• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 667 Views, 0 Comments

The Lunar Race - KnightSpiritWolf



Rainbow Dash has an accident in a race she enters.

  • ...
 0
 667

Flying and Falling

As the ponies lined up to start the race, Derpy ran up to Rainbow Dash, "good luck in the race, Rainbow Dash!" Derpy smiled.

"Thanks, Derpy." Rainbow dash hugged her friend. Even though Derpy was usually picked on, she always had a smile on her face.

"Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow could hear her friends screaming her name in the crowd. 16 ponies. 1 winner, 15 losers...

"Get ready..." The announcer yelled in the microphone. Rainbow stretched her wings up high, "get set..." she licked her lips and got ready to jump up and fly, "go!" Rainbow leaped into the air flying as fast as an eagle. She flew under tree branches and flew over rocks and trees. She flew past the 2 racers ahead of her.

"One more racer to pass." Rainbow smiled. Only 3 laps of the race then a winner. That winner would be her. She soared through the air, a rainbow trailed behind her, that was her mane. Her feathers swayed as she flew faster. Adrenaline filled her body as she flew even faster, " there's the racer I need to pass!" Rainbow flapped her wings harder as she caught up to the racer. The racer flew behind Rainbow and bumped into her, "Hey! That's cheating!" The racer smiled angrily at her and then hit her again, only this time it was harder. Pain shot through Rainbow's stomach as she fell of the course of the race. She swayed her hooves and her wings but couldn't fly back up, her stomach had made her weak.

"I am sorry..." Rainbow closed her eyes and dreamed. She remembered her friends smiling faces. The Rainbow Dash, the pony that would never give up only this time she had too. Her friends would be proud to see her cross the finish line even if she didn't win. A tear streamed out of Rainbow's eye as she fell asleep. She dreamed about seeing her mother's smiling face again.

Rainbow opened her eyes and felt pain in her whole body. Blood was oozing out of her hooves and her head was pulsing with pain. What happened? Why was she on her way to the hospital? She only remembered falling to the earth, then everything went black. Her stomach was stained with red. She saw a purple pony walking towards her with a damp towel and put it on her head.

"You're going to be okay, Rainbow Dash." The purple pony said with a crack of pain in her voice as Rainbow closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.