• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 712 Views, 2 Comments

Discord and the Amulet - gabbles_da_fangirl



Discord finds the Alicorn Amulet and turns Princess Luna, Celestia and Cadence into stone. But he decides that Twilight Sparkle is not strong enough to defeat him. It is up to her and her friends to defeat Discord and save all of Equestri

  • ...
2
 2
 712

chapter 3 (edited)

The new king of Equestria sat on his throne. With Princess Luna and Princess Celestia out of the way, Princess Cadence also turned to stone, and all the other royals either far too busy trying to fix things, or absolutely powerless to stop him, there were no remaining threats to the Draconequus. Well, with the exception of Twilight Sparkle and her friends using the Elements of Harmony against him, which they wouldn't, seeing as Fluttershy had promised not to use her Element against him. But, to be honest, Discord was getting just a little bit bored. He was tired of sitting in the throne all day, making chaos but not watching the ponies' reactions to it. He clapped his hands twice, and Zecora stepped out from behind the throne. "What can I do for you, oh most wonderful, amazing, fantastic, spectacular, awesome, brilliant, astounding, stunning, astonishing, stupendous, incredib-"

"Oh, shut up, Zecora. I'm going out for a bit. Make sure those pesky ponies-" Discord pointed towards the six ponies who had turned him to stone not long ago, then tried to reform him soon after that. "-don't cause any trouble while I'm gone."

"Of course, my King."

With a click of his fingers, Discord left Canterlot, turning up in Ponyville. It warmed his heart to see his new subjects running around screaming, utterly confused and slightly scared. It was hilarious to see the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders' or whatever it was they called themselves, to look at their flank and see a cutie mark, then to see it change right before their eyes four and a half seconds later. They changed from mice to guitars, to daggers and knives and swords. The orange pegasus even had Rainbow Dash for a cutie mark, then it turned into a headless chicken. They were confused like crazy. Discord looked around and admired the chaos he had caused. He had never seen anything beautiful since he last used his magic to make chaos, but even that could not be near as good as this. Houses and shops were floating and spinning, ramming into each other, some still with ponies inside them. The clouds were all shaped like Discord, all in different poses. There were ponies on treadmills running on the highest setting, faces red and covered in sweat, unicorns doing spells that would go wrong or backfire, pegasi flying into each other. The streets turned to plastic or marble or something like that, and they were covered in wax, so anypony who walked on them would fall over, then fall again when they tried to get up.

It was so absolutely wonderful that Discord could almost cry tears of joy. Almost. But not quite. It took away some of the satisfaction of it all to know that the ponies did not know Discord was the cause of this. And then he saw something that he hadn't seen for almost a lifetime: A pony causing chaos. And Discord knew that it was not because of his magic. He teleported down to the pony, whose cutie mark was a Tiara, and then clicked his fingers and teleported himself and the pink pony back to the throne room in Canterlot. He turned around, and saw Zecora sitting on it, feet up on the armrest, head on the other armrest. The zebra was asleep. Discord used his magic, and that of the Alicorn Amulet also, to create a feather, and then a few more, and tickle Zecora with them. And then he had an idea. He turned the feathers into spikes, not sharp enough to pierce the skin, but still sharp enough to hurt. He scraped them along the sleeping zebra's stomach, head, arms and legs, until she woke up, almost screaming with pain. "Master... I was not... expecting you... back so... soon..." Zecora said between winces and 'ow's. "Is there anything I can... do for you?"

Discord pretended to think for a moment. "Well, you could get out of my throne, for starters." Zecora, realising she was lying on the king's throne, quickly jumped down awkwardly, the spikes still scraping her skin. "And, come to think of it," Discord continued, now seated comfortably on his throne. "I banish you. To the Everfree Forest. Forever, with theses spikes scraping your skin for the rest of your miserable life. And the Timberwolves can feast on you all they like. But you will not be killed by them, or by anything else, not even age, as long as I live. Because I absolutely... Ah, what's the word!?"

"Despise?" Twilight said helpfully, chained to the wall.

"Ah, yes, that's it! I absolutely despise you, Zecora. And you will never see your home again."

Discord turned to where a confused, shocked, and slight scared Diamond tiara was standing awkwardly. "And you... Oh what's your name, for crying out loud?!"

"D-Diamond Tiara, s-sir." the now terrified pony replied.

"And you, Diamond Tiara, and going to be my new assistant." Discord teleported next to the filly and gave her a pat on the back, clicking his fingers, making the Amulet glow red, and Diamond Tiara was no longer wearing her usual accessory, although it was similar to her usual one, it was red and black, and she had a black cape on with a red and silver image of discord's head and neck with his crown and Amulet.

Discord teleported himself in front of Twilight and her friends, Rainbow Dash trying to sleep and Applejack trying to get out of the chains around her, only every time she moved it made them tighter. Twilight Sparkle looked up at the draconequus. Discord grinned evilly.