• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 491 Views, 10 Comments

A Bad Wish Gone Worse - Pt. 1 - Burning_Halo



A new pony by the name of Wildfire goes to Ponyville with the same task Twilight was given; making friends.

  • ...
 10
 491

Chapter 8

Naturally, the last day for preparations would be a busy one. Everyone was hard at work getting last minute chores done with; some working a little more frantically than others. Everything was in order though. Decorations were being put up, food was being baked for the night, clothes were being touched up and fitted properly. Yes, everything is in order.

Twilight was walking through town with her checklist and a quill handy. Spike was again riding on her back, holding on to some extra supplies for Twilight that she would need, just in case. Wildfire was tagging along, but wasn’t fully involved. He was reading a book as he tailed Twilight, Spike holding the book for him as he sat backwards and propped the book up on Twilight’s tail.

“Alright, guys! Tonight is the Celebration!” said Twilight, getting excited for herself and the pending celebration.

“Mm-hmm.” Wildfire nodded along, eyes following along the pages.

“You think well get to have some of those apple fritters like we had last year?” asked Spike, his mouthwatering at the thought of the apple treats made by the Apple family.

Twilight giggled, already giddy with excitement.

“I’m sure that the Apple family is working hard on the food, Spike.”

Twilight took up her scroll and unrolled it, looking it up and down.

“Alright.” said Twilight, with a breath.

“What can we check on first?”

She studied the list, looking it over from top to bottom.

“What do you think, Spike? …Spike?”

She stopped trotting long enough to get Spike’s attention, also catching Wildfire’s attention after almost running into her head first, his nose buried in the book. Twilight turned to see Spike holding the book for Wildfire, letting him read it as they walked through town. She looked at Wildfire, giving him mildly frustrated look. Wildfire stared back vacantly, acting more innocent than Twilight would allow him.

“Maybe you should put that down for a while. You’ve been reading it most of the day yesterday anyway.” said Twilight, picking her pace back up.

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t want to mess up your two’s groove. Maybe I should just take this back to the library and stay out of your hair?” mumbled Wildfire, attention turned back to his book.

Spike slammed the book closed in Wildfire’s face, taking it and placing it in his lap. “She’s right you know… Twilight would know over reading when she sees it.”

“Of course. Wait, hey!” said Twilight, whipping her head around in realization of what Spike was getting at.

Spike giggled some, covering his mouth with his claw.

“Just, hand over the book for the day.” asked Twilight.

Wildfire nodded, and Spike handed the book over to Twilight. She took it and looked at the cover. Basic Knight Code was its title.

“Alright, now I’ll take this and put it back on your desk. You need to focus on your task that Celestia gave you.” said Twilight.

“Ok.” nodded Wildfire. “So, where do I start?”

“Well, you could take this.” said Twilight, tearing her checklist from the middle and handing a half over to him.

Wildfire took half of the list, reading it from the beginning to the end.

“Not a whole lot on here.” said Wildfire.

“Between the two of us, it shouldn’t be.” said Twilight.

“The addresses are on the right side, just so you can find the places.”

“Alright.” said Wildfire, still looking a bit vacant as he looked the list over again.

Twilight smiled kindly. “It’s pretty easy to make friends, especially here in Ponyville.”

Wildfire nodded, replacing his absent expression with a more timid form of excitement.

“You’ll do fine.” said Twilight. “We should meet when we are both done.”

“Alright.” nodded Wildfire. He looked at his portion of the to-do list.

“The Apple family. Out at the farm.” read Wildfire.

“Oh! Can I go with you?” asked Spike, jumping off of Twilight’s back.

“No.” said Twilight, drawing out her expression.

“You stay here with me.”

“Oh, alright.”

“Ok.” said Wildfire. “Meet you guys in a few.”

Wildfire took flight and made a heading for the farm, picking up speed on the light gust.

“Good luck!” shouted Twilight.