• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 3,222 Views, 58 Comments

Distorted Departure - fluttercord45



have you ever wonder what your most cherished memories you ever had .well fluttershy does

  • ...
6
 58
 3,222

Remember me

Fluttershy slowly pushed the door open, not wanting to disturb the figure lying in bed. With each step she grew closer, and she couldn’t stop herself from noticing the horrible state her husband was in.

“I brought you a washcloth for your fever.”

The draconequus turned to face her.

“T-Thank you, dear…”

The change was almost too hard to bear. His voice was quiet and shaking; no longer did it hold that charisma, that characteristic chaotic joy…

Fluttershy softly placed the damp washcloth atop his forehead, hoping it would at least help with the fever, but to her dismay, her hoof clearly confirmed the worst.

“You’re burning up even more.”

“Don’t w-worry about me. The G-God of Chaos cannot be stopped by a m-mere fever.” He patted her head comfortingly. “I’ll be better soon, y-you’ll see.”

“O-Of course you will. You’re Discord. I’ve got nothing to worry about!” Unfortunately for Fluttershy, her expression betrayed her at that moment, but just before Discord could respond, a knock at the door broke the conversation.

“Fluttershy, I came back fr—”

“Oh, Twilight, you’re back! You found the cure, right? What do you need? I can get you any ingredients you need from the Everfree Forest, just tell m—”

“Fluttershy! Can I talk to you outside, please?”

“Oh, of course. We need to hurry if we want to prepare the cure.” The two walked out of the room, Twilight softly closing the door behind them.

“Listen, Fluttershy, I c—”

“Okay, so which flowers and plants do you need? I can get any s—”

“No, Fluttershy, I don’t need anything! There is no cure!”

Silence. There was nothing the pegasus mare could do as she processed the information

“N-No…

“P-Please… Tell me you’re joking, Twilight.”

“I’m so sorry, Fluttershy. I wish I was. I searched through all my books and couldn’t find anything. I gained some insight at Zecora’s: a very powerful poison is the cause, but even she did not know the cure. I sent a letter to the princesses…

“But they won’t get here in time. Discord only has a couple hours at best.”

“It… it can’t…”

A few tears threatened to stream down her muzzle as those words sunk in: in “a couple hours” her husband would be gone. Alas, no words escaped her mouth as she struggled to contain her whimpers. Slowly, she trudged towards the closed door, pushing it open ever so slowly with her shaky hoof. With each step, she focused on containing her sorrow, until she finally reached the bedside and embraced Discord’s paw with her two front hooves.

Oh, but Discord could easily see through her brave façade.

“I’m not going to make it, am I?”

Each second was more excruciating than the previous one as Fluttershy struggled to control her tears, now slowly paving the routes from her muzzle to the bed below.

“Now, Fluttershy,” Discord responded as he slowly lifted her head to match her gaze. “Please don’t cry. I don’t want my last image of you to be you crying like this.”

“B-But I d-don’t want you t-to go!” Finally succumbing to the sadness, tears unfettered streamed down as she hugged him with all her might.

“My dear Fluttershy, I know the sadness you feel. There are only a few moments left until we say goodbye.” Discord responded with his own embrace as he attempted to calm his wife down.

“But is this how you want to remember our last moment together? I know I would like to see that b-beautiful smile on— *cough— once more.”

With newfound strength, Fluttershy looked up at Discord with teary eyes and wiped away the streams of sorrow as best she could, and thinking of all the times they had spent together— all the hardships, all the adventures— she smiled as one last tear dropped down to the sheets.

“I love you, Discord.”

“I love you too, my d-dear Fluttershy, and always will, until chaos turns to order.”

With one last breath, he whispered his last words:

“And I guess this is good-bye.”

“Discord?”

A gentle touch, a soft shake, but he didn’t respond, and Fluttershy knew the time had come.

“D-Discord…” The crying never seemed to cease as she was slowly engulfed by darkness…


Her eyes shot open as sheprocessed the sounds coming from the bedroom next to hers. As quickly as she could, despite her groggy state, she clambered out towards the noise to find the two [a]fillies causing the ruckus. Screwball, with her purple-white teary eyes, was shivering as if from fear, while Screwloose light blue coat was mottled in many places.

Poor dears, it must have been a nightmare…

Fluttershy gently picked them both up in her arms and rocked them back and forth.

“Shhh… It’s okay,Screwball, Screwloose,Mommy’s here.”

Screwloose was the first to calm down; at the same time, however, Fluttershy could still notice the trembling of Screwball’s violet coat.

“D-D-Daddy…” Screwball whimpered as she curled up closer to Fluttershy.

“I know, Screwball… I miss him too… “Why don’t we go and see him?"

The two fillies nodded slowly, and Fluttershy stood perfectly still and closed her eyes. Surprisingly, the teleportation spell had been the easiest to learn, but other simpler spells— even levitation— were proving to be bothersome with her new chaos magic. In a flash, the three were at Ponyville cemetery, standing in front of a tombstone with that familiar name. Each time she had gone to place flowers on his grave, she would stop to recall all those wonderful times they spent together as she read the inscription:

Here Lies Discord, the God of Chaos,

a Great Friend, and a Caring Husband and Father

“Discord, we miss you so much.” She hugged her fillies even tighter as she controlled the urge to cry.

Perhaps it was her mind playing tricks on her, but she wanted it to be true, she wanted to believe that the soft voice in the wind replied, “I miss you, too.”

Author's Note:

I wasn't good of making or thinking of oc but I thought of using Screwloose .I mean come on some would us her as a dog or her being discord wife , but I guess no one thought of her being a kid.