• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 680 Views, 12 Comments

Dreaming under Luna's moon. - ParadoxPony



one must be careful of what one dreams when dreaming under Luna's moon.

  • ...
8
 12
 680

Never to be.

"Your majesty! What a surprise! I didn't know ya'll was coming!"

"Yes, and I am sorry for this rude interruption, but i need some information."

Luna leaned in to match AppleJack's height, then glanced left, then right. After seeing nopony in sight, Luna whispered her problem to the orange mare, her muzzle, just inches away from Aj's ear, making the mare a little uncomfortable.

"Well... Your majesty, I kinda promised I wouldn't tell anypony....But...."

"Yes!?" Luna urged.

"Well," Aj dragged on, " I have heard a few things...Shucks princess, I just can't! taint right uh me to betray a secret like that. I'm real sorry."

Luna felt defeated, but tried to hide her feeling behind a lopsided smile.Aj bowed low to the ground and went back to her apple bucking. Luna dropped the smile and went off to find her next victim, i mean subject who could share their knowledge with a princess.
And I know just the pony. Luna thought.

twelve past noon, no time to wait around! Luna rushed down streets and through allies until coming upon a colorfully decorated building with the words "Carousel Boutique" written in swerve letters carved into the door. Luna smiled and walked in, a little bell hung at the top of the doorway making a ringing noise when she stepped in.

"Hello and welcome to the Carousel Boutique where......OH MY STARS! Princess Luna! It is an honor!"

Luna effused to smile, making it plain to Rarity this was strictly business.

"Rarity, I am told that you know things in the area of gossip?"

"Well, yes...But I'm sure I haven't told any thing that...I don't know that much! I..."

Rarity acted more and more flustered with every word she spoke.

"Am I told incorrectly then?" Luna questioned.

Rarity looked down.

"No...Your majesty..."

Luna's eyes brightened and picked Rarity up, giving her quite a shock, and squeezing the wight unicorn tightly against her body.

"This is good news to us!" She spoke in the "Royal voice."

"It is?" Rarity asked.

"Yes," replied Luna, putting the dizzy mare down,"perhaps you can give me the proper information i need"

"I do hope so. Please, come into the parlor!"

Rarity led her guest into a magnificent looking room that almost exceeded the beauty of a Canterlot pent house with it's colors and elegant furniture.

"It's not must but i do what i can!" Rarity laughed nervously.

"You have done well for such a young filly." Luna said, "But I do wish to be on my way as soon as possible."

Rarity blinked back into reality apart from being a aw that the princess of the night was in HER Boutique.

"OH! Of course you do! You probably have to get back to that nice stallion!"

This was it!

"Stallion?" Luna asked, as if having no knowledge of it, but she was eager and her voice sounded a little more forced then she had intended.

"Um...Yes....You two ARE still together...aren't you?"

"I should say not!" Luna protested.

"Oh....well i'm sorry to hear that...What happened?"

Luna answered too quickly, "NOTHING HAPPENED!" Rarity tilted her head and gave the princess an odd look.
Raising one hoof to her chest and taking a deep breath, Luna tried to relax and let the air out slowly.

"Doth you truly think I hath gone to find a special somepony?" Luna stated more calmly.

"Oh, it's not just ME darling, the whole town know about you too, but the odd thing is, he always denies it!"

Luna winced. "He?"

"Oh yes! We found out your little secret in the latest 'Gabby Gums' column! The whole TOWN's talking about you and your somepony."

"But I don't HAVE a special somepony!" A lump started to form at the back of Luna's throat and she became increasingly uncomfortable.