• Published 23rd Jan 2014
  • 1,305 Views, 7 Comments

Sad Seed - JourneyCatMLP



Babs Seed admits about her teasing in Manehatten.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,305

Babs' Return

"Applebloom, I have good news for ya!" Applejack called.

Applebloom hurried up to Applejack on rapid Earth filly hooves. Good news was always called good news for a reason: it was good! It was news any filly loved to hear.

"We just got a call all the way from Manehatten. Babs is gonna come over soon," Applejack told her sister.

Applebloom gasped in delight.

"Oh boy! How long is she stayin' fer?" she asked excitedly.

"Calm yerself, filly! Yer more bouncy than jumpin' beans on a Saturday morning!" Applejack said with a little laugh. "Ya won't believe it! Babs' family has an important business trip to make this summer and cannot find a foalsitter for Babs. She's comin' here for the summer."

Applebloom's eyes widened with glee.

"The whole summer?!"

"Precisely, sis."

Summer vacation had just started, and now three months with Applebloom's favorite cousin would make it better. Applebloom danced with joy.

"When will she get here?!"

"She'll be arrivin' in the train nine o' clock tomorrow. We'll leave for the train station at around eight thirty."

"Ah gotta go tell Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo," Applebloom said.

"Just make sure yer home for lunch," Granny Smith reminded, poking her head out of the kitchen.

"Seriously, ah wouldn't miss out on yer apple pie for the world!" Applebloom said before heading outside.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were waiting in the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse. Applebloom burst in panting but smiling big.

"Wow, something put you in a good mood," Sweetie Belle said.

"Babs is coming back to stay, but this time, she's stayin' for the whole summer!" Applebloom huffed.

"Awesome!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"She's right on time, because we have so many plans for earning our cutie marks this summer," Sweetie Belle said.

"We better get prepared, 'cause Babs is showin' up tomorrow at nine o' clock," Applebloom told her friends.

So for that day, the three fillies cleaned up their clubhouse and Applebloom's bedroom. They also talked nonstop about what they would do with Babs and how they would achieve their life goals of getting their cutie marks. This chattering drove Applejack up the wall, but she managed to keep her cool seeing how excited Applebloom was.

Sure enough, at nine o' clock the next day, Applebloom with Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applejack saw the train coming up to the station. After the train stopped, a few ponies got out and stretched themselves. Babs Seed came out last. She smiled and blew her mane out of her face, then ran up and embraced her cousin.

"Boy, am I happy to see you."

"Yup, same here, Bad Seed."

Babs rolled her eyes knowing that she still had that nickname.

As everypony walked back to the farm, the happy fillies talked about they were going to do for the summer. Applebloom insisted this would best summer ever just because Babs Seed was here. Babs was glad to escape the city for a couple months, as well as see her beloved cousin who actually believed she was there and was nice to her. After making it to the farm, Applejack told everypony they could go their ways but to be careful. The Crusaders went the clubhouse.

"Say, Babs, where's yer Cutie Mark Crusaders cape?" Applebloom asked.

Babs' ears fell. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Did ah say somethin' wrong?" Applebloom asked, concerned.

"Oh...no you didn't, it's just..." Babs Seed trailed off.

"Did you lose it?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Sorta," Babs admitted.

"Please, Babs, tell us what happened," Scootaloo said.

"A bully back in Manehatten...let's just say he teased me and...stole the cape," Babs said with a sniff.

"Ah have so had enough of bullies," Applebloom said under her breathe.

Sweetie Belle suggested they all go out for a walk in town to hopefully make Babs feel better. Everypony agreed.