• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 509 Views, 8 Comments

Luna's Misery - memphisgurl



Luna has some thoughts about life while she is on the moon.

  • ...
1
 8
 509

Falling Through the Night

Ever since I can remember I've been falling. Endlessly plummeting through blackness. I am the only thing in this void that is not black. Every moment I've spent here has been spent wishing, hoping beyond all rational boundaries that there is a way out. A way I could put a stop to this eternal descent through infinite darkness.

I can't help but wonder what I could possibly have done to deserve such a dismal rest of eternity. I've tried everything, but its been long enough now that I know. I know that there is no way to escape the clutches of eternal night. No matter how much I fought the oppressive weight of the truth I had to give in. Though I don't except it I do know that I will not only never leave this void, but I will be here till the end of this time because I am immortal. So really I am stuck in time, yet all the while passing through time.

The worst part of all this is that I have not one single happy memory of my previous life. All I can remember are the times when I was full of hate, sadness, or anger. In truth, I've forgotten what it feels like to be happy. I feel that maybe it would be easier to accept my fate if I could go back, just once, and see a happy memory of my family. But really, in truth, they are no longer my family. Instead they are nothing but past acquaintances; acquaintances who abandoned me in my darkest hour. The hour my very identity was stripped away and I was thrown into this void of infinite, eternal night.

This is the moment then; the moment I renounce all ties to my past life. The worst part is, I'm not even sad. Not at all. I guess that just shows how much being here has hardened my soul. Now I feel like my soul is made of iron; perfectly immune to any emotion except despair. I guess it is absolute. I have become an alien doomed to be forever alone. No longer will I trouble my self with what went on in my past nor with the reasons as to why I am here.

From this moment forth I shall only look to the future when I choose to let my thoughts wander. The being that I used to be is gone, dead, and there is no way things can go back. Starting now I accept my fate completely as I have become an eternal, emotionless shell of neither life nor death.

Author's Note:

Though she is not actually trapped forever this story depicts that because that is what Luna feels.