• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 452 Views, 6 Comments

Icon - ReifuTD



These stories are about Cutie Marks and the ponies that have them. Icon and his wife Emo study Autoeikonology which is the “Study of Cutie Marks”. They travel across the lands of Equestria, Finding themselves on adventures.

  • ...
 6
 452

Chapter 3: What his Cutie Mark is Telling Him

Green House walked down the hallway to her patient. Many years had passed since she first met Icon and she been a concierge doctor for a few years now.

Just as she was reaching the bed room at the end of the hall the door opens. Out walks the owner of the house. A Pegasus named Smoke Boss. A fat teal stallion with an olive colored mane.

Beside Smoke Boss was his son also pegasus. He was an orange colt with a purple mane. He had a shooting star with a rainbow tail and a cloud at the end for a Cutie Mark. His name was Sky Skipper.

Behind them a gray earth pony in a bowler hat and wide rim glasses. I didn’t recognize him.

“Miss Green,” Smoke Boss spoke to the mare, “Here to give him his medication.”

“Yes,” The mare doctor nodded at her client.

“Carry on,” Smoke Boss continued to walk and the others fallowed.

Green House walks into the room and continued to her normal routine. The patient was a young pegasus colt with an orange coat and mane. An IV drip that administered drugs that brought the poor thing fluids he needed to live.

A thought that never occurred to her until now popped into Green House’s head. This colt looked like Smoke Boss’s son. The face was off but his coloring was the same. But two ponies with the same coloring isn't uncommon but odd enough to take note.

It was this moment another thought crosses Green House. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t think of the name of her patient.

A bunch of other red flags goes off in Green House’s mind. One for example, she has no memories of Smoke Boss’s son being around the house until now. But she knew she met him but couldn’t think of where and she been treating this strange colt for the last few weeks but the details were drawing blanks.

Green House’s heart races, being a mare she was afraid of being snarled in what ponies call date rape spells. Spells that warp a ponies mind or perceptions, spells that are usually used to trick a pony into sex. There were other reason somepony would use this kind of magic. But being a mare, this was why Green House had to be ever vigilant for this kind of magic cast on her and she could now tell something was wrong.

She had to escape this house before she gets a refresher spell cast on her. The doctor mare finished her normal routine then walked out the room.

On her way out the door, Green House bumped into the bowler hat pony. She let loose a little jump scream.

“Sorry if I scared you miss,” The pony replied.

“It's okay,” Green House answered her hoof over her heart.

The two of them left the house at the same time. The bowler pony walked one way and Green House another. She walks around the block and hysterically runs down a Manehattan beat cop walking by.

As the police pony called for reinforcements from the nearby police box, Green House noticed something posted on a telephone pole. A missing poster of the young colt she was taking care of.

I got off the train at Manehattan’s Central Station. Emo got off behind me her face a little green from motion sickness.

You know I had a reason to be motion sick?

Let’s not get a head of our selves dear.

Okay but I should start the explanation at this point.

Yeah you should,

Okay, you may have noticed that difference in text color. Since there are two of us, It helps you know who’s narrating. We will try to focus on one of us. Be we both are experiencing these events but sometimes not at the same place and time. Also I’m using narration to text spell and may decide to keep in some of our commentary and conversations. Not all but some.

Green House had call me in a few days ago. She told me there was something she needs my skills for.

“You think he switched their Cutie Marks,” I said in shock to Green House once we met and sat down for lunch.

Is that possible?” Emo remarks with the same look on her face.

“Well Twilight in recent history did the same thing,” I told Emo. “Cutie Marks holds powerful cosmic magic’s that if messed with can change reality it’s self.”

“How so?” Emo asks.

“They didn’t switch Cutie Marks,” I answered, “The Cutie Marks staid in place. The ponies who they belonged to switched. On top of that almost every pony’s memories were changed.”

“I suspect this happened with me,” Green House answers, “It’s the most logical answer. But we can't know for sure until you check him out.”

“Is there a cure to Cutie Mark switching?” Emo asks.

“You have to get a pony to rediscover his or her talent,” I answered. “This is where Eikonpsychology comes in.”

Icon got up and left the room leaving me with Green House. Two of us looked at each other for a moment. Green House spoke first.

“So, how long have you known Icon?” She asked me.

“Long enough,” I put my hoof to my belly imagining the small foal inside.

Green House smirks which was followed by a frown. “Damn, he’s younger then me. I really need to get going on that.”

The two of us laughed.

“How about you?” I asked, “When did you meet Icon?”

“It was right after he lost his eye and just before his Cutie Mark appeared,” Green House had a reminiscent smile on her face. I was an intern at the hospital taking care of him.”

“I guess you kept in touch.” I smiled, “Why do you think they did that thing? You know switch Cutie Marks?”

“Well I can’t trust my memories,” Green House sighs, “But I suspect that Smoke Boss was trying to bring his son back. I think there was some kind of accident. He fell in a coma because of it.”

“I see,” I nodded my head.

The orange colt was sitting in a ceil room when I walked in.

Where is my father!” The colt calling himself Sky Skipper cried.

“Are you sure he’s your father?” I asked the scared colt.

“It’s not true you’re not the only one who said that to me,” The colt snaps pulling on his cuffs which were connected to the table.

I put down some photos. One of a middle age mare and another of a Cutie Mark belonging to a pony named Speed Run. The mark was of a smoking tire.

“This is your mother,” I told him.

“No, It’s not!” The colt shouts.

“This was your Cutie Mark,” I told the colt.

“It was never!” The colt snaps.

I decided to change the direction of my efforts. “Okay then tell me about your Cutie Mark? How did you get it? What does it mean to you?”

The colt gives me a helpless look. “I don’t remember, why does it matter! I know who I am!”

“I see,” I walked over to the door and knocked on it with my hoof signaling the guard to let me out.

Waiting in the hall was a middle aged mare who was crying into a handkerchief.

“Miss Olive,” I spoke to the mare, “You know how your son got his Cutie Mark?”

“He snuck out of the house without my permission and went cart racing,” Olive answered.

“Then we must let him go cart racing.” I shrugged.

“You can’t be serious,” The guard spoke up, “If he bolts we could never get him back.”

“He must experience the act his natural Cutie Mark is fix to.” I told the pony guard.

I pedaled my legs and hit the brakes. I turned the wheel. The box cart drifted across the pavement. It stopped a few feet from Icon.

“Yeaha,” I shouted jumping out of the cart taking off my helmet. “They didn’t have this stuff back home at my town. Of cores we don’t have hills like this there too.”

“You’re lucky you didn’t wipe out doing that,” Icon remarks adjusting his hat.

“Concerned,” I walk by Icon tickling his nose with my tail.

The police guard led the orange colt to one of the box carts. I really like his Cutie Mark wish he didn’t have to get rid of it. Him and the guard got into the box cart.

They push down on the pedals and the box cart started to move. The vehicle moved half a block before the colt struck at the officer. The police pony passed out and the colt kicked him out of the cart. Then he zoomed down the block.

“Excellent!” Icon shouted smiling and headed for an extra box cart.

“I’m driving,” I cheered dashing ahead of him. Icon made a sighing growl and sat next to me.

The machine had twin pedals and with the two of us working together it went even faster. We hit bumps and the cart started bouncing up and down.

“Weeeee!” I squealed as I got that buzzing on gets in their anus when moving really fast.

The colt made a turn and I turn after him. We quickly caught up rubbing against his bumper.

“Sweetie, We need to slow down to keep up with his pace,” I told Icon.

We soon lined side by side to the escaping colt. We hit our wheels together causing both our machines to spark. Then something on the colt’s machine made a loud snap and it went out of control.

The cart stopped, and we hit the brakes on our cart and we screeched to a halt.

“Wow, I think the baby even liked that one,” I giggled.

Icon replied by holding his hoof over my head and dropping it down with a loud clop.

“Ouch!” I cried rubbing my head.

“You’re an idiot,” Icon replied coldly.

There was a flash of light as the colt stumbles out of his cart laughing with joy.

I made my report coming to the conclusion that the colt was really Sky Skipper and his miraculous healing was not caused by Cutie Mark switching. Afterwards he was put in jail for a year for attacking the police guard. Smoke Boss got five years for foalnapping.

When Sky Skipper was released from jail he contacted his family’s attorney and got control over all of his father’s accounts. Soon after that the accounts were emptied and Sky Skipper disappeared. Speed Run’s mother Olive disappeared too leaving her son in hospice care.

Some say that Sky Skipper was really Speed Run. That he somehow found himself even after my efforts failed meaning I was wrong in my conclusion. Some even questioned if my stated conclusion was a lie and Emo and I helped Speed Run remain hidden as Sky Skipper so he could steal the money from Smoke Boss. My reply to that is, “Prove it,”.

Author's Note:

This chapter was inspired by the "Where's the Docter!?" story from the Blackjack manga.