• Published 23rd Jan 2014
  • 1,307 Views, 7 Comments

Sad Seed - JourneyCatMLP



Babs Seed admits about her teasing in Manehatten.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,307

The Whole Story

The Crusaders followed Babs. She could run fast for a filly her age.

"Babs, wait! Don't take the argument so seriously!" Applebloom called.

But Babs Seed ignored and kept running. Tears flew from her green eyes. She was expecting to come here and escape the bullying, but instead she came to more. Babs tripped on a rock and face planted. Applebloom rushed to her aid. Babs sniffled as Applebloom brushed dirt out of her mane.

"Babs, why did ya run away like that?" Applebloom asked her cousin.

"Because...I really thought I could escape them bullies by coming here, but instead, I come to more bullying," Babs said quietly.

"Hey, Babs, why don't we all go to the clubhouse and you can talk about your bullying in Manehatten? Maybe talking about it will make you feel better," Sweetie Belle suggested.

Babs nodded. The four fillies headed to the clubhouse and entered. They sat down and let Babs get comfortable.

"Well, they definitely wouldn't let me hear the end of bein' a blank flank," Babs said sadly.

She cleared her throat and began her story:

"Hey, blank flank! Nice cape you have there! You think you'ze a superhero? You certainly are a hero at lameness!"

"Shut up, you! I ain't wearin' this cape for that reason!"

"You're right, because you can't be hero at anything!"

"Then that bully came up and snatched the cape. I chased him but he was much faster. I caught up to him but he had already fed the cape to his dog," Babs said. "That dog had ripped it to shreds in such short time."

"Awww, little baby blank flank gonna cry?"

"Why did you do that? Just...why?"

"I felt like it!"

"That was his excuse," Babs grumbled.

"Did he ever get punished?" Scootaloo asked.

"Are you kiddin' me? I go and tell adults at school about those dang bullies but they don't believe me!" Babs said with a huff.

"Now I lost my Cutie Mark Crusader Cape! Can my life get any worse?!"

Babs got home but didn't bother saying hello, because she knew she would get no answer. Her mother was in the kitchen talking on the phone about stuff the filly didn't care about, and her father was lying on the couch drunk as usual. Babs hoped to seek comfort from her sister, but then remembered that she was at a friend's house for a sleepover.

"And is isn't like I'm allowed to have any sleepovers. Heck, anything I ask my parents they say no. I'm surprised they even feed me any food," Babs said with a grunt.

"Why wouldn't they?" Sweetie Belle wondered.

"I always feel like they don't want me around and they would think they would wasting bits for food for me. However, they love my sister. They always spoil her rotten and I get nothing new," Babs responded.

This was true; Babs' older sister was always given what she asked for at some point while anything Babs asked for would never come around. This spoiling made her a brat. In fact, whenever Babs told her sister about the teasing she receives at school, she just scoffed and told Babs to suck it up.

"She didn't take what I told about the bullyin' by heart. Instead, she laughed at me," Babs complained.

This angered the others greatly, especially Applebloom.

"We need to talk to Applejack about this," she said.

"What would she do?" Babs asked angrily.

This troubled Applebloom. Babs Seed continued her story.

"Sis, can I talk to you?" Babs asked her sister when she came home.

Babs Seed told everything about the bullies out in town and school. Her sister rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"Oh, just deal with it!" Babs' sister said with hate in her teeth. "Do I look like I want to give any words of wisdom to a worthless little filly?"

Babs angrily raced to her room and slammed her door. She jumped into bed and moped for a good two hours.

"Freakin' sister freakin' sucks! I don't care! I hate this pathetic world!" Babs furiously said as she threw her pillow against the wall.

Babs Seed bitterly thought about her 'family'. Her 'mother' always ignored her, her 'father' was always drunk and lashed out at her, and her 'sister' obviously didn't look out for her and help her through life.

"So, there's my family for all of you," Babs said.

The other Crusaders were shocked and saddened.

"If it weren't for you guys, I probably wouldn't be here," Babs piped up.

"What?! What do you mean?" Applebloom asked in alarm.

"Well, my social life is cruddy, my family is neglectful, and there's nowhere to go in the city with you always havin' to worry about foalnappers and all a' that, but you guys here show me actual care," Babs answered. "I-I've been thinking suicidal lately."

The other three fillies gasped in horror.

"So, that's why you did what you did," a voice suddenly said.

The others looked up to see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon standing outside the door.