• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 711 Views, 2 Comments

Discord and the Amulet - gabbles_da_fangirl



Discord finds the Alicorn Amulet and turns Princess Luna, Celestia and Cadence into stone. But he decides that Twilight Sparkle is not strong enough to defeat him. It is up to her and her friends to defeat Discord and save all of Equestri

  • ...
2
 2
 711

chapter 1

Twilight Sparkle was walking through Ponyville one fine morning. Even though she was an alicorn, she wasn't quite used to flying, so she preferred walking. She was making her way to Fluttershy's cottage. Just as Twilight was about to knock, the door swung open. "Fluttershy!" The alicorn cried as the yellow pegasus stepped outside.
"Oh, um... Hey, Twilight. What brings you here on this fine, sunny day?"
"Well, I was going to ask if you could do a favour for me." Twilight replied.
"Uh, sure... I guess. What is it?" Fluttershy asked.
"Could you please go and get Rainbow Dash for me, seeing as she's in the sky and all..."
"Um, Twilight?" FLuttershy interrupted. "You have wings, remember?"
Twilight looked at her back. "Oh, right, never mind then." As the purple mare started to walk down the path, Fluttershy gasped quietly. "What is it?" Twilight asked, whipping her head around.
"Um... oh,, it's nothing, really, it's just that, um, well... Oh, it doesn't matter, but if you must know, this bird-" Fluttershy pointed a hoof at a little red bird perched on her head. "-just told me that something has happened at Sweet Apple Acres..."
Twilight ran to the end of the path, then spread her wings and flew into the air, the yellow pegasus not far behind her.

When Twilight and Fluttershy landed at Sweet Apple Acres, they saw Applejack and her brother and sister sitting near the apple trees. "Hey, Twilight, FLuttershy." Applejack said half-heartedly.
"Hey Applejack. What's wrong? One my critters told me something happened here, we came as fast as we could." Fluttershy sat down next to her friend and put a hoof on her back.
Applejack waved a hoof in the direction of the apple orchard. Fluttershy and Twilight looked at the orchard. Apples lay on the ground around the buckets used to collect the apples. Twilight walked over to them. There were no apples in any of the buckets. And all the apples were any colour BUT red or green. The princess walked back to the Apple family. "Why is it like this?" She asked.
"That's the problem." Applebloom said. "We can't figure out why this happened!"
"I think I might know who's behind this. Applejack, Fluttershy, lets go!"

The three mares raced through Ponyville, stopping outside Rarity's shop. Twilight knocked on the door, and several seconds later, Sweetie Belle opened it. "Oh, hey Princes-"
"Please, just call me Twilight," the alicorn said.
"Oh, sorry. Hey Twilight. And Fluttershy and Applejack." Sweetie Belle said.
"Hi, is Rarity home?" Twilight Sparkle asked the filly.
"She's having her 'beauty sleep' and said she didn't want to be disturbed." Sweetie answered.
"Could you please get her for us? It's really important."
Sweetie Belle nodded and went back inside. "Rarity, can you come here for a second?" the little filly asked, pushing open her older sister's door.
"Go away." Rarity grumbled. "I'm having my beauty sleep, Sweetie."
"Your friends are here. They said it was really important."
Rarity sat up. "Tell them I'll be right there."

Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie stood in the library. Twilight used her magic to give them the Elements of Harmony. When the princess had given each pony their Element, the six mares ran outside, standing in a circle in the middle of the street. Twilight fired up her horn, and a rainbow connected the six Elements of Harmony. After a few seconds, Discord appeared. "Discord!" Twilight demanded. "Fix the Apple family's apple trees. Right now!"
Discord looked at her innocently. "What do you mean, my dear Twilight Sparkle?"
"You know what I'm talking about, Discord. Fix it!"
"Fix what? I've been reformed, remember? I wouldn't do such a thing!"
"We'll turn you back to stone if you don't put it back!" Twilight threatened.
"Would you now? I wouldn't do that if I were you, Twilight Sparkle. If you turn me back to stone, I won't be able to fix it. Besides, little Fluttershy here promised not to use her Element against me."
"So you admit to doing it then!" Twilight siad.
"Yes. And? There's nothing you can do about it, ponies. Even the Elements of Harmony won't work against THIS!" Discord pulled a black and red amulet from thin air, fixing it around his neck. The six mares gasped. "What? But I thought Zecora hid that amulet!"
"Zecora? Oh, yes. She's the zebra, isn't she?" Discord asked.
"What have you done with Zecora?" Twilight demanded.
"I am OK, my dear Twilight. But this could come across a a bit of a fright." Zecora stepped out from behind Discord.
"Oh, please, stop with the rhyming." the Draquonequus said to the zebra.
Zecora nodded. "I'm fine, Twilight Sparkle. But Discord has shown me what the future will be like, and the only way to stay safe is to join him."
"What!?" Twilight cried. "Zecora, you would never do something like that... right?"
"My dear child, it is there you a wrong. I have been with Discord all along." Zecora said. She was about to keep rhyming, but Discord glared at the zebra, and she stopped. "I hid the Alicorn Amulet after Trixie kindly delivered it to Ponyville, and I have been keeping it safe until the time was right."
Twilight Sparkle noticed that all the ponies, except for her and her friends, had gone inside. She turned to her friends. "Come on, we have to get to Canterlot as soon as possible! Celestia will know what to do!"
The alicorn's friends nodded, then turned and ran down the street, towards the train station. "Not so fast!" Discord said as Twilight turned to join her friends. He clicked his fingers, and the other five mares returned. Another click, and black vines wrapped around the alicorn and her friends' legs. "Uh Twilight," Applejack said. "I think we need a Plan B."