• Published 22nd Jul 2014
  • 760 Views, 3 Comments

Waiting in the Rain - Alexander White



As Angel waits for Fluttershy to come back from an adventure, he starts thinking of how lucky he is to have her.

  • ...
1
 3
 760

Chapter 4

Another week past and there were still no improvements in Angel’s condition. Fluttershy was getting desperate. Nothing like this has ever happened before. Never was she unable to cure a sick pet before and it wouldn’t give her rest. She barely ever left the cottage, staying by Angel’s side and trying everything she could to make him better.

Angel was getting more depressed every day. He vowed to himself that he would get healthy again, retaining hope and kept fighting. He managed to push the thought of giving in back, but it never quite stopped presenting itself as the better option. He had thought it over time and time again and it was clear that a burden to her or not, Fluttershy loved him and would be devastated if he gave in. The idea that dying to free her of him was pointless, if it would hurt her so much, was the one thing that kept him going.

Fluttershy, not sure of what to do next, took him to the hospital. It’s been days, even weeks since Angel left the cottage and the sunlight blinded him as he was carried out. He looked at the other animals playing happily. He never liked their company, preferring to spend his time with Fluttershy. When he gets better he’s gonna have to make some new friends. Angel frowned at the idea, but knew it would be necessary.

Nurse Redheart shook her head in disapproval. “Not good, not good at all.” She had thoroughly examined Angel and was now pacing in her office reviewing the results.

As each minute passed and the nurse kept mumbling to herself Fluttershy grew more worried until she couldn’t take it anymore.
“Is Angel going to be OK? I beg you, tell me please!” Nurse Redheart stopped her pacing and looked at Fluttershy.
“I’m sorry Miss, but you have to calm down, I know you’re worried but please be patient.” Fluttershy’s hooves were shaking. “Sorry. I am just so worried for my poor Angel. I just can’t stop thinking of all the terrible things that could be wrong with him.”
“I can understand that, but you have to sit down and try to relax as I conclude the diagnosis. I’m sure it’s going to be just fine.” Fluttershy tried to smile, but could only manage a barely audible “sorry” and “thank you” before sitting down shakily.