Anyway, see you at 1:00.”

“Okie dokie loki.”

After Chrono brought everypony up to speed, he decided to ask Andromeda, his pet cryophoenix-dragon hybrid, if she wanted to come with him.

Andromeda was special in the fact that she was the only one of her kind. Not exactly an “experiment” of Chrono’s, he found her in the far north during his journey to Equestria. With the limited help of Fluttershy, Chrono was able to nurse the creature back to health. Andromeda’s plumage was of brilliant whites and stunning blues, her scales were prismatic, often scattering the light that hit her into a gorgeous, rainbow halo that shone around her with an elegant brilliance that gave her an air of regality. Her voice further added to the illusion of royalty as it could soothe the anger of anyone. She was simply magnificent.

“Would you like to come with me and the others on our trip to the island in the middle of the ocean,” Chrono asked, “the one that I told you about?”

“I think that would be … awful,” replied Andromeda, “I would not like to come along.”

“Alright then,” said Chrono, “you’ll have the tower to yourself. I’ve installed a lever that disables the chimes just for you, turn them off before 9:00 and turn them on by 5:00.”

“I can do that.”

“Thank you.”