• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 1,150 Views, 8 Comments

MLP: Heroes of Equestria: Nightmare Moon Saga. - SlashaDragos



A young unicorn girl called Twilight hopes to prevent the return of Nightmare Moon and is sent to Ponyville to check on preparations for the Summer Sun Festival, little does she know, some other ponies will be involved, including 6 special boys.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,150

Chapter 1: Strange Beginnings

A young unicorn girl named Twilight Sparkle had just finished reading a book that told of two regal sisters that once ruled the land together, the book also told of certain objects known as the Elements of Harmony. This caught her attention as she was positive she had heard of them once before, with her curiosity peaked, she ran back to her home. Along the way there, three ponies (one Twilight recognized as Twinkleshine) spotted Twilight, they had apparently been looking around for Twilight.

"There you are, Twilight! Moondancer is having a get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?" When Twinkleshine asked this, Twilight immediately got nervous, she wasn't a big fan of having what she thought was distractions happening and she often struggled with having conversations when she had her mind on something else. Twilight said nervously that she had studying to catch up with and continued running home, much to the other girl's disappointment and annoyance.

"Does that pony do ANYTHING except study...?" Twinkleshine said with a sigh of shame.

"I think she's more interested in BOOKS than friends."

Twilight kept running home to learn more of the Elements of Harmony, her home was in the city of Canterlot, Canterlot is the main city of Equestria and is where Princess Celestia, the ruler of Equestria and Twilight's personal tutor/mentor, rules from. Twilight has always felt honored by being Celestia's student and has always focused on continuing her studies to impress her mentor, but because of this, Twilight never found enough free time to make friends, not that she thinks she needs any. She always thought of friends being a distraction from her studies, thus has fears of falling behind in her studies if she did make friends.

Twilight finally managed to get home, where her young dragon assistant Spike was about to exit a room holding a present, he was about to open the door until Twilight ran through it, the door hitting Spike in the process, Twilight however did not realize this as she was shouting Spike's name, wondering where he was until she saw him on the ground dazed.

"There you are Spike. Quick! Find me that old copy of Predictions and Prophecies." As Twilight started searching for said book, she noticed a ruined present stuck on Spike's tail. When she asked what it was for, Spike explained that it WAS a gift for the get-together that Moondancer was having. This just made Twilight irritated at Spike.

"Oh Spike, you know we don't have time for that sort of thing..."

"But we're on a break!"

Twilight ignored Spike as she was frantically searching for the book she wanted, using her unicorn magic to levitate multiple books, lucky for her, Spike quickly found the correct book near the top of one of the bookshelves, when Twilight sees this, she grabs the book with her magic and brings to down to her, dragging Spike down with it. Twilight found the page she needed and the page told her to refer to the book titled Mare in the Moon, which confused both Twilight and Spike, since as Spike reminds, it's just an old ponie's tale. Nevertheless, Twilight found the book and started to read.

"The Mare in the Moon, a myth from olden pony times. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria, defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about nighttime eternal! Spike, do you know what this means?!"

"No....?"

Twilight, deciding not to use up time explaining to Spike, tells him to prepare a letter for the princess. Spike gets a quill and paper and prepares to write what Twilight says to him. Twilight paces around the room while saying what she wants Spike to write.

"My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover... that we are on the precipice of disaster!"

"Hold on...."

When Twilight heard Spike say this, she looked at Spike with confusion. She saw that Spike was struggling to spell some of the complicated words that she was saying. Twilight then tried suggesting other words for Spike to write.

"Threshold."

"Threh...." Spike still looked lost with what Twilight was saying.

"Uh....brink?" Twilight attempted once more to suggest a word, but Spike still looked blank. Finally giving up and feeling annoyed, Twilight decided to change the sentence to something more simple for Spike to write.

"Ugh...that something really BAD is about to happen!" Spike then finally started continuing to write. Twilight then continued telling Spike what to write.

"For you see, the mythical Mare in the Moon is in fact Nightmare Moon, and she's about to return to Equestria, and bring with her eternal night! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle." After Spike finished writing, Twilight asked Spike to immediately send it to her mentor.

"Now?" When Spike asked this, Twilight was confused about Spike's hesitation to send the message. After asking Spike to send it now, he seemed unsure whether it's a good idea. He reminded Twilight that Princess Celestia was busy getting ready for a special celebration known as the Summer Sun Celebration, and also reminds Twilight that it takes place the day after tomorrow.

"That's just it, Spike. The day after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration! It's imperative that the Princess is told right away!"

"Impera...?"

"IMPORTANT!"

After a while, Spike finally sent the letter, telling Twilight that she shouldn't hold her breath. Twilight says that she is confident that the Princess will not doubt as her mentor has never doubted her before. As soon as she finishes saying that, Spike belches out green fire, showing the reply from the Princess. Twilight smiles, as she knew that the Princess would quickly reply. Spike clears his throat and he begins to read out the letter out loud.

"My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely.... Twilight was already feeling proud of herself hearing the compliments from her mentor, however Spike wasn't finished with reading.
"...but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!" All the confidence that Twilight felt suddenly dropped to surprise when she heard that. She could not believe what she just heard.

"What...?" Twilight spoke with disbelief, but continued to listen to Spike's reading.

"My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location: Ponyville. And, I have an even more essential task for you to complete: make some friends!" Spike read out.

Twilight could not believe her ears, not only was her mentor NOT going to take action, but she was sending Twilight to another town with one of her objectives being to make friends, which she did not want to do. Spike also says that the Princess has arranged transport to Ponyville.

Soon after that is said, Twilight and Spike heard some noises from the balcony. Looking outside, Twilight saw two Pegasi wearing golden armour and a carriage ready to take Twilight and Spike to Ponyville. "Miss Sparkle? Your carriage is here." One of the guards said.

Twilight was worried, she thought this was happening too fast and too short notice. Spike on the other hand was excited to be somewhere he hasn't been before and was pushing Twilight towards the carriage.

"Come on Twilight! Let's get going! Isn't this exciting?" Twilight, knowing that she wouldn't be able to get out of this just sighed and got on the carriage with Spike, the Pegasi prepared their wings and took flight towards Ponyville.

Meanwhile, in another dimension...

A young 17 year old boy wearing red named Nathan was practicing self defense with his older brother Michael on his back garden, he asked Michael to teach him since he was tired of being picked on in school. It was getting late that night, so Michael decided that they should finish up for the night.

"Come on Nathan, it's almost midnight. Let's stop now before mum and dad get annoyed at us. Put your stick down." Michael said as he put down his two sticks that he uses for training. Nathan wasn't good at training without a weapon so he settles for using a stick as a single sword, like his favorite video game characters.

"You don't have to show off by using two you know, Michael..." Nathan said with a little annoyance.

"Hey, it's a bit more difficult to do, but you can do some surprising stuff in a fight. Your style is more predictable. Speaking of which, careful with how hard you swing, will ya?" Nathan rubs the back of his head in embarrassment, since he DID have a habit of getting a little TOO overboard while practicing.

"Uncle Nathan, Uncle Michael? Are you finished yet...?" Nathan looked up to his bedroom window where he saw his 8 year old nephew Thomas looking very tired. Thomas was staying over at their house for the weekend while his parents were away for the weekend.

"Yeah, we're finished for tonight. Nathan'll be up soon." Michael and Nathan finally went back inside their house to prepare for bed.

Nathan entered his room where his nephew was getting ready for bed. Nathan noticed his mobile phone was flashing, showing he had a missed call from a few minutes ago, from his best friend Lee. He decided to call Lee back, seeing what he wanted.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lee, what did you try to call me about?" Thomas was looking annoyed at his uncle, since he was trying to go to sleep. Nathan gave him a signal, showing that he won't be much longer with the call.

"Just wanted to see how you were doing, how was your training with Mike? You and me should have a sparring match sometime, eh?"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot you were a fan of samurais and their fighting style. Maybe we SHOULD have a round together."

"Heh heh, Nathan. You know you're too young to drink."

".... seriously?" Nathan had the most blank look ever, since Lee always had a habit of making jokes, some good, some just awful.

" Oh yeah, Travis and Adam was at my house earlier, they went home now. But we had fun playing some video games. Your nephew's at yours isn't he?"

"Yesssss...?"

"Tell him I said hello will you?"

"Sure. Thomas, Lee says hello." Turning his head to look, Nathan saw that Thomas was already asleep by now. "Never mind...he's asleep. So Lee, anything else to say?" Nathan turned his attention back to the call, until he heard snoring from the other end of the call.

"Uh...Lee? Lee? Lee! Son of a...!" Nathan ended the call since Lee has fallen asleep during the call. With nothing else to do, Nathan prepared his sleeping area on his bedroom floor since Thomas was sleeping in his bed. He lay down and soon fell asleep.

Inside a dream...

"What the...?" Nathan opened his eyes to see weird surroundings around him, it was nothing he ever saw before. Looking around some more, Nathan saw that he was standing on nothing, yet he was not falling at all. He decided to investigate the area since he couldn't think of anything else to do. He didn't have to walk very far before he found something else to weird him out. It was his brother Michael, who looked just as confused, if not MORE confused than Nathan.

"Nathan?! What the hell are you doing in my dream?!" This confused Nathan even more, was this Michael the real one and not a dream image of him?

"Wait... YOUR dream?! I thought this was mine?" Now Michael was the one to look more confused.

"Wait... is it REALLY you, Nathan? What the fuck...?!" While Nathan and Michael were trying to understand the situation, some more figures came over to them. Nathan recognized them as some of his friends, Lee, Travis and Adam. Also behind them, Michael noticed their nephew Thomas, looking frightened but trying to at least keep a brave face. Travis was the first to speak up in the group.

"What the hell?! Why are we all together like this? In a DREAM of all things?!" Travis and Thomas was starting to panic, but the rest were trying to keep a level head. Adam managed to calm Travis and Thomas down by saying that since it's a dream, then they shouldn't be able to get hurt. But then more strange things started to happen around the six. A bright light started to shine in the eyes of the boys. Nathan managed to look at the large object behind the glow.

"What the...? Is... that the moon?" After Nathan said this, the rest of the guys managed to look as well. It was indeed the moon that they see every night like normal, but it looked different than usual. The group was examining it, seeing what it was supposed to mean.

"Uh... what's that on the moon? A design of... something." Thomas really couldn't tell what the design was suppose to be in the slightest.

"Looks like some sort of animal." Adam was able to kinda tell with the shape of the design.

"Is that a horse? Can't be... it looks like it has a horn..." Nathan was getting closer with what it is. As soon as that was said though, Michael let out a loud groan of annoyance and pointed out what the design must be of.

"Oh my fucking hell... it's a bloody unicorn..." The group was again lost on what's going on, until the moon began to glow brighter and brighter, so much that the light was blinding to the boys, causing them to cover their eyes from the light.

"What the hell is this, the moon or the sun?!" The light was still getting brighter as the light started to engulf the boys. Their bodies started to feel strange as they started to feel light headed and tired, until they all collapsed into unconsciousness.

On a distant hill overlooking Ponyville...

"Ow my head, what hit me...? Huh? Michael? Lee? Guys! Where are ya?!" Nathan woke up and saw that he was on a grassy hill, getting his bearings he stood up and looked around where he woke up. Soon after he started to search, he saw something he never expected to see in his life. Five creatures that looked like smallish horses that are all coloured differently from each other.

"What the fu....WHAT THE FUCK?! The HELL are you things?!" Nathan and four of the pony-like creatures were being shouted at by the taller pony with a long black mane, however the one with a black fedora hat had a look of surprise on his face towards the one that was shouting.

"Mike...? Wait does that mean it's you guys!?" That got big looks of surprise from all of them. Nathan finally looked at his appearance and saw that HE had turned into a pony as well, much to his surprise, and all of his friend's surprise as well. But, not only were they changed into ponies, they each had real weapons with them. Nathan had a sword, Michael had two blades, Lee had a samurai's katana, Thomas had a bow and arrow quiver, Travis had a fencing sword and Adam had what looked one of those magic staffs that you would see in a video game.

"Huh, where did we get THESE from?" Michael asked, Lee on the other hand, or hoof in their case, was having fun swinging his katana around.

"Who cares?! This is freakin awesome! Look at the metalwork on this blade!" Lee swinging his sword around brought one big thing to Nathan's attention.

"Lee! How the hell are you holding that?!" Lee was confused at first, until he looked where his hand would be, if it wasn't a hoof instead, he was somehow holding his katana in his hoof with a good grip. Surprisingly, Lee wasn't surprised in the slightest.

"Guys, we've turned into talking candy-coloured ponies, and you're questioning how I'm holding this in my ha... hoof?" Deciding to give up on the subject, the group try to get their bearings on the situation. But before they do, they notice one more thing about their new forms. Michael and Thomas had wings, Nathan, Travis and Adam had a horn and Lee had neither of these. They decide to ignore these for now and figure it out later, right now they wanted to figure out where they were as soon as possible.

Looking over the hill they woke up on, the group saw a town in the distance. The first thing they decide to do was head to that town and see what they can find out about where they were. With a plan in mind, they began heading over there. Along the way though, Nathan just happened to look in the sky and notice something flying high overhead, squinting his eyes, he saw that it looked like a carriage seen in a fairy tale that was being pulled by two ponies that were flying.

"This day just got a WHOLE lot more weirder..."

Author's Note:

Twilight and Spike are now on the way to Ponyville and Nathan's group has now been introduced. One thing you may notice is that I will write little details that reference the other group's side of the events, like Nathan's side may reference something on Twilight's side of the events. See if you can spot those details as I write these stories. Hopefully you enjoy this like I am. Any questions, just message me and I'll try to answer.
Description on Nathan and his friend's pony appearances:

Nathan: Leader. Unicorn. Light brown body, darker brown mane, red jacket. Weapon: Sword
Michael: Nathan's brother. Eldest. Pegasus. Blue body, longish black mane with navy streaks, black vest. Weapon: 2x Swords
Lee: Earth pony. Ice blue body, blonde mane with black trilby hat, black vest. Weapon: Katana
Thomas: Nathan and Michael's nephew. Pegasus. Pale green body, blonde mane, darker green shirt. Weapon: Bow
Adam: Unicorn. White body, ash brown mane, orange star cape with orange shirt. Weapon: Staff
Travis: Unicorn. Pale yellow body, darker yellow mane, blue vest with grey undershirt. Weapon: Rapier